Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am really excited to see where they will go with Luke Harper.

He now has a chance to show his full potential as a singles star.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Something he's always given out about is part timers coming in and taking the big spots at Mania and this year the main event slot looks to be going to 2 of them

I guarantee if he got offered the same role in 2 or 3 years time he'll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ERG89 wrote: »
    I guarantee if he got offered the same role in 2 or 3 years time he'll take it.

he basically took the same role in UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Who's going to win the battle royal?

Luke harper!?
    The Miz?
    Zake ryder?
    Could mojo headline wrestler mania?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Who's going to win the battle royal?

Luke harper!?
    The Miz?
    Zake ryder?
    Could mojo headline wrestler mania?

Simon Gotch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Why would CM Punk be laughing? Considering what has happened to him in the last few years he is in no position to laugh at either man.

What's happened in the last few years that should shame him into changing his opinion on who should and shouldn't be getting a prominent position at Wrestlemania?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    What's happened in the last few years that should shame him into changing his opinion on who should and shouldn't be getting a prominent position at Wrestlemania?

CM Punk moaned about guys who were not full-time regulars getting main event spots on big shows over hard working joes like himself, then left to go to UFC where he gained a very lucrative contract and prominent UFC PPV position over the other hard working joes in that organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CM Punk moaned about guys who were not full-time regulars getting main event spots on big shows over hard working joes like himself, then left to go to UFC where he gained a very lucrative contract and prominent UFC PPV position over the other hard working joes in that organisation.

To be fair to him though at least he didn't mind jobbing out to and putting over Mickey Gall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Another Tuesday another

latest?cb=20160725135134

Here's your preview

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2017-02-21

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That 30 day rule has probably been broken about a dozen times over the last year with other belts.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing injury is real but it openseems up a great storyline for her to get it back

Shane Mac must be a busy man if he misses so many SDs compared to his sister who seems to be on raw almost every week

That sky sports golf ad is starting to do my head in. Why do sky have to show the same ads the whole time

Luke Harper to win

FFS

Why not do a fatal four way for the title Bray vs Orton vs Harper vs Styles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Shane Mac must be a busy man if he misses so many SDs compared to his sister who seems to be on raw almost every week

Keeps him fresh and a fan favour
    Most people hate Steph cos she's always on and a tweener
    #lessismore

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone else reckon they botched that finish a bit? Styles looked like he clearly hit the ground first, and then they showed zero replays of it. They'll probably just try to sweep it under the carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone else reckon they botched that finish a bit? Styles looked like he clearly hit the ground first, and then they showed zero replays of it. They'll probably just try to sweep it under the carpet.

Agh. An oul who's feet hit the floor first job was it
    Jaysus never done that before have they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah on first instant I just assumed Harper had won.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Stephanie is there most weeks, why does Foley have a job at all?

Stupid crap like that is awful annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Stephanie is there most weeks, why does Foley have a job at all?

Stupid crap like that is awful annoying

I think Stephanie's there only for the reason if a superstar is getting too big for their boots and they use Stephanie to emasculate/bring said superstar crashing back to reality..

That's my theory anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think Stephanie's there only for the reason if a superstar is getting too big for their boots and they use Stephanie to emasculate/bring said superstar crashing back to reality..

That's my theory anyways.

I'd love to see Shane do the same, tell everyone how they're worthless and crap, makes for great viewing

One of the things that make Smackdown so much better is that you only see DB or Shane when you really need them, such a contrast to Raw and the near 20 year heel authority boss

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Right so is Noami genuinely injured ? I did see at the end of the PPV that she title I got a bit botchy and noami looked in pain with the knee.

Also I see they broke out the rumble 1994 finish. I don't like that finish as it's very hard to control and get the desired result if one guy is taller than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Also I see they broke out the rumble 1994 finish. I don't like that finish as it's very hard to control and get the desired result if one guy is taller than the other.

It was actually executed pretty well in the 2005 rumble, only I don't think it was actually planned!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought the Battle Royal was very messy overall and the ending was completely messed up. Like was was the point in having so many officials out there when none seemed to actually be in position. And was so clear Luke was still on the apron when AJ hit the floor.

Set up the mixed tag match anyway in 2 separate matches. Never understand why it's always the person who's thrown that gets attacked instead of the person who does the throwing. Nattie was obviously at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Clearly he still works independent of the WWE sorry if that ruins the perception that authority figures are involved book the show. I often feel the show benefits with as little input from any authority figures or storylines as possible.
    Pretty mediocre show overall. Maryse was a bit overkill with the multiple lead pipe shots to a woman; as if it she was meant to be attacking Wonder Woman or someone unstoppable.

Clearly he still works independent of the WWE sorry if that ruins the perception that authority figures are involved book the show. I often feel the show benefits with as little input from any authority figures or storylines as possible.
    Pretty mediocre show overall. Maryse was a bit overkill with the multiple lead pipe shots to a woman; as if it she was meant to be attacking Wonder Woman or someone unstoppable.

Reading on wiki that he is current vice chairperson of YOD (you on demand). Maybe he's just living on his money and is a stay at home dad ??

She was clearly practising with it beforehand going by the way she kept twirling it like a sword or sometihing.

Reading on wiki that he is current vice chairperson of YOD (you on demand). Maybe he's just living on his money and is a stay at home dad ??

i think his wife is a heiress as well so im sure hes living the dream doing whatever he wants.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Personally thought that was a great end to SD.

I really like Luke Harper but he isn't seen as main event talent at the moment but that match elevated him a hell of a lot and the spotlight the ending with AJ gave him combined with his match next week with AJ will elevate him and as a result his mania match (The Wyatt Triple Threat). Meanwhile as much as I would like AJ to have a different match at Mania he now with that finish and never getting a 1on1 rematch for the title has issues to have with the GM (Shane) pre mania.

The main event was all storyline - Kalisto was only there to be eliminated by Ziggler who in return made the third man in their feud (Apollo Crews) look good when eliminated. Corbin & Ambrose repeated their chamber spot to keep their thing ticking over while Cena and The Miz now have issues to go along with their lady folk.

They might not be the storylines you want but I think they did a great job to actually focus on progressing so many storylines in one main event match. It's the type of storyline progression Raw needs to keep 3 hour shows interesting

• Advertisement

I was thinking the same thing. Even though they had 10 of their stars in the main event, it didn't feel like there was too much filler to make up for it. They just had long matches as well as the participant comments.
    seeing Mojo in there though seemed strange because I don't think he's feuding with anyone. If they want to start pushing him, he needs to get a decent feud. Trying to think who would be good for him.

Advertisement