Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Shane is attacked backstage at mania by someone (Gallows and Anderson etc) and Shinsuke/Finn Balor replaces him in the match vs Styles, the place would explode

Something major will hopefully happen the Raw after mania

didnt Vince say he had something major planned for Mania that the fans will love a few months ago ???

Roman to beat Taker then go on and win the Universal Championship.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Didn't Vince say he had something major planned for Mania that the fans will love a few months ago???

That was Joe vs Cena...SIGH! At least Nikki's happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cena vs Fandango

Cena has really gone down the rankings

Shane McMahon going to be late again and Styles is waiting outside in the parking lot for him. The sensible thing too do is have security out there to Meet Shane when he arrives or have styles surrounded by security at all times ??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Remember when Tyler Breeze was fighting for the NXT Title in an awesome fatal 4 way? Now he's crossdressing and getting speared by Nikki Bella.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That was awesome

Shane vs styles will be a good match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Anyone else feel that the end of last nights show was a carbon copy of this time last year when Shane and the Undertaker first went at it? Shane throws a few sh1tty punches, then hits him with the monitor and then finished it of with an elbow of the top rope through the table (and Im pretty sure he fell short on both attempts!!)

Maryse should stay dressed as Nikki Bella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

J. Marston wrote: »
    Maryse should stay dressed as Nikki Bella.

Yuup she looked fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

phatkev wrote: »
    Anyone else feel that the end of last nights show was a carbon copy of this time last year when Shane and the Undertaker first went at it? Shane throws a few sh1tty punches, then hits him with the monitor and then finished it of with an elbow of the top rope through the table (and Im pretty sure he fell short on both attempts!!)

My exact thoughts when I seen it

Here's hoping the match at Mania isn't hugely long or competitive, it doesn't need to go any longer than 10 minutes with how much else is on the card, just give AJ the win he's going to get and move on from all this

WWE putting Shane against AJ shows how much they value him, and that's fantastic in one sense, but all the other potential opponents who'd we'd much rather see him against makes this a waste of AJ can do

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maryse is Awesome.

• Advertisement

Maryse filled the role of Nikki well. I didn't watch talking Smack. What was the reaction from Cena and Nikki?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Why wasn't Mojo Rawley on the show? seemed odd given they have been mentioning his friendship with that Gronkowski fellah since he was called up and the one show when they actually have Gronk in the crowd and show him, no MoJo.

Also 2 weeks in a row of No Mauro

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Why wasn't Mojo Rawley on the show? seemed odd given they have been mentioning his friendship with that Gronkowski fellah since he was called up and the one show when they actually have Gronk in the crowd and show him, no MoJo.

Also 2 weeks in a row of No Mauro

Mauro is out, suffers with depression a lot.

Meant to say as well, what was the point of Alpha dropping the titles this close to Mania. Maybe if they actually had some tag team related bits outside of the matches, it would be more interesting. instead we just get yet another Usos/Alphas match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Meant to say as well, what was the point of Alpha dropping the titles this close to Mania. Maybe if they actually had some tag team related bits outside of the matches, it would be more interesting. instead we just get yet another Usos/Alphas match

My guess is it was originally meant to be a Mania match but they realised they wouldn't have time or there wasn't enugh heat, so shifted it to this show.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was practically the go home for Smackdown, right? Smackdown tends to just be an "Axcess" show the week before Mania, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    My guess is it was originally meant to be a Mania match but they realised they wouldn't have time or there wasn't enugh heat, so shifted it to this show.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was practically the go home for Smackdown, right? Smackdown tends to just be an "Axcess" show the week before Mania, isn't it?

Not this year, matches are already announced for next week sure. Harper v Bray seems to at least have significance to the Orton v Wyatt build

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lord TSC wrote: »

Don't think that type of show will wash anymore with SD being live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm late to the party being a couple of days late, but the miz and Maryse video taking off cena and Nikki was brilliant. Maryse looked good with the dark hair and miz is just gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I think they've royally f*cked up American Alpha since their debut. There's no reason to cheer or like them. Usos were audibly cheered when they went over. AA have had no development or character since landing on the main roster. Really think they should've chased the Usos to Mania with a pay off on the Grandstage. At this rate, they'll be lucky to make the pre-show.

I hope Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin is a No DQ match, they could really do with a good gimmick bout, especially Dean after last year's Lesnar let down.

I hope Harper and Rowan make a shenanigans run in during the Wyatt vs Orton match but on opposing sides. It sucks for Luke not be on the card but if he has a bit in that match, it'll be worth it. I'd hate to see him in the Battle Royal

I remember AA winning the NXT tag titles and the reaction from both fans and the guys themselves, with Jordan in tears. They won the Smackdown tag titles and it was barely noticed. Sure I keep forgetting who the other teams are outside the Usos.
    Say what you want about Raw but at least on Raw we see the tag teams get some time on the mic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

AA were hugely over in NXT because people actually got to see their formation and development and it was great.

Did they they even get any sort of video package or anything on their SD debut? Any trace of their journey at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

AA were hugely over in NXT because people actually got to see their formation and development and it was great.

Did they they even get any sort of video package or anything on their SD debut? Any trace of their journey at all?

Nope, they were just drafted and we were told they were good. Anyone who's never seen them in NXT won't have a clue of their awkward bromance and jocular personalities, they're just two good mat wrestlers really. It's a shame because they are great wrestlers but they've a great dynamic personality wise too.

Elsewhere on SD's tag scene, Vaudevillains are nothing now. Absolute jobbers. Ascension were buried upon arrival. Both of those were NXT Tag Champions. Sad. I thought Ascension were gonna be built back up in the latest tag team turmoil as there was a hint at it but there's been nothing since. I reckon Breezango could get over though in all honesty! I personally find them a riot. Heel Usos are refreshing. Hype Bros I never really cared for. I'd rather Hawkins in the mix with them maybe. Rhyno and Slater, maybe they've run their course?

I'd say that's why Revival or DIY could move up to SD.

Raw have a few teams who get regular screentime in and out of the ring with Cesaro/Sheamus, Gallows/Anderson, Enzo/Cass and New Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd imagine they won the titles because a face tag team are coming into the Smackdown title picture at Mania.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I hope it's the Surfer Dudes with Attitudes.

Miz and Maryse are the infinitely more likeable couple in this feud. They're hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

In all fairness Cena can work a crowd. Didn't he'd get cheers after those skits.
    It's a shame Miz doesn't have a security guard/bigman that can blindside Cena in situations like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

How is Cena a role model? He shouldn't talk to a lady like that.

764dak wrote:
    How is Cena a role model? He shouldn't talk to a lady like that.

Please tell me you are joking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

"Nikki, my darling light of my life"
    "That's the wrong card you idiot"
    The Miz should get a 6 month WWE title run for these skits alone.

Advertisement