Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I did find it funny when the supposed bad ass Uso's told AJ he can't doing that to Shane in the changing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I did find it funny when the supposed bad ass Uso's told AJ he can't doing that to Shane in the changing room.

i can see why they did it as they were trying to get the therory that AJ crossed the line even for the other heels

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bray Wyatt rubbing himself with charcoal & "ashes" is a visual I wish I could unsee.
    One of those storylines people will rightfully take the piss of.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

colmufc wrote: »
    I only got back into wrestling after a 10 year leave of absence in late 2012 , but I think I remember something about bryan being mentored by the miz something about the orignal nxt or tough enough , so ya I could see it working but I don't think wwe would ever turn bryan heel as it's hard to turn him face again without him being able to fight

Yeah. Bryan's WWE debut was on the original incarnation of NXT which was where they took some "rookies", paired them with established superstars and them them work together. Bryan and Miz got paired up, with a big part of the story being that Bryan wasn't exactly a rookie and felt he was above Miz's help. The two worked well together, and thats something that could really tie such a story together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

ERG89 wrote: »
    Bray Wyatt rubbing himself with charcoal & "ashes" is a visual I wish I could unsee.
    One of those storylines people will rightfully take the piss of.

The whole gimmick has been carnie from the beginning, I don't see the point in moaning about it as it gets increasingly weird.

Either embrace it or get off the pot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah. Bryan's WWE debut was on the original incarnation of NXT which was where they took some "rookies", paired them with established superstars and them them work together. Bryan and Miz got paired up, with a big part of the story being that Bryan wasn't exactly a rookie and felt he was above Miz's help. The two worked well together, and thats something that could really tie such a story together.

I had just got back into WWE at that point. I didn't know who Bryan was to be honest. It was the best NXT storyline apart from the nexus that season.

Cole going heel on Bryan and sucking up to The Miz was devilshly hateful!

What ever happened to Michael Tarver?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I had just got back into WWE at that point. I didn't know who Bryan was to be honest. It was the best NXT storyline apart from the nexus that season.

Cole going heel on Bryan and sucking up to The Miz was devilshly hateful!

What ever happened to Michael Tarver?

Best thing that ever happened to Bryan (or one of the best things) was getting fired as a result of overdoing it in the Nexus invasion. He came back in at Summerslam in his own right and never really looked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

AJ styles is brilliant. He deserves better at mania but after last night i am looking forward to him vs shane o mac at mania

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder when we will get a new smack down management team or even a new GM ?? Foley is as good as gone as Raw GM after mania

Daniel Bryan will most likely leave WWE for a while when his child is born and is in danger of not renewing his contract when it's up

Kurt Angle as SD GM would be better than the planned Raw GM role

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ricero wrote: »
    AJ styles is brilliant. He deserves better at mania but after last night i am looking forward to him vs shane o mac at mania

Deserves better? There aren't many higher profile matches you can have at WrestleMania than against a McMahon. Between Vince and Shane, they've faced the likes of Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, The Undertaker, Hulk Hogan and each other. That's pretty great company to be in and shows what they think of Styles. It won't be the best wrestling match he'll ever have, but it will be the biggest match he's ever had (Wrestle Kingdom vs Nakamura was big but WrestleMania will always be bigger).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, we won't see a 5 star wrestling clinic but it's a huge profile match for AJ so he's obviously held in high regard and Shane can go in brawls/gimmick matches so it should still be very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ricero wrote: »

Agreed. Perhaps the best wrestler they have and his Mania match is carrying a near 50 year old non-performer, with some of the worst worked punches in wrestling, to a good match. It's almost like a punishment. Just think if Zayn had been moved to Smackdown a few months back. He and Styles could have had the match of the night in a Mania bout but instead Sami is lost in the shuffle, while AJ is left carrying a McMahon. I find it depressing.

Hard to believe Shane McMahon is almost 50

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hard to believe Shane McMahon is almost 50

Well Vince looked fairly good up until recently and I know he's 70 now but the last few years he looks old. So it must be a McMahon thing.

Also I see Becky dropped a snakes on the plane reference on talking smack and said "Yiz" a twice. Her accent was thick last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

To be honest it may not seem it but putting AJ with Shane in a one on one is a huge indicator of how much trust they have in AJ. Being in the same company as the Undertaker isn't a bad place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Also I see Becky dropped a snakes on the plane reference on talking smack and said "Yiz" a twice. Her accent was thick last night.

Her accent gets thicker when she's getting carried away. She made Nattie burst out laughing and (it seemed) break character when she told Alexa she was wanted back in the workshop to get ready for Christmas. Nattie tried to cover it up by muttering something like "yeah you're funny but I'll beat you blah blah..". Said this before but I do like Becky, Alexa and Mickie, they've all got a bit of personality. Carmella and Nattie not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Mickie's a face now? Was a very face like entrance anyway.

Nice of Shane to turn up for the show eventually.

I liked the look on Miz's face when Bryan was telling him about all the things he had done. Was just the look of a "Yes I did" grin. I did not like the overreaction by Nikki and Cena when the match was announced. I hope it's not treated as a joke.

And it was really strange to have a main event which had no build during the night, that I remember.

And is the Miz/Bryan feud the longest running feud in recent history? It's just so consistent and is entertaining when they're together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Thought talking smack was gas. I after the girls left Brian just started rambling
    'I suppose they where here to promote their wrestle mania match'

Becky had a great comeback to nattie aswell. Think nattie corpsed a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

smackdown-live-logo-1470142286-800.jpg

Is AJ Styles fired or heading to WrestleMania to face Shane McMahon?
    Last Tuesday, after blaming Shane McMahon for having to “jump through hoops” in pursuit of a WWE Championship Match at WrestleMania, AJ Styles ambushed the SmackDown LIVE Commissioner and hurled him through a car window.

