Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id actually kinda like Jinder to win the title but not keep if for that long maybe a few weeks till the next ppv

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id actually kinda like Jinder to win the title but not keep if for that long maybe a few weeks till the next ppv

I want new guys to go up, and Jinder looks to me like a Vince move.

Angry Forgeiner
    Great muscular physique.

My problem with jinder is that hes not great in the ring. Hes fine but he has never blow me away as a performer. Hes fairly ok on the mic, but his promos are disgruntled evil non american 101. I dont want Jinder to win. He should not be at the top of the card. The one thing Jinder may be able to do, is become a heel who can actually get heat, but hes so wooden and bland in his promos I doubt that.

That said, Im done with Orton. The initial feud with Wyatt and himself and tag team was good but since Orton turned on Bray, its been on a downward sprial to sh!tsville. It went from bad, to worse and Orton lost a lot of credibility as a character as a result.

Id love to see Rusev in the Jinder role, its a pity he got injured. Hes a million times more better than Jinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If this push out of nowhere goes the same as most of the previous ones, Jinder will lose a 10-12 minute match with Orton for the title, they'll mention how impressive he was on Smackdown two days later, he'll enter a feud with another guy relatively high on the card and be absolutely buried, we'll all forget that he was ever in the title picture at any point and Vince will move on to the next guy, probably giving Jinder a new (and likely stereotypical) gimmick such as a tough slumlord or a privileged gynaecologist.

That's WWE in a nutshell tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Slumlord Majhal - I would pay to see that. Jinder in vignettes similar to Ted DiBiases initial ones would be fantastic. Him walking on peasants, paying kids to lick his boots, evicting poor families from run down shacks, yes to it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

latest?cb=20161007225741

The era of The Maharaja Jinder Mahal is underway.

WWE Champion Jinder Mahal to throw Punjabi Celebration
    Jinder Mahal stunned the WWE Universe on Sunday when he defeated Randy Orton to become the WWE Champion at WWE Backlash. Now that he’s achieved his goal, there’s only one thing left for “The Modern-Day Maharaja” to do: celebrate.

WWE.com has learned that Mahal is planning to throw a massive Punjabi Celebration on SmackDown LIVE. Exactly what that entails remains to be seen, but you can be sure that Mahal will spare no expense in celebrating his historic achievement.

SmackDown LIVE Women clash in tag team battle following WWE Backlash melee
    The “welcoming committee” walked out of WWE Backlash victorious after Natalya forced Becky Lynch to tap out to her Sharpshooter, but The Irish Lass Kicker and one of her partners from Sunday will be out for retribution on SmackDown LIVE, as she and Charlotte Flair will take on Natalya & Carmella in tag team action.

With things being so combustible in the SmackDown LIVE women’s division, will their respective colleagues, SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi and Tamina, stay out of the fray?

Shane McMahon to make Money in the Bank announcement
    With WWE Backlash in the rearview mirror, the SmackDown LIVE roster’s attention now turns toward Money in the Bank on June 18. The phrase “land of opportunity” takes on a literal meaning on that night, as the chance to challenge for the WWE Championship any time and any place will be hanging in the balance.

WWE.com has learned that SmackDown LIVE Commissioner Shane McMahon will be making a major announcement regarding Money in the Bank tonight. Will this news change the course of Team Blue?

Who’s next to challenge The Usos?
    SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos fought off the challenge of Breezango, despite the best efforts of Fandango and his undercover partner, Tyler Breeze.

With The Fashion Police seemingly out of the way, who will be next to challenge the champions? There’s no shortage of duos hungry for an opportunity, including former titleholders American Alpha and the menacing Ascension. Still, don’t count out Breezango, who will definitely be looking to get back in the title hunt after a breakout performance in Chicago.

Will AJ Styles continue his pursuit of the United States Title?
    AJ Styles came up short in his effort to unseat Kevin Owens as United States Champion at WWE Backlash, thanks to the champion shoving The Phenomenal One’s leg into a hole in the announcers’ desk. That gave The New Face of America the opening to sneak out of Chicago with a count-out victory.

After the bout, Owens added insult to injury by superkicking a defenseless Styles. After the incident, a visibly pained Phenomenal One wasn’t in the mood to answer questions about the match, instead wondering about his injured leg and whether it would force him out of action.

Can Styles continue competing and go after Owens and his title? Find out on SmackDown LIVE, Sky Sports 5 @ 01:00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I want Slater to interrupt the celebrations, trying to reunite the band, then Jinder destroys him.

Also, Becky tapped out to Natalya? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

J. Marston wrote: »
    I want Slater to interrupt the celebrations, trying to reunite the band, then Jinder destroys him.

Also, Becky tapped out to Natalya? Seriously?

Would probably lead to a Slater/Jinder feud with the belt on the line come money in the bank.

