Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I only watched the first promo and then the main event but enjoyed both. I know Y2J is going MIA from WWE and appearing with Fozzy so knew he would loose however I thought it was well done. I felt that KO had that 'fan of Y2J' look on him when he won and first went back to attack Chris after leaving ring. Best way for Y2J to take a holiday from WWE. Sets up his return nicely if they decide to reference what happened here when he returns.

I will watch rest of show when I get a chance. This weather is playing havoc with my viewing schedule as is all these meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Just had a look through Fozzy's tour dates and their last tour date is 13 June in the UK suggesting he comes back straight after touring seeing as they start touring on Friday Jericho could be a 'surprise' participant in the money in the bank ladder match ?

EDIT - money in the bank is 18 June

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

kopite386 wrote: »
    Just had a look through Fozzy's tour dates and their last tour date is 13 June in the UK suggesting he comes back straight after touring seeing as they start touring on Friday Jericho could be a 'surprise' participant in the money in the bank ladder match ?

EDIT - money in the bank is 18 June

It's a wait and see with Jericho. He's also got his 4th book I think on the way as well, so between that and touring with Fozzy, he's gonna be kept busy, saw somewhere that'd be towards year end when he'd be back/sometime 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought Becky was made to look great in how she took everyone on.

Fashion Police were funny.

The Bollywood Brothers look tiny beside Jinder, but then looking at their heights, they're taller than me.

Think JBL needed to be more careful with what he said when he told Byron "I'd love to see you cry". Though I think he may have realised it because he trailed off.
    How could Y2J put Ronnie on the list?

So who were the ones backstage with Dolph? The woman looked familiar.

And a good point was brought up somewhere. Was Owens gonna stay on Smackdown anyway, whether he had the title or not? Would explain why he wasn't on Raw or why he wasnn't mentioned as coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Lana is now the new coming soon Emma!

I wonder will the new coming soon Lana have an all American Girl accent?

Juiced Jinder or not Juiced Jinder is great.

Also the Fashion Police was brilliant :)

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's a wait and see with Jericho. He's also got his 4th book I think on the way as well, so between that and touring with Fozzy, he's gonna be kept busy, saw somewhere that'd be towards year end when he'd be back/sometime 2018.

So more a 'surprise' return at Royal Rumble then at latest ? I didn't know how long he would be out but looking back I can see his hiatus normally lasts approx a year

Speeaking of Lana, what accent does she have on Total Divas?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »

Normal American accent.
    Juiced Jinder or not Juiced Jinder is great.

Juiced?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTpKx6vDOo9/

All natural, baby.

It's just her normal accent on Total Divas, I say they will probably keep her russian accent on Smackdown though as it's her character - I doubt they are going to do too much overhauling except for that she will wrestle

if she will be wrestling does that mean she won't be Rusev's valet anymore or what's the story

Strange since they reference Total Divas sometimes on the show that she has different accents.

Wonder how Smackdown ended up with the ones who were on the injury list. Like they got Rusev and New Day.

• Advertisement

Strange since they reference Total Divas sometimes on the show that she has different accents.

Wonder how Smackdown ended up with the ones who were on the injury list. Like they got Rusev and New Day.

I know yeah I noticed that as well maybe it's because raw is 3 hours so they need more superstars that aren't injured
    Or as AJ styles said on talking smack "Smackdown makes them Raw takes them" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Be grand, it's only Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Rowan's new finisher looks a bit crap. Always the least impressive of the Wyatt family, I wish WWE would do more with Harper though.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Not many posts here from last nights SD

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Not many posts here from last nights SD

It was another glorified house show really. Though the logic of, 'being from India makes you a bad guy' is keeping the Jinder story interesting at least!

Angron wrote: »
    Rowan's new finisher looks a bit crap. Always the least impressive of the Wyatt family, I wish WWE would do more with Harper though.

Well they already gave him Ambrose's ring gear.

Sami's character is just completely stale. He's simply the top jobber. Needs something to help him. Think it's one of those cases where a heel turn won;t work too well. Though he could surprise us

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Backlash go home show preview

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2017-05-16

Have a weird feeling jinher is going too win the world title at backlash and then lose it on SD to Orton the next Tuesday

Also a possibility Jinher and Co will be eliminated back down to the mid card after he loses at backlash and we never speak of the world title saga again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The hell is up with byron saxton's voice?

• Advertisement

A few months ago this would be a huge shocker but it still is now

Jinder Mahal Has Beat AJ Styles!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A few months ago this would be a huge shocker but it still is now

Jinder Mahal Has Beat AJ Styles!!!

Really hope jinder wins the title on sunday. Jasus never thought id write that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Remember when Smackdown was great, before Road Dogg started writing it? AJ was the best thing in the company, I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Now he's losing clean to Jinder Mahal.

I'm done with WWE now. NJPW World is my future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

He didn't lose clean. Owens hit him in the knee with the belt that made him look stupid to sell.
    The match was poor though as Mahal is not exactly gifted in ring.
    I wonder when they had Jinder lose to Mojo in 2 minutes & had Breeze dress up as Nikki Bella were they planning on them getting title shots on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Planning? In WWE?

What I find funny is out of the 3 members of 3MB, the 2 that were released seem to be getting more world title shots than the one who was kept. Jinder on SD and Drew on NXT, likely to get on the main roster as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Remember when Smackdown was great, before Road Dogg started writing it? AJ was the best thing in the company, I wouldn't miss it for anything.

I'm done with WWE now. NJPW World is my future.

When did Road Dogg take over writing duties?

I just watched the latest episode and it was terrible. A really long womens contract signing that went nowhere and a boring main event.

I can't take Mahal seriously at all as he came out of nothing. Had they built him up by giving him a streak I might have. He seemed to go from jobbing to main event overnight.

It is a good thing they are trying someone new but poorly thought out as usual.Beating AJ clean had me bamboozled. A guy who is amazing, just fed to Mahal to try to raise interest in a PPV.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It is a good thing they are trying someone new but poorly thought out as usual.Beating AJ clean had me bamboozled. A guy who is amazing, just fed to Mahal to try to raise interest in a PPV.

He didn't beat AJ clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Loughc wrote: »
    He didn't beat AJ clean.

yes my mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Will AJ be hurt by the loss? No, he will be grand. Its in WWEs usual post WM lull, better now than at big event down the road

Jinder gaining a win and Owens gaining some heat is the right move. The outrage isnt fair

Advertisement