As a result, SmackDown LIVE General Manager Daniel Bryan fired The Phenomenal One and kicked him out of the building. However, as the blue brand was about to conclude, a battered Shane-O-Mac emerged to make the emphatic statement, “AJ Styles says he doesn’t have an opponent at WrestleMania … he does now.”

American Alpha to defend the SmackDown Tag Team Titles against The Usos tonight
    SmackDown Tag Team Champions American Alpha are “Ready, Willing and Gable” to take on all comers.

However last week, with only three episodes of SmackDown LIVE left before The Ultimate Thrill Ride, The Usos scored a huge non-title over Chad Gable & Jason Jordan. As a result, WWE.com has learned that American Alpha will defend their titles against Jimmy & Jey tonight on SmackDown LIVE!

Will John Cena and Nikki Bella or The Miz and Maryse emerge as SmackDown LIVE’s A-List couple?
    Last week, John Cena & Nikki Bella challenged The Miz & Maryse to a Mixed Tag Team Match at The Showcase of the Immortals, but who will prove they are the true A-list couple of the blue brand? And one week after scrambling into the crowd to avoid a confrontation, will Miz and his dangerous bride attempt to regain some momentum just two weeks before The Ultimate Thrill Ride?

Who will survive the mind games en route to The Ultimate Thrill Ride?
    Randy Orton may have burned down The Wyatt Family Compound, but WWE Champion Bray Wyatt has apparently returned more powerful than ever after being baptized in the ashes of Sister Abigail. But, as The New Face of Fear and The Viper prepare to engage at WrestleMania, who will win the war of intimidation between these two absolute masters of psychological warfare?

What will happen when Ambrose & Corbin clash again?
    Baron Corbin injured Dean Ambrose in a Forklift assault two weeks ago and sent him out on a stretcher. The Lone Wolf appears to be on the hunt for The Lunatic Fringe’s Intercontinental Championship and to destroy his adversary permanently. Ambrose is never one to back down from a fight and will most certainly return to get retribution, so is SmackDown LIVE prepared for the all-out destruction that will occur when these two Superstars brawl again?

Sky Sports 5 @ midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My favourite part of that preview was when they said The Ultimate Thrill-Ride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Can I still cling to the fact Shane hasn't said who AJ is facing at Mania?

All he said was he has an opponent now, who knows who it could be?

Omackeral wrote: »
    My favourite part of that preview was when they said The Ultimate Thrill-Ride.

Mania will be the opposite, and curse The New Day for using the phrase, now we've got to listen to it until Mania & the RAW & Smackdown afterwards.
    Can I still cling to the fact Shane hasn't said who AJ is facing at Mania?

All he said was he has an opponent now, who knows who it could be?

I'm still clinging, it's probably too much to hope Shane O'Mac announce
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    as AJ's opponent for Mania.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm still clinging, it's probably too much to hope Shane O'Mac announce
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    as AJ's opponent for Mania.

I'm just hoping that all the rumours of Shane O Mac facing AJ was a red herring for his real opponent, ie the one you just named

Random though just now, but did Roman ever get any stick for knocking Shane loopy at Survivor Series?

I'm just hoping that all the rumours of Shane O Mac facing AJ was a red herring for his real opponent, ie the one you just named

Random though just now, but did Roman ever get any stick for knocking Shane loopy at Survivor Series?

Here's hoping, though keep it under wraps until Mania, don't blow the surprise 2 weeks out from Mania.. I want at least one surprise/HOLY **** moment this year..

That said it'll probably happen on RAW the next night when the crowd is usually at it's hottest/smarkiest.

Here's hoping, though keep it under wraps until Mania, don't blow the surprise 2 weeks out from Mania.. I want at least one surprise/HOLY **** moment this year..

That said it'll probably happen on RAW the next night when the crowd is usually at it's hottest/smarkiest.

Since the introduction of
    Nakamura
    would only really appeal to the more hardcore fans leaving his reveal until Mania would actually work really well
    Unless he'd cause a bigger buyrate in Japan maybe if announced?

At this stage Finn Balor has to be a shoe in to return on the Raw after Mania, can't see anyone else big coming

Shane is attacked backstage at mania by someone (Gallows and Anderson etc) and Shinsuke/Finn Balor replaces him in the match vs Styles, the place would explode

Something major will hopefully happen the Raw after mania

didnt Vince say he had something major planned for Mania that the fans will love a few months ago ???

Since the introduction of
    Nakamura
    would only really appeal to the more hardcore fans leaving his reveal until Mania would actually work really well
    Unless he'd cause a bigger buyrate in Japan maybe if announced?

At this stage Finn Balor has to be a shoe in to return on the Raw after Mania, can't see anyone else big coming

That's the tricky part WWE have to figure out, someone's probably thought of this and worked it out already in anticipation of such a conundrum..

There's usually a few surprises the RAW post Mania, Finn I'd imagine is nailed down to be one of those.

didnt Vince say he had something major planned for Mania that the fans will love a few months ago ???

It was also said they wanted a main event to rival Omega v Odaka a few months ago, so who knows what the hell is going on

Shane is attacked backstage at mania by someone (Gallows and Anderson etc) and
    Shinsuke
    /Finn Balor replaces him in the match vs Styles, the place would explode

Something major will hopefully happen the Raw after mania

Spoiler tagged cause speculation/not wanting to ruin a surprise for those who'd be watching.

• Advertisement

It was also said they wanted a main event to rival Omega v Odaka a few months ago, so who knows what the hell is going on

The only thing that could rival Omega/Okada will be Katsuyori Shibata/Kazuchika Okada @ Genesis 2017..

WWE ain't no where close to matching them

Advertisement