Nakamura, Ziggler, Sami and Corbin to be involved in the money in the bank ladder match. Allows them to carry on the Ziggler and Nakamura feud without them having to have a second singles match come the next ppv and could see Rusev coming back for the match. If Shelton Benjamin is fit he could make a surprise return for it or someone like New Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

There's nothing on that preview that makes me want to watch Smackdown ever again.

I was Teamblue all the way with AJ on top. Look at the absolute state of it now.

501391765615.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wonder will there be some sort of mins silence for the Manchester victims. The company frequently visit the citie

I wonder will that change Jinders character a bit and make him promote less hatred of western culture etc ???. The Muhammad Hassan thing was more extreme though

So the MITB match will be Ko vs Ziggler vs styles vs Zayn vs Corbin vs Nakamura

Meaning it will be Jinder vs Orton or/and Rusev for the wwe title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

"You guys know you're not.... real cops??"

"My Dad keeps saying that, I'm starting to think you're both right"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was Tyler mistaking Shane for someone else when commenting on the moustache? Maybe a tv commissioner?

As much as i like those Lana promos, merging multiple promos together just makes it more obvious that she was wearing the same boots for all. And yes, i know i shouldn't notice that on her

Breezango are actually fast becoming my favourite thing in WWE right now. They'll of course be buried (because Vince) but they are fantastic fun.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was Tyler mistaking Shane for someone else when commenting on the moustache? Maybe a tv commissioner?

Nah, I'm sure it's just that the Commissioner in all these cop shows is usually a fat white guy with a moustache.

those indian lads dancing are very happy people

"Their day one was a little more H than ours."

I love Fandango. I think he might have the best comic delivery in WWE now that Jericho is gone.

I love Fandango. I think he might have the best comic delivery in WWE now that Jericho is gone.

I'm reading between the lines here and I completely agree with you: Jericho and Fandango need to go into a feud when he comes back, culminating in a ladder match at SummerSlam for sole ownership of 'The List'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Since Nakamura hasn't got great English he is suffering badly by the writers "I have never spoken to anyone ever" dialogue. Angle is almost as bad on Raw. Already he feel like just someone in the background. WWE are now second to none on doing that with new or returning talents.
    At least when Mahal wears the suit it hides his bad ache.

JBL done my head in this week, he seemed to be louder than other weeks

ERG89 wrote: »
    Since Nakamura hasn't got great English he is suffering badly by the writers "I have never spoken to anyone ever" dialogue. Angle is almost as bad on Raw. Already he feel like just someone in the background. WWE are now second to none on doing that with new or returning talents.
    At least when Mahal wears the suit it hides his bad ache.

Angles acting skills are horrendus, he acts way too goofy, a return to the ring for him is badly needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fandango on a comedic genius and the southpaw wrestling videos show that. I think what it shows that there are talented guys if they were just let them a bit of leeway.

are breezedango the billy& Chuck of 2017 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have to say I'm ok with Jinder as champ Orton bores the crap out of me.

Breezango bring so much fun with them both guys are talented and deserve a run with the titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

They deserve a run with the titles alright but I'm not sure what a couple of cheap single victories which is then coupled with another title failure does for them.

If it's not an ethically charged heel angle the E seem incapable of building a bread and butter feud. That's not a dig at Jinder as I actually have interest in this whole maharaja stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote:
    Angles acting skills are horrendus, he acts way too goofy, a return to the ring for him is badly needed

While he does overact I don't think Daniel Day Lewis could work with some of the stilted dialogue. It's written like it's been put through Google translate several times.
    Breezango bring so much fun with them both guys are talented and deserve a run with the titles.

Hopefully when New Day return they won't be forgotten.
    No matter how long those 3 were gone for their act is stale & Breezango still feel fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So how many mikes weren't turned on. Seemed a few.
    Was funny hearing Jinder's voice going. like the deep voice he uses is actually just put on and he was paying for it.

So when did Jinder get so big anyway? Was he big when he came back and fought Heath for a place on the roster?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So how many mikes weren't turned on. Seemed a few.
    Was funny hearing Jinder's voice going. like the deep voice he uses is actually just put on and he was paying for it.

So when did Jinder get so big anyway? Was he big when he came back and fought Heath for a place on the roster?

This was him last August...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/nfdcoKJlSdM/maxresdefault.jpg

So his workout regime started shortly after that, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Here's this weeks half arsed preview.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2017-05-30

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So AJ lost to Ziggler. That's cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So Dolph Ziggler ( im a fan of his ) loses practically every week, can somehow beat AJ Styles, seriously, how could they write this stuff and think, yeah that makes perfect sense.

I fast forward through and some weeks i dont watch it, raw unless i read something good happened on it, and now its getting to the stage where i'll be doing the same with smackdown.

Advertisement