Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

So right in front of the referee, Ziggler shoves his fingers in AJ's eyes.... and the match continues? I guess they are trying to show that Ziggler will stoop to any lengths to win, and this makes him dangerous in the MITB type match... but the ref does not come out of that looking well at all!

So Dolph Ziggler ( im a fan of his ) loses practically every week, can somehow beat AJ Styles, seriously, how could they write this stuff and think, yeah that makes perfect sense.

I fast forward through and some weeks i dont watch it, raw unless i read something good happened on it, and now its getting to the stage where i'll be doing the same with smackdown.

There's still enough for me to watch Smackdown for the time being.

You still have great talent in KO, Nakamura and AJ.

Usos have really impressed me lately on the mic, and a feud with New Day could be great fun.

Breezango are hit and miss; some weeks they are hilarious (largely thanks to Dango) but some weeks it's not great. I'm worried they are painting Breeze as a guy who just likes wearing dresses, and not a deluded wannabe cop who thinks he needs to be undercover in various forms. The latter could get over, the former not so much.

And there'll always be the patriotic interest in Becky!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I enjoyed the women's non-match a lot. Only quibble is Charlotte keeps over rotating in her moonsault!

I enjoyed the New Day and Usos. It's weird as normally New Day are over exposed every week with a mic segment and as they haven't been on I enjoyed them. It's WWE's common mistake. Over exposure.

Rest was just meh really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was that Summer Rae's silhouette in the Fashion Files? Would be good if she got involved in Breezango. She's one of those wrestlers who does very little but the little she does do is fun. Plus she's hot.

Ziggler beating AJ is just so bloody stupid. They had Ziggler super popular, ages ago now, and messed it up. They're not going to get it back, he's so far beyond a busted flush at this point, it's ridiculous.

But it was in AJ's hometown so maybe it's just WWE's pointless "Shít on the home town hero" thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I just hope that AJ losing to Ziggler is because he's winning MITB and they're allowing him to lose to give others rubs before getting the push similar to Balor on Raw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I hope Charlotte face run is only temporary since she is natual born heel and that she wins MITB breifcase as a way to turn her back heel.

They are going through motions till potentially Charlotte vs. Becky at SummerSlam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I hope Charlotte face run is only temporary since she is natual born heel and that she wins MITB breifcase as a way to turn her back heel.

They are going through motions till potentially Charlotte vs. Becky at SummerSlam.

I heard recently that the plan for Summerslam may be
    Nattie v Charlotte
    for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, good that they listened to my idea for the women. :)
    Though i guess that means Naomi gets the night off which means we won't get a cash in attempt on her.

I still think the MitB case means the hardcore 365 rule applied.

I have no interest in the world title until after MitB

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I heard recently that the plan for Summerslam may be
    Nattie v Charlotte
    for the title.
    Well that would be crap, there's a half dozen better matchups they could do

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well that would be crap, there's a half dozen better matchups they could do
    Id nearly prefer Becky vs Naomi at SS with Charlotte cashing in after the match. Have her come out and celebrate with Becky and then turn oh her Ciampa style

• Advertisement

Id nearly prefer Becky vs Naomi at SS with Charlotte cashing in after the match. Have her come out and celebrate with Becky and then turn oh her Ciampa style
    Yes 100 times better than anything to do with Natalya. Her as a heel now doesn't work she has the charisma and believability of a wooden plank, her as a whiney face is even worse. I'd have Tamina in the title scene over her not because she's better she's a zero too but at least it would be new.
    Give us Charlotte vs Becky at SS, let Charlotte win MITB and cash in the next opportunity. I'd love to see that match at SS with Charlotte the heel and Becky face because it could go either way and we don't see enough matchups like that now, too often an ending is predictable because of the direction you can see or who the company is high on but that would be a genuine 50/50 match if built up semi right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I just hope that AJ losing to Ziggler is because he's winning MITB and they're allowing him to lose to give others rubs before getting the push similar to Balor on Raw

I hope not. That WWE way of nonsense never works, nobody ever gets over that way. It's mind boggling that that's how they do things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I actually had a mini pop watching SD last night and earlier when New Day's music hit. I missed them. I look forward to the 2 MiTB matches no clear winner in either although one may be easier to call that the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I am not a big Uso fan but really enjoyed their segment with the new day

So with New Day back, where does that leave Breezango?
    I was sure they had officially changed their name to Fashion Police since when they came out the screen behind them said that. Then they were introduced as Breezango

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I am not a big Uso fan but really enjoyed their segment with the new day

At least its fresh but i hope we dont see the New Day winning the titles on their first attempt.

At least they are trying to build a division again with Breezeango and am actually looking forward to them with the New Day at some stage.

Where are American Alpha these days? Wonder will they come back heel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

A heel new day vs breezango i would like very much

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

At least its fresh but i hope we dont see the New Day winning the titles on their first attempt.

At least they are trying to build a division again with Breezeango and am actually looking forward to them with the New Day at some stage.

Where are American Alpha these days? Wonder will they come back heel?

Yes to all of this. Kinda feel like the tag division has been rebooted so AA eventually winning the titles could feel like the major event it should have been first time around

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

It's amazing the effect a little character development can have. The Uso's and Breezango have become entertaining following a small amount of investment in their personality.

American Alpha (and indeed many other NXT graduates) have been floundered following their call ups. The non NXT viewer has no reason to care about American Alpha. Sure, we are told they are great, but the casual audience has been given no reason to invest in them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Knowing they were great in NXT does not make them enjoyable on the main show either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Nice to see Lana back tonight even if it was all of 60 seconds :D
    And going by the reaction that's another face for the divas division, also the sooner Naomi looses that belt the better,
    here's hoping that Becky wins at MITB

• Registered Users Posts: 60,634 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Fashion Police

tenor.gif

Any update on a Rusev return?

Shane: "Lana, you have to earn a title shot here"
    also Shane "Here's a Tag Title match for you, New Day. Welcome to Smackdown"

"Listen Big E, if that's even your real initial."

Fandango is comedy gold.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »

I wouldn't be shocked to see him win MITB. Have him storm down during the match, interject himself and "steal" the briefcase.

"I had the boys in the lab check for prints, but then I realised that there are no boys... and there is no lab"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Uso's promo was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

CastorTroy wrote: »

Shane: "Lana, you have to earn a title shot here"
    also Shane "Here's a Tag Title match for you, New Day. Welcome to Smackdown"

The same with Charlotte she was just granted a title match but to be fair at least New Day have been champions before, Lana had I think 1 one match ? I'm open for correction on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Given CJ Perry's background I wouldn't deem it impossible that she and Naomi could put on a passable match athletically speaking. I'd expect either a short fun snappy match or shenanigans early on.

They're brave if they booked this match in the knowledge it'll be a botch of a match. I don't think they'd throw Lana in like that after all the build in.

Then again, Vinny likes his ribs.

• Advertisement

Any reports of Lana actually being good/bad in the ring? I know she's done some NXT house shows but most of what you hear about that is her entrance is very OTT.

Advertisement