Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

no bread, no water, just meat. Brock Lesnar

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Appearance from the Creed Brothers as well. Wonder where they'll end up and when.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I didn't understand at the start why the guys from NXT were their but then realised it was in Orlando.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Interesting

Wonder will it a stable crossing both/All brands

They fecked up the Hurt Business the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 86,379 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Reigns titles on the line also at Summerslam against Jey or just being Tribal Chef Head in their Tribal Combat match that no Anoa'i family can be involved, interfere

• Advertisement

Both championship and Tribal Chief on the line.

Another loss for Waller

LA Knight for Summerslam Battle Royal

Rey legit injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Not sure that opening promo did much for me, did love the beatdown at the end though. Can't see Jey winning and starting to wonder where this story goes without getting a bit repetitive if this is the family imploding.

Funnily enough if LA Knight had won the invitational he wouldn't have been on Summerslam so maybe the Battle Royal was the right call. Shame how the finals ended, could have been a big moment for Santos and hopefully Rey is okay, seemed legit enough. It looks like he walloped his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

Dean Malenko

Whatever happened seemed to be early in the match from the amount of time he was on the mat, then they either decided to use the suicide dive to end the match, or they just realised it was too much.

Funny that LA Knight gets compared to Austin and The Rock and he finished his match with variations of both of their moves. If any doubt that his promos aren't scripted, I don't think calling B-Fabb horny would've been scripted.

Not a fan of tag champs being used as part of a feud between singles stars.

• Advertisement

The women's tag titles are just pointless, having the new champs lose was a stupid idea

Hard to believe the Bloodline stuff is almost 3 years old

Tonight

Jey vs. Solo

LA Knight vs. Sheamus

Sharp dressed Street Prophets and Bobby

Not the most memorable smackdown especially the go home show for SummerSlam

Agree, think it's because most of the better storylines for Summerslam are on Raw imo. The stories have been pretty well built so they didn't really have much else they could do, especially since Roman wasn't there.

They built the Battle Royale a bit at least, which has serious talent in it. Be nice if it meant something though, like a US/IC title shot. I did like the packages for the women's match too. Not sure where the Shotzi/Bayley story is going or if I'm into it yet but The Street Profits with Lashley could show promise, if they're going heel though they audience was loving it.

The biggest stakes for Roman Reigns and he doesn't even appear on the go home show. I'm still not sure of the rules of Tribal Combat. Just another themed No DQ match?

Shotzi using the loudest clippers ever. They can't do a hair vs hair match so unless it's hair vs something else.

Iyo wasn't impressed with Bayley talking for her. Poor Iyo had to be helped into the chair due to the height, which is kinda funny for the Empress of the Sky. Then she lost her match. Don't think the cash in will be tomorrow. Too many factors in a triple threat

Was it Bobby's home town, with the reaction he got?

Since both Knight and Sheamus seemed genuinely wrecked, I'm wondering was the fall from the top rope intentional since it then led to the brawl.

Wade and Cole will be commentator on raw after next week. Cole will also be on smackdown but will have Kevin and Graves with him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Someone likes Kevin Patrick, cause he's been **** turgid on commentary, Cole has dragged a few lads up a notch since he was let off the Vince leash.

• Advertisement

Will Jimmy acknowledge tribal chef Roman again?

Roman has an injury but is scheduled for this week's Smackdown

I would think Jimmy vs. Jey would be a big Wrestlemania match but how they keep their feud going strong until then, one taking time out "injured", after Payback ppv match? Jimmy has never really been build or seen imho as a singles star unlike Jey

If they want to keep the bloodline thing kinda fresh they should have Jimmy on his own without standing by Reigns. He could say he didnt do it for Reigns blah blah.

Also if they are planning on Reigns vs Cody at WM we are sadly in for 6 months of Reigns up against random challengers with 0 change of winning.

Jey "out" until the rumble?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Reigns isn't advertised on any PLE for the rest of the year apparently. Remember that time they used to strip the title for 30 days of inactivity 😂

"Roll it there, Róisín"

Not sure if it was the crowd in general but that Edge segment seemed pretty quiet. Think people are getting fed up now of his returns.

Karrion lost a match in a feud? I'm shocked!

How to bury a title in a few seconds: Talking about how Iyo Sky (former NXT women's champion for nearly a year) just won her first major singles championship.

Not sure if they need to widen the camera shot for the commentators and/or get a bigger table, but Cole looked uncomfortable being on the end.

Was that Kenny Dykstra holding Rey back from Theory outside the trainer's room?

Speaking of, wonder why they decided to take the title off Theory now or give it to Rey. Setting up a feud between Rey and Santos/LWO? Wonder where Zelina was.

Wouldn't think Dakota was injured, looking at her.

Strange way for Jey to go out. Just saying to the camera which isn't always guaranteed to pick up the audio, even with Cole repeating it. Don't think Jimmy can carry that story on his own considering how he came across last night.

So what next for Roman?

Yeah not sure what the Jey thing is about, there was a suggestion going around that Rikishi was going to special guest referee a match (presumably between the Usos) at Payback. Worried that they're just writing him off so they can kill time to have the feud closer to Mania which would be so damn lazy.

Rey winning is good for the title, as the US title has been totally forgotten about since Austin Theory got it, at least there's a story now. Booking is confusing as hell though, why did Santos win the tournament at all? Guessing a feud between the two is brewing.

The Edge/Sheamus segment was weird alright, they didn't really play to the crowd which didn't help the reaction, could be a good match though.

Karrion looked rough in that match with AJ, not sure he meant to sandbag him but he certainly did.

Smackdown has slipped for me, Raw is superior at the moment.

So will it be heel Santos facing Rey or Dom to unite titles?

They've moved Jey to the alumni section of the roster page, Yea I'd say a return at the rumble to help Jimmy get eliminated?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

They should have Jey appear at a few indie feds in the meantime too

Advertisement