Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

martyos121 wrote: »
    I've tried to give Mahal a chance and get behind him as a main eventer, but I'm certain now that all he does is bore the hell out of me, he has no charisma and his voice and facial expressions aren't main event level. It was worth trying WWE, but I hope it's ending very soon.
    Yeah, I'm glad they've at least tried something different, but Mahal isn't a particularly interesting guy. Shame they wouldn't go out on a limb on someone like Sami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He was in NXT for little over a year, and his english would have been next to nothing before he signed, it takes time for him to learn the language and to be able to cut promos which he still isn't really doing

He also got a chance to learn how WWE likes you to work the camera and other stuff like that, AJ has said himself that talent should go into NXT to learn the WWE way because he had to sink or swim when he went in head first

Putting him in NXT only helped to build up hype for when he eventually came up to the main roster, sure it's been crap so far but for the past year people have been fantasy booking him and hyping him up for what he can be

Nak could always speak decent English, and I'm pretty sure he knows how a camera works after being a huge TV star for a long time in Japan. He should have come in straight away and been pushed to the top, but WWE haven't a clue anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

They're going to ruin him. They hate anyone who got over without them.

This isn't true. Finn Bálor beat Reigns clean on his first night on the main roster and won the main belt in his first PPV at SummerSlam.

AJ Styles was debuted in the Royal Rumble as a star and has been treated as one since. Also, he was put over clean against Cena at SummerSlam.

Kevin Owens debuted on the main roster beating Cena clean, and he has been consistently kept in major storylines since.

Samoa Joe has been portrayed as a killer since his debut on the main roster and now has a PPV match with Lesnar.

Nakamura has so far been pushed as a major star. The main selling point of Backlash was that it was his debut. I'll agree that the booking has been poor. Nakamura's debut should have been a much bigger deal than what it was, but that's down to poor booking rather than WWE hating any of these guys. IMO what Nakamura really needs is a great match, and the most sure way of doing that is having him vs Styles in a major match at SummerSlam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    Nakamura has so far been pushed as a major star. The main selling point of Backlash was that it was his debut. I'll agree that the booking has been poor. Nakamura's debut should have been a much bigger deal than what it was, but that's down to poor booking rather than WWE hating any of these guys. IMO what Nakamura really needs is a great match, and the most sure way of doing that is having him vs Styles in a major match at SummerSlam.

I agree personally I think it would be good if this feud happened not sure if it needs the MiTB Briefcase or not but this feud and match has too happen and summerslam is perfect place for it. Also if Cena stays with SD then Nakamura vs Cena has to happen as well at some stage sooner rather than later again hopefully at a PPV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    This isn't true. Finn Bálor beat Reigns clean on his first night on the main roster and won the main belt in his first PPV at SummerSlam.

AJ Styles was debuted in the Royal Rumble as a star and has been treated as one since. Also, he was put over clean against Cena at SummerSlam.

Kevin Owens debuted on the main roster beating Cena clean, and he has been consistently kept in major storylines since.

Samoa Joe has been portrayed as a killer since his debut on the main roster and now has a PPV match with Lesnar.

All those guys have suffered the 50/50 booking curse too. It gets nobody over in the long run.

AJ isn't anywhere near what he was when he was on top because they have him lose to geeks like Ziggler. Kevin Owens as champ was a complete mess. I think he lost nearly every week. That's WWE for you. You wouldn't see good ol HHH losing every week, not a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

All those guys have suffered the 50/50 booking curse too. It gets nobody over in the long run.

AJ isn't anywhere near what he was when he was on top because they have him lose to geeks like Ziggler. Kevin Owens as champ was a complete mess. I think he lost nearly every week. That's WWE for you. You wouldn't see good ol HHH losing every week, not a chance.

