Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

No zoom in/zoom out or shaky cam on moves!!!! Wanted this for years!! Thank you Fox!

I posted this during the debut on Fox :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,371 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When Reginald was getting his new suit, I was just thinking that when I buy a new suit, I get one that fits.

So does that match mean Natalya and Tamina now enter the tag title match?

I'm assuming Edge wins next week

Rollins suit also small and short :p

Did Cole say Cesaro was embarrassed by the the swiss cyborg (himself) so taking it out on him, must have meant Rollins

Otis and Dolph teaming up, what would Mandy think

Bryan was great with Edge and Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rollins suit also small and short :p

Did Cole say Cesaro was embarrassed by the the swiss cyborg (himself) so taking it out on him, must have meant Rollins

Otis and Dolph teaming up, what would Mandy think

Bryan was great with Edge and Reigns

Yeah Otis and Dolph teaming so soon after feuding with no explaination is just usually poor WWE planning. At least have a bad stage segment acknowledging it or some hesitation.

No, we are dumb, we wont notice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Yeah Otis and Dolph teaming so soon after feuding with no explaination is just usually poor WWE planning. At least have a bad stage segment acknowledging it or some hesitation.

No, we are dumb, we wont notice.

It's more than 2 weeks ago... Did Otis and Ziggy even have a feud?

Necro wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, a triple threat at Mania between Edge, Reigns and Bryan would make me very excited. I've a sneaking suspicion that's where we're eventually going.

So Edge wins, pins Bryan, Reigns claims he didn't lose so rematch, I like to see Edge win by pinning Reigns after a spear, Bryan has livened the feud up though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,338 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Midnight start tonight

Edge vs Jey Uso with the winner been the special enforcer for the universal title match at fast lane

Let's hope Edge gets through the match injury free

another class suit from Seth Rollins, he has great fashion sense

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Shinsuke on all the steroids.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Shinsuke on all the steroids.

him vs Rollins has so much potential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/praekm

A new entrant to the WWE video package hall of fame.

J. Marston wrote: »

Yeah that was great

Apollo putting on that stupid accent again, how is big e keeping a straight face

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭hynesie08

And they've killed Big E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah that was great

Apollo putting on that stupid accent again, how is big e keeping a straight face
    new character is Apollo's idea by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If they played a similar video before all "least anticipated" matches they have, there'd be less time for actual matches.
    So a Sami/Owens feud incoming?

I don't like when they have video packages that show guys 18 or whatever years ago. It just reinforces how few modern stars they have that this guy has been around that long plus the year before his big moments and is main eventing Wrestlemania this year.
    Not taking away from Edge himself but if their are fans that don't have the nostalgia for Edge or whatever star they're doing the video for, which numbers and comments seem to reflect, this would just make you think "Wow they're old".

What's with Bianca's hair? Are those bits at the side stuck down or are they drawn on?

22 swings for Rollins was it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,595 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will Apollo be sending Nigerian Prince emails to the WWE's mailing list trying to con them out of money next?

That accent is worse than Kofi's Jamaican one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

J. Marston wrote: »

That was very funny.

Going to give Smackdown a go for a few weeks, see how it goes with Bryan/Reigns/Edge and Zayn/Owens

PWInsider is reporting that the word going around in WWE is that Charlotte Flair will appear this Friday night on SmackDown. Flair was originally scheduled to challenge Asuka for the Raw Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 37 but those plans changed and Rhea Ripley was called up early to the main roster to take Flair’s place.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    PWInsider is reporting that the word going around in WWE is that Charlotte Flair will appear this Friday night on SmackDown. Flair was originally scheduled to challenge Asuka for the Raw Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 37 but those plans changed and Rhea Ripley was called up early to the main roster to take Flair’s place.

So it will be a triple threat at mania for the SD women's title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So it will be a triple threat at mania for the SD women's title
    Oh jesus, please no.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,595 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wait isn’t Charlotte a RAW Superstar?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Maybe she’s going to come over to SD, say she wants in on the Title Match, and Bianca comes out and does her “nah-ah” thing, and Charlotte goes “give me a match against you. I win, it’s a Triple Threat, but you win, and I go back to Raw”.. Gives Bianca another big win leading into WM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

If you want the loosest bit of continuity then didn't Charlotte show up on NXT and Bianca wanted in on her Mania match with Rhea and lost meaning she never got her chance at the NXT title. She said something like "You don't even go here!".

Again I'm trying to make some form of logic but honestly, at least there was some semblence of a reason for Charlotte to be inserted in the Ronda/Becky match. This time there's none of that.

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Maybe she’s going to come over to SD, say she wants in on the Title Match, and Bianca comes out and does her “nah-ah” thing, and Charlotte goes “give me a match against you. I win, it’s a Triple Threat, but you win, and I go back to Raw”.. Gives Bianca another big win leading into WM?

Daithi, I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but its highly unlikely (I'll donate 10 quid to a charity of your choice if it does).

If Charlotte shows up Id say it could be to have a cross brand match with Bayley. Neither are doing anything and Its not a bad match with Bayley as heel.

But Id also think Charlotte v Belair (once Belair actually wins at WM) would be a better match at a PPV down the road.

That aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Belfair faced Charlotte and I wouldn't be surprised for WWE to shoehorn Flair into this feud or to have her go over at WM. WWE gonna WWE.

Charlotte should be no where near this feud. While Banks and Belair has been a poorly handled feud, adding Charlotte will just make it worse.

I hope for a Bayley Charlotte feud if Charlotte is indeed appearing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They could have Bianca vs Charlotte and if Flair wins she gets added to the title match but Bayley comes out to cost Charlotte the match and then they have small feud going into WM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I remember the buzz cross brand matches used to cause.

Lesnar v Goldberg being set up from previous Survivor series.

HBK v Angle at Mania 21.

Maybe that was my apex of fandom 14-15 but the brand was something relatively new and there was a commitment to it.

Would like to see brand specific ppv. Would give the undercard a real purpose and chance. Make PPV specific matches mean more as well as the supershows.

Damn the logic is there why can't they just put a bit of effort into some logical stuff!

Sirsok wrote: »
    I remember the buzz cross brand matches used to cause.

Lesnar v Goldberg being set up from previous Survivor series.

HBK v Angle at Mania 21.

Maybe that was my apex of fandom 14-15 but the brand was something relatively new and there was a commitment to it.

Would like to see brand specific ppv. Would give the undercard a real purpose and chance. Make PPV specific matches mean more as well as the supershows.

Damn the logic is there why can't they just put a bit of effort into some logical stuff!

Brand were usually kept apart all year. Even at SS there wasnt always cross brand matches.

Shawn v Angle for example was fresh because they never interacted previous to the Royal rumble.

They could have Bianca vs Charlotte and if Flair wins she gets added to the title match but Bayley comes out to cost Charlotte the match and then they have small feud going into WM?

A small TV match would be fine, but it doesnt get Belair over if she wins via assistance.

Belair is the next star, have her look strong. She should be the priority.

Id rather Charlotte be kept away from her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Brand were usually kept apart all year. Even at SS there wasnt always cross brand matches.

Shawn v Angle for example was fresh because they never interacted previous to the Royal rumble.

Yeah that is my point, it meant something when two top brands crossed.

Seeing Goldberg show up at No Way Out was a blast!

Now it's diluted severely between forgetting about brand extension to that wildcard rule.

Advertisement