Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No one in wrestling can move like Brock. Animal.

Also, says it all about what a monster he is that a pair of ridiculous dungarees does nothing to dampen his aura.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

I agree partly. For me once we had the Finn loss it confirmed it. It became clear they had no end goal in mind and now that they have Brock in the picture he will be here for the long haul and we're back to the same programme as always Brock/Roman. There was a time when I assumed Big E would be the one to topple him but that's not gonna happen now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Damn wwe I got my nephew a 'bloodline shirt and now they do this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I remember a while ago sharing a VOW Twitter post here were they said that the Reigns tribal chief thing was the most overrated storyline in any company and I got hammered for daring to go against the sentiment that it wasn't the best thing in wrestling/sports entertainment at the time. From reading this thread and a few other spots online it seems they may have been right after all! Some of the Reigns stuff wasn't bad but it was so overrated by some it was laughable!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

At the start the tribal chief stuff was done very well and it was good stuff. But wwe being wwe they ran the thing into the ground.

By doing the same thing over and over and over. Also having Jimmy align with Roman for no reason also killed the momentum it had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I thought Jey was the one with momentum that was killed by the storyline. Now he's just a bum alongside his brother again, someone no where near as good as Jey IMO.

Roman has done well with his character but I honestly don't care about him anymore. The "who will beat him" thing just doesn't interest me as it's either going to be a part timer who doesn't need it, or someone that just isn't ready/right for the honour.

Not really. It was great but has lost steam, like most great storylines.

VOW are a pack of gowls anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,375 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Jey wins the RR and the title at WM off Reigns it would be good, he is the better off The Usos

Heyman retiring, walking away, really, I think he is likely to show up at Day 1 helping Reigns

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'll enjoy it if it happens, but the problem is it'll likely mean a continuation of Brock-Reigns which isn't interesting enough for Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks like this week's out early. Just a top 10 of the year.

Becky as a co-presenter. Changing sunglasses each time. Though shows her feelings on Big E when she drops the character to talk about him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Honestly think Heyman will eventually turn on Brock again whenever he meets Roman, I reckon they had that planned for Day 1 but with Covid testing positive for Roman Reigns it threw that plan out the window for the time being.

Gotta be honest, really dug that Smackdown. Thought it was great.

Johnny Knoxvillle being in the rumble is fun, then again I love Jackass but could see how it would rub some people the wrong way. Charlotte and Naomi's match was decent, at this point if they don't have Sonya and Naomi square off in the Rumble match though I'm gonna lose interest, they've dragged it out a lot. As for the women's Rumble. Not sure how I feel about Charlotte entering it but there's not many people who I could see as her opponent right now so fair enough. Not a fan of them announcing so many Rumble entries but then again... Mickie James as Impact Knockouts Champion! That's pretty damn cool even though I doubt much will come of it long-term.

Corbin and Moss are kinda grating but I am strangely enjoying their awful cringeness, I got a legit laugh when Moss was shouting that he fooled everyone. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing Raiders/Drew as a stable either especially going against the Bloodline for a feud. Rollins/Reigns is a good match-up. I do like when WWE have their hands tied a bit and that's obviously what's happened with COVID and Roman being out for Day 1 but I do think it leads to some interesting match-ups and surprises. Even if it's a short programme I think this version of Rollins and Roman can be good. Again you can nitpick the whole brand split thing but I'm fine with them ignoring their own laws and logic to get to something interesting like I think this could be.

Also just realised Seth knocked the Shield's theme at the door, that's amazing🤣

With Brock winning the WWE title I was wondering if he was meant to win the Universal title. And now I decided to go the conspiracy route and say they didn't know what they wanted to do or how to end the match so they gave Roman the night off with the made up COVID story. 😵

Seriously though, was just looking at Roman and Seth's matches and of the singles matches they've had together, Seth's come out on top most of the time. Lucky Seth was there to be given the shot.

Usos setting up a match by using the 3D?

Oh and I hope Charlotte doesn't win and the Rumble is just being used to set up her opponent for Mania maybe being the one who eliminates her. Impact champion versus WWE champion? Though more than likely not

It's reall hard to imagine who wins the women's Rumble for Charlotte's mania opponent. Could maybe see Asuka for a Mania rematch or a returning Bayley.

Also on your point, I saw someone suggesst that this is basically WWE setting up what would have happened had Day 1 gone as planned.

If they wanted Seth to win the Fourway and Brock to beat Roman.

Have Brock beat Lashley, have Rollins beat Reigns. Then the belts switch brands again so the Universal ends up back on Raw on Rollins and Brock stays on Smackdown with the World Championship. Then you get back to what the seemingly wanted before all this happened. Then again it all hangs on Rollins beating Roman which I'm not sure they'll do, certainly not cleanly.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Officer999

Is Roman face now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Think Brock is still meant to be the face and Heyman will turn on him as part of some grand plan between him and Reigns. I imagine that the was the plan for Day 1.

They need to be careful with Rollins as well. I like his OTT schtick but just knocking on Reigns' door to start cackling is ooof.

Surely SD had someone to face Reigns, what about Sami, Lesnar cost him his match

Charlotte the champion in the rumble

I think Sasha is back only to have her rumble and WM wins

Brock is the most entertaining thing in wrestling right now. His Heyman impression and "Acknowledge me" was so good.

It's a shame they wasted so many years with him scowling in the background when he is actually this comfortable and funny on the mic.

• Advertisement

Pretty solid looking show, was just thinking that Aliyah had disappeared but guess they need to wheel her out for the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Officer999

The Lita return has really come in under the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Charlotte “hogan” flair came out dressed as Nancy Kerrigan and then didn’t sell lita giving her the twist of fate. For all you can say about her dad he at least knew when to sell. Charlotte is clearly believing her own hype.

She needs rid of the heels and stop the face work, concentrate on selling moves

I wouldn't be opposed to Lita against either Becky or Sasha

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jo187

Just watched the clip on YouTube. Don't think she undersold it. She was on the ground selling it and by the end of the segment Flair was just on the bottom rope, regrouping herself. Don't see a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

The Big Dawg and now head of the table Roman Reigns is the best thing in all of pro wrestling.

The man oozes charisma and star power. His promo with Rollins was excellent.

So how many other entries in the Guinness World Records are sponsored? I'm sure there are women with more matches than Natalya in the business. Then last night showed how pointless records for a scripted show like this are when they just decide to set a new record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

It's a sad state of affairs when lita at 46 looks better than Charlotte (35) I can can see the no sell aspect of when lita had her set up for the twist of fate alright, she just looked bored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jo187

It reminded me of when Brock came back. He kicked Cena in the stomach and put him up for the F5 and John looked so bored, just hanging on Brock shoulders waiting for the drop.

Advertisement