Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,338 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 86,371 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can King Woods overcome USOs and Heyman with Reigns if Kofi is out injured

Looks like SS teams changing, fairest was qualify before announcement of the teams

Jeff is still so over

Toni is around and finally gets to ask for a title match

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now who replaces Aliyah and Sami?

Once again they ignore NXT's existence. Pat asking "Who was that?" about Von Wagner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I was wondering about that myself, presumably they'll go with Toni Storm for the women given she's made a challenge to Charlotte?

For the men possibly Sheamus? Overall a mostly filler Smackdown, with no real established feuds they're all sort of kicking their heels till after Survivor Series.

Just to show how scripted Charlotte can be there was a couple seconds gap where she stopped talking and Toni's theme started. She may as well have said it as "Here's the thing... stop for music". I know that wasn't entirely her fault and the cue seemed to be missed, but she could at least attempt to keep going.

Her promos are all the same as well, if you see one you've seen them all. I did get quite the laugh about her saying there was... 'nothing natural about Becky' though... 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Reigns looks **** bad ass with the crown

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Has there been a worse build to a PPV?

They showed a graphic that didn't even have the full team on it and had to explain Toni Storm should be there, that's is embarassing. Shotzi/Banks was pretty good.

Not all that excited for most of the card for Survivor Series, had to look it up to be honest. Guessing Woods gets involved in the Big E/Reigns match so that one could be a letdown. They added a 25 man battle royale cause the Rock debuted 25 years ago, right. Remember the rumours about all the big stuff they were going to do for his anniversary, what a shambles.

They probably expected The Rock to turn up and it fell through. I'd say they'd be advertising his appearance if he was coming.

Ridge Holland, Sheamus's fellow Irishman. Though Pat did correct himself later.

Yeah that was my thought. Don't know if they're ever likely to get him back for a programme with Roman tbh.

Even though he seems to work a lot, I think he knows he doesn't need WWE as much as they need him and likely wouldn't want them to think they can call on him anytime they want.

Or maybe he just isn't available.

I think the fact he's got so many projects in the works that if he were to wrestle and get injured it could mean a film being delayed or scrapped altogether at the cost of millions. Just don't think he can afford to do it nowadays. I'd read that when he was injured after WM 29 they were forced to delay the start of filming Hercules, not sure if it's true but he's even more in demand now and older again so I reckon the chance of injury is more likely and the impact would be even greater. I'm wondering if it's just one of these impossible "dream matches" at this stage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He’s said before the movie studios insurance won’t cover wrestling and they would personally sue him if an injury from wrestling would delay a movie filming schedule.

so I don’t ever see him wrestling again. Show up for a promo and a quick rock bottom/people’s elbow sure. But nothing more.

Yeah remember him saying that alright. I could only see it if it's his own production company and a studio that would want to keep him happy and if he really wanted to wrestle they might allow him. Definitely becoming a pipe dream at this stage though. I think from a quick look I figured out earlier that he's about the same age now that Hogan was when they wrestled at X-8. Which is nuts.

I'd love another world title reign for Jeff, he is still so over and wearing an Edge tshirt

• Registered Users Posts: 38,338 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

God I hate Angel and Humberto

Drew is winning the battle royal

• Advertisement

Sami won.

Is this one of those, please don't leave pushes?

Same is happening with KO on Raw and it's exactly what I was thinking tbh.

They're obviously keeping Drew on ice to dethrone Reigns at some point. Personally I think Hardy was a better winner than Zayn for that battle royale but either way it's fresh I suppose...? Not sure exactly what they're doing with Kayla they're hardly pushing her forward as Brock's mouthpiece...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’ve a feeling zayn will get the wrath of lesnar before his title match can take place.

Leans into Sami’s conspiracy.

Yeah at first I thought Sami would use the fact he was never eliminated as part of the conspiracy. Knew there would be Brock news when the pointed out Kayla was at ringside.

Is Drew and Hardy heading for a feud, tag mates friends then enemies before one gets a chance at Reigns, Hardy would be better to feud with Reigns

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Any KO and Sami will both have a similar feud where there is 0 hope they are winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Roman was great for a while, bit sick of him now though.

He is literally doing the same thing week in week out with no progression.

It’s so boring. But what else would you expect WWE to do. Ruin their best act over and over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭kksaints

Problem is that they haven't built up a threat to him other than Lesnar and do people really want Lesnar as a part time champion again? I don't anyway.

• Advertisement

Advertisement