Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

kopite386 wrote: »
    Nice to see Lana back tonight even if it was all of 60 seconds :D
    And going by the reaction that's another face for the divas division, also the sooner Naomi looses that belt the better,
    here's hoping that Becky wins at MITB

I've seen a few people express this opinion on Naomi, what's the issue with her? Kids love her gimmick, with the dancing and the flashy lights and stuff, and she seems to have a bit of personality to work with in terms of promos. She also seems very athletic and passable in the ring, and can only get better in that regard too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Her acting is pretty dreadful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

She's talented in the ring but yeah not a fan of her in your face gimmick. Would work better as a heel.

Trying to think logically who carrying MITB would suit best. Surely it's Carmella. Becky 2nd to set up a heel cash in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I like Naomi but this...

VA6sCe4.gif

Needs to stop. Reminds me of this...

tumblr_lqysfrbD5S1qh59n0o2_250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Yeah while talented her moveset is bordering on Ambrose levels of complacency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nakamura vs Owens was flat as a pancake. Shinsuke hasn't flourished on the main roster yet. Styles vs Ziggler was poor enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

The go home show for Money In The Bank.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2017-06-13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So who'll be sitting at the top of the ladder at the end?

Nakamura just cut the best WWE promo of the year in three words :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've tried to give Mahal a chance and get behind him as a main eventer, but I'm certain now that all he does is bore the hell out of me, he has no charisma and his voice and facial expressions aren't main event level. It was worth trying WWE, but I hope it's ending very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

martyos121 wrote: »
    I've tried to give Mahal a chance and get behind him as a main eventer, but I'm certain now that all he does is bore the hell out of me, he has no charisma and his voice and facial expressions aren't main event level. It was worth trying WWE, but I hope it's ending very soon.

when is the tour of India again? they will keep him til it's over then bury him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

martyos121 wrote: »
    Cena coming back to dethrone Mahal and making him a 17 time World Champion.

I think if Naomi had to run in that ring gear, it would've been like an episode of Baywatch.
    So Lana gets a title shot just because she said she wanted it then tripped Naomi? So what's the point of the MitB case again?

Notice the Sami pic on the Fashion Police board with "Generic" above it? So both Raw and SD doing an unidentified attacker stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

martyos121 wrote:
    I've tried to give Mahal a chance and get behind him as a main eventer.

Who knew putting the WWE Title on a guy who won 2 matches in about a year would fail?
    All he has shown me is clear loopholes in the wwe wellness policy.
    No entrance with an elephant or rolling people up in one of those rugs yet tho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think if Naomi had to run in that ring gear, it would've been like an episode of Baywatch.

No joke, I thought she was in a bikini when she started her entrance. :pac:

Smackdown is more enjoyable than Raw, but that doesn't mean today was particularly great. The PPV has potential but the go-home show felt like it was quite "by-the-numbers".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lana looked like Elsa from Frozen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

who is going to turn on who Mojo or Zach Ryder ?? my guess is Ryder and they will repackage him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So who'll be sitting at the top of the ladder at the end?

This time the lucky one was Nakamura! That's the precise problem with WWE. It is just so predictable.

Nothing much happened in that Smackdown.

Mahal can barely talk as his voice is gone! I like the idea of giving him a chance at champion but they should have built him up at least for a few weeks beforehand.

Now it is just when can he drop it so we can move on.Then a few months later he will be released and he will be advertised as "former WWE Champion" on the indies!

Weirdly,around this time 3 years ago he was released and now he is WWE champ.Drew is back too!

DCHTf0sXsAA6Pt6.jpg

Curt is back as well. So when can we get the JTG return?

I was thinking the Lana/Elsa thing as well
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    No joke, I thought she was in a bikini when she started her entrance. :pac:

The one week she doesn't bounce up and down to get the fans motivated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Smackdown ratings were lowest so far since the move, on a go home show for a ppv.

That Jinder thing is really working out.

Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ERG89 wrote: »
    Who knew putting the WWE Title on a guy who won 2 matches in about a year would fail?
    All he has shown me is clear loopholes in the wwe wellness policy.
    No entrance with an elephant or rolling people up in one of those rugs yet tho.

Listen to his podcast with Jericho, he is just dieting and training hard. Its possible to look like he does with dedication and sacrifice and without the need to juice.

Its so hard that all I can do is commend the man.

Jinder's bodyfat is so low that he looks like his skin is shrinkwrapped onto his muscles, everywhere in his body except for the tiny little man-titties in his lower chest. That screams gyno to me.

In fact, his bodyfat is so low that in many respects I hope he is juicing, for the sake of his health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Smackdown ratings were lowest so far since the move, on a go home show for a ppv.

That Jinder thing is really working out.

Idiots.

Hopefully when the real top guys move in the main event like AJ and Nakamura and we get the best in the main event as it should be things can start to pick up

Don't think Nakamura is going to get a chance. They had his entrance during a commercial break on Smackdown. His theme and entrance are far too over, so they need to kill it.

Nakamura will get a chance at the top of the card for sure, whether he stays there long term is anyones guess, but he wasn't brought in from NJPW to not be a top level guy

They're doing their best to water him down for sure, this "artist known as" thing is bs he kicks people in the head really hard he's the king of strong style not Prince

They're going to ruin him. They hate anyone who got over without them.

There's getting over without them ala Zack Ryder and there's bringing in one of the top stars from the past 15 years from Japan who came in literally main event ready minus his English

They're going to ruin him. They hate anyone who got over without them.

Well I just subscribed to NJPW World so there is upside for me if they do ruin him - he might end up back in Japan!

There's getting over without them ala Zack Ryder and there's bringing in one of the top stars from the past 15 years from Japan who came in literally main event ready minus his English

And did they do with him? Stick him in NXT for TWO YEARS. Why? So he could learn how to work?

You don't sign a Main Event ready star and hide him for two years.

• Advertisement

And did they do with him? Stick him in NXT for TWO YEARS. Why? So he could learn how to work?

You don't sign a Main Event ready star and hide him for two years.

He was in NXT for little over a year, and his english would have been next to nothing before he signed, it takes time for him to learn the language and to be able to cut promos which he still isn't really doing

He also got a chance to learn how WWE likes you to work the camera and other stuff like that, AJ has said himself that talent should go into NXT to learn the WWE way because he had to sink or swim when he went in head first

Putting him in NXT only helped to build up hype for when he eventually came up to the main roster, sure it's been crap so far but for the past year people have been fantasy booking him and hyping him up for what he can be

Advertisement