Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ah i see now why they gave Jinder the title shot and introduced the bollywood boys to the main roster

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwe-rumors-reason-jinder-mahal-given-wwe-championship-title-shot

smart thinking WWE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

kopite386 wrote: »
    Becky Lynch the only woman who wasn't on Smackdown Live! Tonight - is she injured or just wasn't used ?
    Also what was the whole Natalya, Tamina and Carmella thing they didn't do anything to Charlotte all they did was stare her out of it
    Also Charlotte moves from Raw women's championship straight to Smackdown women's championship - I thought they would've given her a break from the championship picture, I want to see Becky Lynch have a go at the title obviously I understand as a face they aren't going to put her up against Naoimi
    Wish Naoimi & Natalya would have been traded to raw or just not be used as much - especially Natalya

The women were God awful. Horrible acting, that embarrassing cut away where they were watching the match on tv by looking parallell to the tv and therefore no way they could possibly be seeing the screen. And the match being absolute crap.

They get such a pass sometimes despite the glaring flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

The women were God awful. Horrible acting, that embarrassing cut away where they were watching the match on tv by looking parallell to the tv and therefore no way they could possibly be seeing the screen. And the match being absolute crap.

They get such a pass sometimes despite the glaring flaws.

I agree it was just cringe worthy the whole debacle and the acting was just god awful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

kopite386 wrote: »
    I agree it was just cringe worthy the whole debacle and the acting was just god awful

(clears throat)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Would prefer Corbin to be getting the title shots. But since its Orton as champ I really don't care who he faces. The chap is beyond stale.

On he big plus side its great to see Corbin working with AJ. If he sorts his hair and learns to talk on he mic like he does on talking smack he will be great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I.AM.READING.A.SCRIPT

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's a pity now they didn't make a big deal out of Mahal concussioning Balor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

It's a pity now they didn't make a big deal out of Mahal concussioning Balor.

I'd hate to have seen that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Neil3030 wrote: »

It would serve to hurt Balor, and be counter productive in establishing as a top face.

Had balor needed time off, perhaps, but jinder would have zero to gain. He concussed a guy and still lost...... he'd look weaker rather than stronger in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Dont get me wrong, i see the problem with Jinder is that he goes from jobber to No1 Contender in a week. But Im going to give this a chance. Say what you want about the booking, but Jinder was getting decent heel heat.

Its fresh and Im all for that. Gimme Jinder vs Orton over Cena v Orton.

Its a nice midcard feud to keep Randy strong and keep other guys away from Randy. Guys like Corbin, Styles, Nakamura dont need to be there yet. Jinder may also get a rub from this and may grow from the feud as a result. Hes still only 30 after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I'm going to give the Jinder experiment a bit of time before commenting. I remember wondering what the hell were they thinking turning Bradshaw into JBL and he went on to be one of my favourite wrestlers of the mid 00s. (the character, not the person, the person seems to be scum)
    I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that we get an old school heel who can draw heat rather than cheers for being cooler than the face.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah I'd agree with the above. At least it's something fresh instead of rehashing old ground like they're doing on RAW with Miz and Ambrose. The more i think about it they should have held off on doing the trades until after Payback. Now all the titles (bar IC which is just a prop for Ambrose at the moment) are all over the place.

Even the commentators don't see Wyatt winning with them continually referring to the winner facing Orton at Backlash throughout the number one contender's match.

Main problem for me is i have no earthly desire to watch Orton as champ in 2017. He bores me to tears and has done for years at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can't wait till they bring back the Punjabi Prison matches for Jinder.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Neil3030 wrote: »

Exactly, piss off the internet fans and get some heat for Jinder :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I'm not a jinder by any means but I'm not too againist it, it's someone fresh who'll get heel heat easy. It's the foreign heel they love it's a no brained really.

Maybe I'm just hoping there trying to save some of the bigger matches for later in the summer.

I don't get the backlash againist him for hurting finn it was an accident these things happen. You hear a backlash againist itami for hurting dash wilder.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A couple comments here about this feud being a midcard feud. While it seems that way, do you think they will put the WWE title lower down the card than the midcard title?

So looks like the Shining Stars are officially renamed. And to show how good a job the WWE are doing with the tag division, I though the Colons had just beaten the tag champs. Completely forgot the titles changed hands.

And another Lana promo?

Can anyone explain how Naomi is so over?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

CastorTroy wrote:
    Can anyone explain how Naomi is so over?

Yeah i don't get it at all. Meh in the ring with a semi-decent entrance (i say semi-decent as I'm not pushed on it). Really annoyed me her winning the title in the first place. Hoping Charlotte beats her and holds the belt until they call up Asuka (Smackdown definitely needs an extra woman or two).

Wouldn't be against a Becky reign either but I'm not seeing that happen right now anyways.

Kevin Owens needs to let his beard grow. It's weird to say but he just looks fatter with it short :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Naomi is on Total Divas.

People on that show always get good spots on TV. Its one of the reasons Miz got a great run on Smackdown and why he will stay in a good spot on RAW (with Maryse).

It also makes them popular in demographics the show appeals to. It makes sense for them to have the womens division at least appeal to women.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    A couple comments here about this feud being a midcard feud. While it seems that way, do you think they will put the WWE title lower down the card than the midcard title?

Yeah. The last two weeks, AJ/Owens has been positioned as the main event. Iirc, two PpVs last year were headlined by the women's title over the main title, so they've shown the main title doesn't have to be the last match on the card. As it stands, I'd be surprised if AJ/Owens doesn't close the Backlash Ppv over Orton/Jinder.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah. The last two weeks, AJ/Owens has been positioned as the main event. Iirc, two PpVs last year were headlined by the women's title over the main title, so they've shown the main title doesn't have to be the last match on the card. As it stands, I'd be surprised if AJ/Owens doesn't close the Backlash Ppv over Orton/Jinder.

Especially considering the PPV is in Chicago that crowd could turn againist anyone especially that horrible cm punk chants they'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just thinking from the promos, is Lana now basically Lanalina?

Can't wait till they bring back the Punjabi Prison matches for Jinder.

The real question is will they have Orton burn down a mosque?

ERG89 wrote: »
    The real question is will they have Orton burn down a mosque?

well he is a trump supporter its possible.

something that i didnt remember untill i saw on twitter was that Jinder was in the final for the first NXT champion against rollins so they've always seen something in him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

ERG89 wrote: »
    Kevin Owens needs to let his beard grow. It's weird to say but he just looks fatter with it short :(

I thought he looked slimmer. :eek:

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I thought he looked slimmer. :eek:

Was going to say, he looked a lot slimmer overall imo during Smackdown. His gut seemed to have shrunk a little...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When will shinsuke actually have his first main roster ??

It's a bit like the Japanese guy in the video lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ebcsowtrU0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Every week I watch and think - The Miz would make this far more enjoyable for me.

https://streamable.com/gdt0u

iMsWY3O.png

Jinder has stolen the title, in case anyone was still confused as to whether or not it was on the line on Sunday. This means Orton can deal with Wyatt while keeping the title seperate.

**** me though. If you'd told me three weeks ago that Jinder Mahel would be pictured holding the WWE Title up on TV....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Looks like Rusev will be joining the title picture at MITB so I expect the Jinder affair to be short.

Advertisement