Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Orton burning the house was bizarre. Haven't seen WWE do that kinda weird $hit in years - maybe the Orton/HHH feud in 09?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I was thinking it may be a double turn whilst watching but as the compound burned the crowd were chanting Randy which made me doubt that. Orton is one of those guys that the crowd have always loved no matter how long he's been around so I was worried if they went Orotn heel and Wyatt face that Orton would still be cheered. I'll have to wait and see how it turns out in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'll be bloody pissed if AJ Styles isn't in the title match at Wrestlemania

As he said he's jumped through every hoop put in his way, Randy said he was giving up his main event opportunity, if they want to make it a triple threat I'm okay with that but it's just baity bullsh1t if Styles isn't involved now

If he was going to face Shane at Mania why not have him deck him when he comes out to restart the match and AJ wont fight again saying he already beat Harper, then you have genuine reason for him not getting the title shot at Mania and I fear they're going this way but if he doesn't get the match it's such bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'll be bloody pissed if AJ Styles isn't in the title match at Wrestlemania

As he said he's jumped through every hoop put in his way, Randy said he was giving up his main event opportunity, if they want to make it a triple threat I'm okay with that but it's just baity bullsh1t if Styles isn't involved now

If he was going to face Shane at Mania why not have him deck him when he comes out to restart the match and AJ wont fight again saying he already beat Harper, then you have genuine reason for him not getting the title shot at Mania and I fear they're going this way but if he doesn't get the match it's such bull****

There's only 4 mores SDs til Maina so next week they will make a no 1 contenders match between styles and Orton in which Orton wins

Sd 3 weeks before mania- Styles goes ape**** on Shane and attacks him

Share returns on the SD before mania and challenges Aj to a match at mania

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well I suppose having to fight 3 different no 1 Contender matches 3 weeks in a row would annoy someone.

And how strange was it that they couldn't get a better angle of the Battle Royal ending? They could've just asked anyone who recorded it the previous week. And even from the angle they watched, it was obvious AJ went first. Though the way they said it, it sounded like they knew they had a better angle but had to pretend they didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Cena/AJ should have been the Mania Match, both of them in garbage nothing matches now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Odds on Cena proposing to Nikki after their Mania match?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Odds on Cena proposing to Nikki after their Mania match?

Yeah for sure, think that's the whole reason for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Is it me or has Cena's promo style gotten even more "street" for want of a better term? "Aw hell naw" "I'm here witchoo..". He's getting a bit long in the tooth for it!

It was cringe 10 years ago, it can't be good now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Pentecost wrote: »
    Is it me or has Cena's promo style gotten even more "street" for want of a better term? "Aw hell naw" "I'm here witchoo..". He's getting a bit long in the tooth for it!

I noticed that too. Some 'Dr. of Thuganomics' swagger slipping back in from time to time. I did wonder if it was on purpose to start a slow burn heel turn but I think that shop has sailed. Ironically, if he ever turned he's get a massive pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He seems to have a few promo personas. Normal Cena (*adjusts cap* "Fine speech"), street Cena (what we saw with Miz) and southern boy Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Cena does well in his promos but his biggest failing is when the other guy is talking. He grins like a moron and spoils it.

When he was feuding with AJ, and AJ was talking, he kept beginning to smile but then went serious. I thought someone had a word and he was fixing it.

Then with Miz, he was back to his usual grinning like a fool even when Miz called him a fake and a phony. No one would smile like that if they were being accused of being a phony. Then he gets to talk and its all serious.

This grinning, his loose STF and his shouting out spots in matches are what bugs me most about him.

And those HORRIBLE punches.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Cena does well in his promos but his biggest failing is when the other guy is talking. He grins like a moron and spoils it.

When he was feuding with AJ, and AJ was talking, he kept beginning to smile but then went serious. I thought someone had a word and he was fixing it.

Then with Miz, he was back to his usual grinning like a fool even when Miz called him a fake and a phony. No one would smile like that if they were being accused of being a phony. Then he gets to talk and its all serious.

This grinning, his loose STF and his shouting out spots in matches are what bugs me most about him.

Not to mention his constantly messing with the cap on his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And those HORRIBLE punches.

Including his bad habit of punching the mat for the five knuckle shuffle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE have announced Styles vs Orton will main event next weeks SD, winner going on to Wrestlemania as challenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Cant see any other outcome than AJ losing. Randy losing doesnt make sense, and AJ being in the the match is more fuel for AJ v Shane feud, denying him a rightfully earned opportunity. Then AJ losing only furthers that. makes the match a lame duck, but Smackdown has been so good lately i'll still tune in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I feel like AJ vs Shane at Mania would be so much better if Shane was the heel. They had plenty of time to pull off those turns but we're resigned to the best wrestler on the roster being the villain against the entitled son of a billionaire in a position of power. I like the match itself oddly enough, but the feud just doesn't make sense to me. Why should we boo AJ? Because he's the best and he knows it, and has already been screwed out of a guaranteed WM main event because Orton changed his mind? I'm not buying that.

Knowing the SD writers, they'll find a way to make it interesting though.

That time of the bastard week again, that's right the shining star of WWE television.

Smackdown-Live.jpg?w=640

Cause let's face it, RAW isn't exactly on fire these days. Here's your preview.

First one i'll skip, as Lord TSC alluded to it last week
    WWE have announced Styles vs Orton will main event next weeks SD, winner going on to Wrestlemania as challenger.

