Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Announcer made a mistake anyway by announcing Woods before Kofi could build him up.

So is anyone actually interested in the Charlotte/Ronda match. At this point Charlotte is more go away heat than heel heat for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ronda is so bad on the mic she really needed someone who could carry her in that respect, the Becky feud would have been a better starting point imo because they at least have history. Charlotte and Ronda don't have anything bar 'I can break your arm' - 'No you can't'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

The feud is so bad that it feels like Ronda totally cooled off from her Rumble return, which was admittedly not as hot as it could have been either.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The match itself like the buildup could be rotten because I think in rondas first run she was protected and her matches were short(and a had HHH and angle) and she had other people to bounce off during promos so it wasn’t just her.

I felt the rumble match and her time in it didn’t help her, and the happy go lucky Ronda is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Ricochet and Finn both holding titles and not being on Mania is a real shame. What a mess.

That's to say nothing about Ricochet losing twice to a B level tag team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,379 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Naomi and Sonya added some interest in the Ronda Charlotte feud but now it is boring and dull

Whose winning Andre battle royal?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Omas or Bobby Lashley

I'm assuming if already on the mania card you can enter it ?

Tbh won't matter who wins it in the long run

Didn't realise that was tonight. Looking at the entrants, I'd say Balor or Priest.

Who wins the IC title match? I think Ricochet will only win through a rollup after Humberto and Angel argue over who gets the pin.

Madcap or Jinder to win

• Advertisement

Part of me is a little excited about tonights episode. More than likely will watch it all live and get it out of the way

I might actually take a nap and set my alarm for 3am for the HOF, really want to see Taker get inducted live. Can watch Smackdown tomorrow morning then without too much hassle

Jesus you'd forget some guys are still employed by WWE esp Drew Gulak

Monsoor took some hit there by Ciampa

**** it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Balor has to get out of WWE, he's the most pointless champion at the moment, jobbed to moss in the battle Royal and pinned twice by theory. If mcafee goes over on theory it makes balors credibility amount to zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why? He could be perfectly happy with his lot.

He's 40, presumably making big money, on a fairly light schedule and is a new Dad (I think?). I'd coast like him too in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Don't think he's had a kid yet? But the rest of it is probably true. I'd say he can do a stint in AEW and/or back in Japan whenever his contract is up if he wants. Main roster money keeps a man in Lego for a long time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Agreed. He has no personal integrity left. he was told by Vince he’s nothing more than a jobber for them now.

People act like WWE is a gold mine and he should be happy to cash the cheques. But there’s plenty of money out there in the wrestling industry now for a lot smaller of a schedule as well.

His career will end with everyone remember him as the midcarder WWE guy and nothing more. His legacy is erasing more with each passing year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Bit harsh. Like Nakamura and Zayn, Balor seems suited right down to the ground with his life right now and that's all that should matter really.

He's hardly over exerting himself which is why I think once he's done with WWE, he will go somewhere else for one last run and the fans will eat it up. I don't think he's hurt his legacy outside of WWE at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He's still got lots of years left in him. With the shape he's in he has at least another 10 years in him if he doesn't get any serious injuries. When is his contract up anyway?

I don't see any real issue with how Balor is booked recently, he beat a red-hot Priest to win the US Title, and has been getting younger talent over consistently in Theory and Moss just in the past few weeks while also putting on decent matches. He's certainly getting better treatment than say - Ricochet since he won the IC Title.

The only real complaint I'd have about Balor is that he should absolutely have a Mania match for the US Title against Priest. Lashley and Omos got one segment of a build and somehow we have a match there, whereas it seemed they had been building Priest and Balor up for the past month and we get them fired into the Andre Battle Royale, it's just bizarre that they're not having a match that would be damn good as well at that.

As for the Battle Royale itself - meh. They haven't even used the winner in any capacity in the past since Cesaro got a mini push off the back of the first one.

List of winners - Cesaro, Big Show, Corbin, Mojo Rawley, Matt Hardy, Strowman, Jey Uso, Madcap Moss.

4 of those guys aren't even with the company any more, Corbin is fighting over a fake sword with Drew (which Moss is also involved in) and Jey Uso is still in the tag division. The winner isn't suddenly going to be catapulted into the main event scene so winning it means about as much as winning the Women's Tag Titles these days, it's a prop and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

“no personal integrity left.” That’s a bit harsh in all fairness @Loughc. Neither WWE or AEW for that matter should be made to be these gold mines because AEW has an issue brewing where there’s too many wrestlers singed and contracts coming up, and tony khan better have figured out how to manage that. So I’d be happy if Balor went back to Japan and end his career there. I don’t want him in either WWE or AEW.

So after that Battle Royal, I guess that means Ciampa is definitely main roster now.

We have the thread but missing many posts @Boards.ie: Niamh

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Your post is no. 7140 as I am looking at it, is that the same for you? Are posts missing from specific dates? is it from 3rd April on - that was the case with the previous thread it happened to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Loving Drew Gulak as an interviewer. The guy needs protection for his own health.

Butch is gonna get over big time. He has the potential with this new gimmick.

Advertisement