Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If Jinder is using, it has paid off. Since he got the new bod, he's been in matches with Finn and Roman (losing easily but commentators have been going out of their way to bill him as a threat), the last two in the Andre Battle Royal and now a multi man no.1 contenders match.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

According to PW Torch,
    Mike Bennett and Maria
    , an offer's been made, and both are expected to turn up on Smackdown Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Can't wait for the ott reactions on twitter when jinder or mojo wins tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have they cut back on Mojo's hype gimmick? Or maybe I just miss when it's mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    Have they cut back on Mojo's hype gimmick? Or maybe I just miss when it's mentioned

He cut this "can you feel it" promo a few weeks ago. Felt a bit bad for him watching it. Plus he's mates with some NFL player who wwe have the horn for. He ain't being pushed on ability anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ERG89 wrote: »
    He cut this "can you feel it" promo a few weeks ago. Felt a bit bad for him watching it. Plus he's mates with some NFL player who wwe have the horn for. He ain't being pushed on ability anyway.

The only place we'll see Mojo Rawley in 10 years time is in a Whatculture 10 wrestlers you totally forgot about list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I hope to God What Culture isn't around in 10 years.

I hope to God What Culture isn't around in 10 years.

Not a fan then?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Not a fan then?

Nah, not at all. They did a video where they were 'reacting' to the Final Deletion, and they all completely sh!t on it. Then all of a sudden they were marks for Broken Matt.

Pretty pathetic.

Also, they are about as funny as Brendan O'Connor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Also, they are about as funny as Brendan O'Connor

HARSH. but fair...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good product positiong in that office lol

This is a number 1 contenders match for the world title this ????

This should be for a number 1 contenders spot at the US title

It should be a dark match

It should be a dark match

The whole world title picture is a mess ATM and the sooner payback is over and Orton retains the better

Are WWE trolling us and Wyatt will win the title at payback and Lesner will join SD and bring the universal title with him ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And Smackdown has officially lost me. That's pathetic.

What ???

Guess we're getting a Indian stable are they the guys from NXT/205 live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bloody hell. Vince really loves a hard body.

Garbage, this company is just clueless

Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal, piss break match, and Orton won't even break sweat retaining his Championship.

Imagine, that's a main event now.

• Advertisement

Vince sure loves Big Men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jinders exceptional body mass and pythons are a sight to behold. Put the belt on him and watch the money roll in

So Nakamura get's a 90 second video this week, and Naomi get's a long in ring segment and a Main Event match.

Wish Vince would just retire already.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Is everyone starting to come to their senses and realising Smackdown is just as bad as Raw besides AJ and has been for a good while now? :p

To be honest Naks only getting a long video package is probably good for him in the long run. It shows they have big plans for him and want to make him a big attraction, no point in carting him out every week if they've nothing for him. The 6 pack challenge thing....Hinder Me Jinders it's exactly what was crap about the last draft happening all over again who would have thought. At least they're trying to create someone new in a glass half full perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

WM week; Jindar gets beat up by a NFL player.

Last week; Jinder knocks out Finn Balor, potentially puts one of the stars of WWE on the shelf for a long time on Raw; Jindar gets drafted to SD, and loses to Mojo, and gets beat up my NFL player.

This week, wins a No1 Contenders match for the WWE Title..

I just dont get WWE Logic sometimes. Think I'm done wit SD for awhile; not even AJ, KO or Nakamura can keep me entertained after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

daithi1989 wrote: »
    WM week; Jindar gets beat up by a NFL player.

Last week; Jinder knocks out Finn Balor, potentially puts one of the stars of WWE on the shelf for a long time on Raw; Jindar gets drafted to SD, and loses to Mojo, and gets beat up my NFL player.

This week, wins a No1 Contenders match for the WWE Title..

I just dont get WWE Logic sometimes. Think I'm done wit SD for awhile; not even AJ, KO or Nakamura can keep me entertained after that.

And at Backlash will get jobbed out to Randy Orton than you can say Oklahoma. Whoever won that match last night was only being set up as cannon fodder as a place holder feud until Payback and Backlash are over so they can get into planning for Summerslam and that's why I'm glad Zayn didn't win and gets a proper feud with whoever the champion is in time.

Also wouldn't surprise me that they are waiting for Rusev to come back to have him challenge Orton for the belt at Summerslam but wouldn't also surprise me to see Jinder win so they can cash in with making money from the fans in India.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Orton has been on shakey grounds as a baby face champion, getting some boos against Bray. My guess is they want to give him a filler feud against a heel who will definitely get booed against Orton, and there's not many of them on the roster. Marks and smarka alike hate Jinder, so when Orton beats him, they will be happy with the result. My guess then would be someone like Rusev attacks Orton and they move on from the Jinder feud.

The match will be a mid card feud. It's been positioned that way on the show, and I'd be shocked if it's not positioned that way on the PPV too. Styles vs Owens is the main event in every way.

Was definitely a weaker show. Smackdown is in a period of transition; their two top champs are in feuds with people on other shows, the women's feuds are having to be built from scratch, Nakamura will be huge but just arrived and needs time for the casual audience to know him. Tag division will come alive a bit when New Day comes in properly. But until that kicks in, there's sadly going to be a week or two of struggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Becky Lynch the only woman who wasn't on Smackdown Live! Tonight - is she injured or just wasn't used ?
    Also what was the whole Natalya, Tamina and Carmella thing they didn't do anything to Charlotte all they did was stare her out of it
    Also Charlotte moves from Raw women's championship straight to Smackdown women's championship - I thought they would've given her a break from the championship picture, I want to see Becky Lynch have a go at the title obviously I understand as a face they aren't going to put her up against Naoimi
    Wish Naoimi & Natalya would have been traded to raw or just not be used as much - especially Natalya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

This is like Bob Holly vs. Brock Lesnar from 2004. :pac:

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Jinders exceptional body mass and pythons are a sight to behold. Put the belt on him and watch the money roll in

111260a6aa7ee5c15e6991d81eb20d5c_in-defense-of-apple-owning-the-fry-meme-not-sure-if-sarcasm_552-414.jpeg

I sincerely hope it's the latter.

Advertisement