Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

God, the Bloodline misses Roman so much. Sikoa's spot is standing in the background looking menacing, he just isn't the main guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,240 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jade taking on Indi tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Yeah it's really hit a lull...needs some life as Solo is not that guy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I find it pointless how B-Fab comes out with the Street Profits when they do a run in. With the shoes she wears, she's usually only making it to the ring by the time the fight is over and they cut to commercial. And not like she does anything. At least it made some sense when she had to fight Scarlett.

I really think they just swapped out Isla Dawn for another person since she looks so different, especially with her face matching her hair. It's like she's gone from being a Scottish Witch to an imitation of Tiffany Stratton.

Wonder if the Jade match was changed to a tag match to help Jade or just to build the title match.

That loading dock security looked a bit poor with the metal detector at the side of a huge space.

Had to laugh at Nick saying about him being down a match considering he didn't even have a main event before the show started.

Knight just saying that Logan was playing Tetris caught Nick off guard. Could barely stop himself.

Careful, Nia, floor slippery when wet. I am liking they're giving Mia more to do these days.

Thought they were going to just have Chelsea do all the talking so was good to hear Piper talk.

So when can we expect the new group to debut? All at once or the occasional interference instead of the current glitches, blank screen video?

I got Baby Reindeer vibes from Piper ☺😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think the reason I can't get behind solo is because they didn't do much to elevate his character that much before WrestleMania so when it came to him taking over the bloodline I felt meh about it and still do. Once again Heyman is carrying it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Exactly this. They did nothing to elevate Solo. They should have had him go completely unhinged looking to avenge Roman’s defeat. Become an unstoppable monster again after mania similar to how they’re building Bron.

Have Heyman show concerns that he can’t keep Solo under control and then introduce new Bloodline members.

Another issue is we know where we’re going with this storyline but it’s taking far too long to get there with no Roman or Rock involved so they have no immediate direction for it and it’s obvious it’s just spinning the wheels. Similar to Cody’s title run.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Crowd fairly dead apparently

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It would make sense to segue into Romans return around SummerSlam time.

So this new group due to debut on Raw going by the countdown that showed up on Smackdown?

Do we know are the Wyatt Six Raw only or will they show on both shows? I seem to remember the glitches were acknowledged more on Smackdown.

Phew. That's reassuring. Good to know security will keep them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

Smackdown was a banger.

I know some people probably hoped Drew would go away for a while but tbh I always expected he'd wreck Punk in Chicago the same way Punk wrecked him in his home town. It just made more sense. Violent looking attack too, was an awesome segment. Definitely seems like Punk might not be cleared (that fall on the ramp looked rough in that case) considering they did his attack off screen or maybe they want to just keep this going till Summerslam. Either way this feud is amazing.

I really liked all the winners of the MITB matches, bit of a shock but think they're giving people a chance to shine and get elevated by being in the match, exactly what MITB should do.

Jacob Fatu! Holy christ did they make him look a monster. He took out three main eventers with ease and violently. They played this so well. I think Solo is settling into his role a bit better, Fatu can basically be what Solo was meant to be. Guessing this is it for the New Bloodline. Maybe Hikuleo will join Roman's side when he returns. My only concern with this storyline is that, what do you do with all these guys after the Bloodline story ends but that could be a long time away yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I still think it makes more sense to have hikuleo join his half brother's in bloodline 2.0 especially considering they've trademarked "talla Tonga" ...just make them an unstoppable force for months

Roman and the Uso's could recruit Juicy Finau and Lance Anoa’i or even Zilla (might be too green yet)

Think Nick should've explained to his extra security that they should also be on the lookout for other unauthorised people and not just the Wyatts, considering Punk got attacked by Drew and Jacob Fatu got in.

So how many people actually know Jacob Fatu? I've only heard his name and maybe saw a bit of him in action somewhere. Same with Tama Tonga. All those other people you're mentioning, I have no idea. I think bringing too many in will be a bad idea unless there are long term plans. Like I expect at some point the Tongas will go for the titles. I did like how Heyman couldn't give a crap when Solo and co were getting beat down, while you would see him reacting if it was Roman there.

I'm liking how the MitB matches are shaping up.

Going by Raw and Smackdown, they're back to being PG-13 with the blood being used. As HHH has said, he tries to only use it when it can be impactful.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Main parts aside re: Punk, Bloodline etc the MITB winners were really refreshing to see. Actually a little surprised at the level of pop Green got in particular when she won but her character work the past year has been exceptional in fairness to her. Rooting for her or Tiffany to win MITB. The fake out cash ins with Green could be quality for a few months at least!

Kross tweeted about Fatus arrival too, he was booked ridiculously strong for a debut in fairness

https://x.com/realKILLERkross/status/1804333312812470705?t=ycWJF6ARzv3NAr1ollLxHg&s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,252 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Solo's best show for a while. I believed his character for a change.

But Jacob Fatu was absolutely needed and has given the story the injection it badly needed.

Banger episode.

For me Punk vs. Drew should headline Summerslam, a feud no one expected but has been a cracker

I really like Nick as GM

Is Nia going to be Tiffany's "Diesel" 😁

Is it a bad sign they don't have enough faith in Nia and/or Bayley's promos to think they can start building for their match at Summerslam? Same for Gunther on Raw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

After so many backstage attacks going back to Rock on Cody then more recently Breaker attack on Ricochet, the Wyatt group (which was done so differently), I was very impressed with how they did the Drew attack on Punk. It managed to stand out and stand alone when it could easily have just been, oh another backstage beat down.

I actually felt for Heyman asking Punk to take him, he can sell a story, his conflicted scared emotion

Agreed with Drew Punk headlining Summerslam it’s the best feud in wrestling at the moment.

Great Smackdown hell of a week for WWE.

Rollins return unadvertised or spoiled. The Wyatt 6 debut was great.

Joe Hendry on NXT.

Jacob Fatu debut was brilliant and Drew’s attack on punk was so well done too. Solos acting has massively improved lately as well. Bloodline storyline picking up again.

WWE finding momentum they all but lost after Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is Jacob Fatu Umagas son (RIP)?

If so you can see the similarities

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No he is his nephew.

Jacob’s father was The Tonga Kid who wrestled in the WWF in the 80’s.

• Advertisement

Yes definitely felt similar to Umaga also

What a debut for Jacob taking out KO, Orton and Cody and Corey and Wade really build him up in commentary plus Tonga brothers looked shocked and maybe scared, good storytelling

As said by others, Solo seemed most comfortable on the mic now, his best time as new Tribal Chief Bloodline leader

Has Rikishi another son left to debut?

Advertisement