Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah think we expected that it wouldn't be a clean win. Reckon it could be a triple threat for Mania to keep Gunther from eating the pin so he can challenge for the main title maybe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Rey/Dom story has been fantastic stuff. The moment Rey finally snaps and smacks Dom is gonna lift the roof off whatever building they're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was thinking mammy Mysterio would be hit or something with Rey snapping because of that

The Dom turn in Cardiff was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who would think heel prison dude Dom and so over face Sami would be tops in WWE

I want Rey to throttle Dom at WM

Cody should face each of the Bloodline "one on one" before WM imho

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The "Woah-oh" pop in Cody's entrance is gonna be deafening at Mania. Crowds love it.

• Advertisement

Same, I'm wondering why that isn't the match cause there must be a reason. Brock vs Gunther would be money and he would really elevate the title if he went after it. Maybe Brock doesn't want to be in the midcard title picture having never won one before but that would have been amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Speaks volumes that there was zero Bray Wyatt on Smackdown this week?

If Lesnar is finishing up soon, the match may happen at SS with no title involved

Has Lesnar never won any mid card titles?

Yeah only world titles afaik. The rumour he was finishing up was debunked by the original source but seems to be persisting so wonder if there's something to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Brock seems to alternate between wanting easy matches and wanting big matches.

Feels like he's chosen a quick squash match at Mania, rather than a 15-20 minute banger vs Gunther (and probably having to put over Gunther too). Unless Brock was willing to eat the pin to put over Gunther, the match is probably better off not happening right now, as they continue to build the latter as the next big baddy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

BREAKING NEWS: According to Ryan Frederick of the Wrestling Observer/F4W Online, Bray Wyatt is out indefinitely and will not be having a match at WrestleMania due to creative issues.  

Looks like bray might be on his way out of the WWE again!

Talk online is creative differences is because Vince is back in charge of creative and nixing all of Bray’s ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Will be interesting to see which story is true

Might be worth pointing out that Ryan Fredrick also has an incredibly spotty track record, Reddit are apparently considering banning him as a source and Sean Ross Sapp has said he is out of action for an undisclosed physical issue.

Maybe there's truth to it but, grain of salt and all that. If he is only gone for a bit hopefully he comes back with a clear idea of what he actually wants to do or what story he wants to tell and Lashley gets a good Mania match instead.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Undisclosed physical issue is so vague. If it’s an injury why not announce what it was?

I'm enjoying the wrestling journalists bicker amongst each other like children tbh. Not really bothered whether Wyatt is injured or if he's fecked off cos creative finally told him his shtick is nonsense, him not being at Mania is actually a bonus. Give the Lashley match to LA Knight he'll sell it in one single promo.

Rhea Charlotte brawl helped build their WM match but what was Charlotte wearing

Cody being one of the reasons Sami and KO reunited ensures that if they were ever so inclined, the crowd won't turn on him. Clever enough.

The Rhea/Charlotte brawl finally pushed it over the threshold of being "meh, this will be fine for Mania" to being a big match. That Riptide on Zelina was class too nearly put her through the mat!

Sheamus, Drew and Gunther is going to be great even if I still feel a little cheated out of a Mania ladder match. Not sure if they'll do a title switch here but it feels primed for it with Gunther avoiding taking the L.

And of course Rey and Dom continues to be fantastic, still not sure how they're going to get from Rey refusing point blank to fight Dom to the match actually occurring... Maybe the HOF ceremony will be used which would be unique to say the least.

Only thing I'm not enamored with is the whole multi tag match stuff, but I guess it gets people on the card? Feels like the women's tag belts are just, as per usual being used as props in a different feud though. Presumably we see Ronda/Shayna in this match along with two other teams... Carmella and Chelsea Green would be one of my guesses then who knows for the fourth. They'll probably give the slot to Natalya 😂

Mens will surely be Braun/Ricochet, Street Profits, Viking Raiders and... Alpha Academy?

That mixed tag match was good, Zelina is decent in ring and can sell, Rhea is just on fire, she has to win at WM

I keep expecting Mrs Rey and the daughter to come to SD, be involved, I can't wait for Rey to finally slap Dom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

WWE can't miss with the Bloodline stuff. Some people (online) were put off by Roman beating Sami but there is no pushback from crowds and no bad will towards Cody. It's may be their best booking in decades. They've done great angles but nothing that has been this good long-term.

Still think Mammy Mysterio (not Mami) will be insulted or something by Dom which will make rey snap

Cody Vs. Kaiser

Rey Vs. LA Knight with all the Mysterio family in attendance

Sami a guest on the KO show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

In Vegas for my buddies stag party and he's decided we should all head to this! Should be fun, he's not a huge wrestling fan but the stories have pulled him in lately!

That was great and great pop for Rey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I hope they let Sheamus complete his grand slam at Mania. He's been a proper workhorse for years now, always delivering a decent in ring performance. Drew has won enough he doesn't need the IC title.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

MVP getting a chant when he's not even in the ring.

• Advertisement

"Crowd cheers raucously as man beats son" 🤣

Seriously what a pop, hope we get some HOF shenanigans too.

That Charlotte promo, Jesus, what a mess. Is she not a face? Acknowledging the What chants just made them worse, definitely should not be the main event of night 1, it's dead on arrival.

The KO/Sami segment seemed weirdly tense, guessing it was to play up their history and stuff but felt odd, even if the t-shirt reveal was nice.

Poor Lashley (and others) getting stuck in the Andre Battle Royal on Smackdown.

Advertisement