John Cena & Nikki Bella set to team up for first time against Carmella & James Ellsworth
    John Cena & Nikki Bella will team up in-ring for the first time on SmackDown LIVE tonight when they face off against Carmella & James Ellsworth.

The two pairs arrived at a point of conflict backstage last week when The Princess of Staten Island & Ellsworth interrupted the couple as they talked about their recent issues with The Miz & Maryse. The Cenation Leader & Fearless Nikki had no patience for the F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S tandem’s blatant disrespect and challenged them to a Mixed Tag Team Match next week.

What will it look like when Cena and Nikki team up for a historic first time in a WWE ring and will Carmella and Ellsworth have any answers for them? Find out tonight on SmackDown LIVE.

Who will challenge Dean Ambrose, Alexa Bliss and American Alpha at WrestleMania?
    While it looks as if WWE Champion Bray Wyatt’s WrestleMania opponent may finally be decided tonight on SmackDown LIVE, the No. 1 contenders for the Intercontinental, SmackDown Women’s and SmackDown Tag Team Titles at The Showcase of the Immortals are still very much up for grabs.

While there is no denying that Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose has drawn the ire of Baron Corbin in recent weeks, there is no guarantee that any conflict between them will take place in an organized title match. When you consider the volatile nature of both The Lunatic Fringe and The Lone Wolf, chances are just as good that they will end up clashing in an unsanctioned brawl in some dark corner of the arena. Moreover, Corbin is not the only potential challenger to Ambrose’s title. Certainly, whoever loses this week between Randy Orton and AJ Styles could end up looking to overtake Ambrose, not to mention past adversaries like The Miz or Dolph Ziggler.

As far as two-time SmackDown Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss is concerned, anything is possible. Becky Lynch continues to stand toe-to-toe with the Wicked Witch of WWE. In addition, after some questionable statements last week from Natalya, there is a strong possibly that The Queen of Hart-less may also be gunning for a title opportunity. When it comes down to it, in a time where the Women’s division is arguably stronger than it ever has ever been, any of Team Blue’s female competitors could step up to try and take Alexa’s place on top of the mountain.

SmackDown Tag Team Champions American Alpha are definitely “Ready, Willing and Gable” to take on all comers. While The Usos have set their sights on their long-standing foes, with only four SmackDown LIVEs left before WWE steps onto The Grandest Stage of Them All, you never know who will challenge Chad Gable & Jason Jordan, or if American Alpha will even have the titles when the time comes.

Who will throw their hat in the ring for the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal?
    With so many title pictures still uncertain for The Show of Shows, one must not forget that the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal is also ready to turn WrestleMania upside-down.

Considering that The Road to WrestleMania is an opportunity for Superstars to attempt to propel themselves into main event status, who will be the first SmackDown LIVE Superstar to enter the colossal contest?

SKY SPORTS 5 - 01:00 A.M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wonderful preview lithium. I hope they set the title matches for smackdown in stone tonight,which gives a bit of time to build on what they have already have.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wonderful preview lithium. I hope they set the title matches for smackdown in stone tonight,which gives a bit of time to build on what they have already have.

All credit to WWE, I just copy and paste :pac:

As much as I adore the way Smackdown is booked, I really hope we don't end up with AA vs. The Usos at Mania. They're repackaged the latter and they still don't interest me in the slightest, decent in the ring but I just want them to go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

martyos121 wrote: »
    As much as I adore the way Smackdown is booked, I really hope we don't end up with AA vs. The Usos at Mania. They're repackaged the latter and they still don't interest me in the slightest, decent in the ring but I just want them to go away.

Same I don't know why there just Meh to me and always have been

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I bet this episode of Smackdown will be more entertaining than Fastlane and RAW combined.

AA must be one of the blandest teams in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't fully get why people have been going on as if the Smackdown booking has been a master stroke, this booking for the main event of Mania has been one giant clusterf*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

CSF wrote: »
    I don't fully get why people have been going on as if the Smackdown booking has been a master stroke

Probably because RAW is the point of comparison. :pac:

CSF wrote: »
    I don't fully get why people have been going on as if the Smackdown booking has been a master stroke, this booking for the main event of Mania has been one giant clusterf*ck.

I guess it's a love it or hate it type of thing, because for me the main event has been booked very well (overcomplicated yes, but it's still got me hooked). Bray Wyatt has never been so interesting to me before and I could nearly say the same about Randy. Then add Harper to the mix who's role in the match is yet to be fully determined and it's set up nicely.

I do understand why some don't like it though, especially the real pro-wrestling purists. You just have to switch off from reality at times and bask in the utter lunacy of it all. Raw takes itself far too seriously and look at the state of it most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The way I look at it is nearly everyone has suffered from the clusterf*ck. I enjoyed the Randy Orton at the compound segment but I didn't feel that was helped in any way by the number 1 contender battle. It just made an illogical situation where one week Orton relinquishes his number 1 contender spot only to want it back for no obvious reason.

Then you have Harper who has been soundly beaten in his pursuit to become number 1 contender. He is hardly helped here. And Styles goes into Mania as the dastardly heel who is receiving the Stone Cold/Vince treatment by the supposedly face Shane McMahon.

I guess it's a matter of perspective but they should have built to Orton/Wyatt and Shane/Styles in a much better way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

3 recaps in the first 10 mins. new record???

Advertisement