Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tamina , Shining Stars and Jinder to SD :pac::pac::pac: .

The tag team division is fairly woeful on SD even with the addition of the New Day. Hoping they save someone big for end of SD tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Kevin Owens must have thought it was the superstar shave up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sky88 wrote: »
    I'm thinking there going to finish bray/Orton like there doing with jericho/owens and aj moves onto Orton

This better be the plan

Styles was screwed out the title match for Mania, beat Shane at Mania, you'd think that means he moves back into the title scene

He seems to have turned face too, going on this week especially, but I hope he doesn't change character too much, little things like "no offence Sami Zayn" annoy me if he's the cocky jock who's the best and knows it, keep him the way he was just don't have him cheat and he's grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

In terms of the women's division I think when they called out the all the (4) women that pretty much confirmed they will just let Eva Marie's contract run down as there is nothing wrong with her she just hasn't been seen since she was suspended for violating the wellness policy in August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So are all the Lana fans still with us after she got her own video?

Guess New Day are getting a break until Kofi recovers.

Shining Stars seemed different. Looks like they're being repackaged again.

And aiden back to his NXT singing

• Advertisement

I wonder where Tamina will fit into the picture will they give her a push for the championship (I would doubt it but there is only 6 of them) or will she only really take place in non championship matches
    The crowd didn't really seem interested in her - it could be because they were expecting Charlotte but I guess we'll see

Yeah announcing someone different than they were expecting isn't a good idea. Rather abrupt appearance for Charlotte as well.
    So if Jericho wins the title, he goes to Smackdown and KO goes back to Raw? Is it the same for the WWE title match?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah announcing someone different than they were expecting isn't a good idea. Rather abrupt appearance for Charlotte as well.
    So if Jericho wins the title, he goes to Smackdown and KO goes back to Raw? Is it the same for the WWE title match?

I say it will be yeah with the championships staying on Smackdown and then the winner will be on that show - although I have a feeling they will keep the belts on the champions as are as isn't Jericho leaving soon and they seem to be setting Bray up to feud with Finn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i love the rusev move to smackdown hopefully he gets the push he deserves. love to see him and AJ in a feud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Looking forward to KO Zayn feud/match number 1000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

sky88 wrote: »
    i love the rusev move to smackdown hopefully he gets the push he deserves. love to see him and AJ in a feud.

I just want Rusev on Talking Smack.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Apparently the main event tonight is Mojo v Jinder v Rowan v Harper v Ziggler v Zayn in a six pack challenge for the #1 contendership for the WWE Championship. at least according to Reddit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mojo the goat to win it and become the new wwe champion of the world

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Come on Luke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Apparently the main event tonight is Mojo v Jinder v Rowan v Harper v Ziggler v Zayn in a six pack challenge for the #1 contendership for the WWE Championship. at least according to Reddit.

Meanwhile AJ Styles is going for the US Title :pac:

AJ vs Owens should be a great feud.

And I'm hoping Zayn wins too; his entire character is about getting a chance he never got on Raw, and Orton vs Zayn would play into that brilliantly, even if Orton beats him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

And why isn't Nakamura involved?

And why isn't Nakamura involved?

My guess is to protect him. He's not getting a title match that quick, so no point putting him in a match he has to lose. They probably don't want his debut on Smackdown to be with 5 other guys either; my guess is he gets to murder someone in a singles squash this week instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My guess is to protect him. He's not getting a title match that quick, so no point putting him in a match he has to lose. They probably don't want his debut on Smackdown to be with 5 other guys either; my guess is he gets to murder someone in a singles squash this week instead.

Jindar Mahel perhaps

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jindar Mahel perhaps

Is in the main event already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is in the main event already.

forgot about that

maybe Aiden English or Tyler Breeze then

That's a fairly shocking line up for a title match

That's a fairly shocking line up for a title match

My guess is Bryan or Shane will open the show, cutting a promo about "giving chances", and focus on people who haven't been in title matches all that much (though Ziggler mucks that up a bit). That they want to prove Smackdown is the "Land of Opportunity", so are giving the likes of Zayn, Jinder and Mojo a chance to prove that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I swear if this is all a rub to get Gronk somehow involved in a title match....

Kevin Owens will have a "Face of America Open Challange" tonight.

I doubt we will see or at least I hope we won't see Gronk there again tonight as preseason "voluntary" training has begun for the patriots I think although that doesn't necessarily mean anything

They can justify AJ not bieng in the main event by saying he's got the US title shot, but how can they justify Nakamura not bieng there. Or Corbin or Dillinger, who are 2 guys with more reason to be in the match than Jinder, since both have actually won matches

Jinder's gassed to the gills. That's why he's in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

sure isnt it the land of opportunity lads...

Advertisement