Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

So if the house of horrors match isn't for the title....when is Bray getting his rematch?

#WWELogic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jinder & Breezango no.1 contenders for backlash. While WWE are giving someone new a chance I can't help but feel they are thinking f*ck it, the event is free on the network anyway so why try too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Heard people cheering when Rusev said he would go back to Bulgaria. He should've added that Lana would be going with him to see if their reactions changed.

So Charlotte face turn? Unlikely but strange way to do what they did

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I wonder if Becky will turn heel and join that faction. Notable that she didn't run in for the save last night. She could be a great heel, imo, and has said in the past that it's her preferred way to work. She is also stagnating a little bit as a babyface at the moment, so this could be a great move for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure aren't Naomi and Becky the only faces on SD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

So if the house of horrors match isn't for the title....when is Bray getting his rematch?

#WWELogic

You could explain it away by saying he's on a new brand

But Jericho is getting his title rematch and will be moving if he wins

I seriously hate this lack of thought and continuity that WWE does so much, it's so insulting to the regular viewers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sure aren't Naomi and Becky the only faces on SD?

Unless Charlotte turns, in which case you'd have a shortage of heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I wonder if Becky will turn heel and join that faction. Notable that she didn't run in for the save last night. She could be a great heel, imo, and has said in the past that it's her preferred way to work. She is also stagnating a little bit as a babyface at the moment, so this could be a great move for her.

She said on talking smack that she won't be joining the faction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/gdt0u

iMsWY3O.png

Jinder has stolen the title, in case anyone was still confused as to whether or not it was on the line on Sunday. This means Orton can deal with Wyatt while keeping the title seperate.

**** me though. If you'd told me three weeks ago that Jinder Mahel would be pictured holding the WWE Title up on TV....
    Fair ****s to him, he got in incredible shape and is in incredible shape. If heath slater can get rewards for his 3mb stuff and mcintyre can be taken seriously again why not Jinder I say.

I think with the right booking anyone can become a credible champion, thats why I wouldnt pay to much attention to superstars having to look strong.

I seen it mentioned in the raw thread that wwe may have backed themselves into a corner with Joe and Rollins as both need to look strong, but I dont think to much into it being a necessity. Look at Bray year after year he lost big fueds and then when he won the title everyone bought it cause he was booked right for a period of time.

I like that Jinder is getting a chance, its new, and its exactly what the draft is designed for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That's great.

I won't be watching. Reach for the brass needle and you'll get far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I don't mind the push. It did come out of know where though.
    I do like the way he speak a couple of languages .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder who's going to win the MITB match in June ???

If Styles doesn't win the us title than I'd like to see him win it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder who's going to win the MITB match in June ???

If Styles doesn't win the us title than I'd like to see him win it

Put me money on corbin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, Corbin would be my guess too. Or Owens.

I have a suspicion Corbyn is in line for the US title, and the current feud with Owens/AJ/Zayn is just to give the title a bit of prestige, before the Owens/AJ move into the world title picture and Corbyn and maybe Zayne feud over the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm tentatively hopping on the Jinder bandwagon. I do love when someone steals the title.

I know they want to make Nakamura a special attraction by not having him wrestle on every show but that Michael Jackson stuff they tried this week with Ziggler was brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ERG89 wrote: »
    I know they want to make Nakamura a special attraction by not having him wrestle on every show but that Michael Jackson stuff they tried this week with Ziggler was brutal.

That was awful, but that wasnt Nakamura who looked bad, Ziggler came off like a Michael Guineys verison of Miz. His material just stunk

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

latest?cb=20161007225741

Jericho and Owens square off in WWE Payback rematch for United States Title
    48 hours after winning the United States Championship from Kevin Owens at Payback, Chris Jericho defends his newly won title in a rematch, will Jericho retain, or will Kevin Owens once again become The Face Of America

Naomi & Charlotte try to break up the welcoming committee
    Since Charlotte’s SmackDown arrival in the Superstar Shake-up, many of the other members of Team Blue’s women’s division have expressed their frustration with The Queen’s rapid ascent to a title match against reigning SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi. Natalya, Carmella and Tamina took out those frustrations last week, interrupting a title match between Charlotte and Naomi and viciously attacking both Superstars, though most of their fury was directed toward the newcomer.

Opponents a week ago, Charlotte and Naomi are joining forces this week to take on Natalya and Carmella in tag team action. Will the “welcoming committee” continue their path of destruction, or will the SmackDown Women’s Champion and The Queen show why they’re worthy of the top spots?

Will Orton be looking for payback on Mahal?
    Speaking off payback, will Orton strike back at Mahal for his transgressions at Payback?

How will Breezango follow up on their huge victory?
    Newly minted #1 Contenders, Will they continue to be confident in the face of the ruthless Usos?

SKY SPORTS 5, 01:00

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Poor Jericho will be getting a bit of a tump tonite I'd say

• Advertisement

WWE.com confirms that Nakamura's debut will take place at Backlash in three weeks, though not named an opponent. You'd imagine Ziggler...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ziggler is now the jobber to the stars.

Ziggler is now the jobber to the stars.

Well he certainly ain't a comedian anyway! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

That was a great skit. They could get over.

"They walk backstage like they own the place"
    "Oh that's Jaywalking"
    "And Jimmywalking"

My sides...

Actually burst out laughing at that too. Best skit they've done in a while.

For anyone who didn't see it...

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/859583464311488512

"Chicago."

"The old Windy Apple."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The posters in the background are class Cena where abouts unknown and Nakamura, Strong style, No style.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea have to say the Breezango skit was brilliantly done

Thought the Becky swerve was great. Her new attire looks awesome too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

J. Marston wrote: »
    Thought the Becky swerve was great. Her new attire looks awesome too.

I agree I thought after they told her she was the first woman drafted to Smackdown she deserves the title chance and when she came out to the ring and shook Natalya's hand then Carmella's then Tamina's I thought she was joining them as I was waiting for her to ambush the first one but then when she threw James into them it was great haha

Advertisement