That's not the same thing as WWE hating wrestlers who get over without them. Anyone who isn't Roman Reigns has those issues, and even Reigns has put a few others over, and has been terribly booked. The four names I mentioned were just four guys who were over outside WWE who have been booked stronger than a lot of others. Bálor and Joe have up to now been kept very well protected. Styles losing a random Smackdown match to Ziggler doesn't really matter in the long run either, he's still presented as the main guy on Smackdown, and there'd be no issue with his credibility if he was put in a title program straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2017-06-20

Preview for this weeks show kicks off in about 15 mins on sky sports 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think we'll get a Becky/Ellsworth match.

I know WWE don't do intergender matches but....it's Ellsworth.

Edit: Why is Charlotte the aggrieved one? Becky was the one knocked off the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Fantastic work form Becky there in her backstage promo with Daniel Bryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

*Orton angrily attacks Jinder Mahal*

JBL: "I haven't seen Orton like this EVER!"

Gotta love that continuity. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Just lazy having Corbin do the exact same thing as Carmella last night

Corbin should be the guy who disappears for 2 months before cashing in, none of this half a dozen teases that usually gets done

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thought Carmella cut an amazing promo, justifying what happened. Also loved Becky's too, and the parallels to Bryan were great. Given they screwed up Sasha and Bailly, Becky is there best bet at a genuine breakout woman star.

Jinder REALLY needed to break from Orton but instead we get another month of them? No thanks.

Thrilled to see Gable back on Tv and even if it was a quick loss, I thought he showed great intensity and decent promo skills

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Officer999

Still no Rusev.....that was some waste of a draft pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The need to show more promos from Talking Smack - Mahal's & Corbin's after MITB were fantastic

Both of them have really grown on me as a result of these promos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Strange how American Alpha returned after so long away and that's how they do it. I expect/hope next week that Jason Jordan will be from wherever Smackdown is. Gable looks so much like the main guy from Big Bang Theory. But at least they gave him a chance at a promo and with Owens and AJ which is one thing AA never really got to do much.

And the fans weren't happy that everything was made for next week, leading to booing for the MitB rematch. Next week is gonna be a big one it seems. As if it's a special episode.

Strange how someone here was saying what I was thinking about Tye, Harper and AA all missing for a few weeks then they all turn up this week.

Wonder if Corbin had cashed in on Mahal and won, would Orton be so keen to continue his feud with Mahal?

Is it me or did it seem like Sami has a thing for Becky? Can't blame him, but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

So there having a mitb match next week. Why couldn't they have just done it the right way the first time.

So there having a mitb match next week. Why couldn't they have just done it the right way the first time.

Build Carmella as a heel and it seems to have worked. She was getting little to no reaction and then she got huge boos last night with a really good promo.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Build Carmella as a heel and it seems to have worked. She was getting little to no reaction and then she got huge boos last night with a really good promo.

She really got booed last night during that promo, she's really working as a heel now

Really hope she wins the case again next week, the heat would be serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,132 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Should be pushed to the moon for this alone tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Matches like that should be left for the ppv's tbh. But WWE has made them all meaningless so trying to boost their ratings is more important now.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »

So many dislikes on that video. People have no taste.

I've been humming it all day.

No sign of them on Smackdown, strange to debut them only to not have them on the next show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,132 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

No sign of them on Smackdown, strange to debut them only to not have them on the next show

Had a dark segment, bizarre they could not find room for this on the main show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So many dislikes on that video. People have no taste.

I've been humming it all day.

That and Lana's new theme. Been bopping round to that all day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Officer999

Had a dark segment, bizarre they could not find room for this on the main show.

He looks like Heath Slater there

• Registered Users Posts: 22,215 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So Cena to win the US title in 2 weeks for 4th July

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I liked her promo but her accent completely disappeared ! She needs to work on that.

Then later it came back when they were all in the ring! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Who'll climb the ladder and unhook the Women's Money In The Bank briefcase?

Will Lana best Naomi in their rematch and claim the Smackdown Live Women's Championship.

The Hype Bros take on The Usos for a future chance at the Smackdown Live Tag Team Championships.

Sami Zayn takes on Mr. Money In The Bank, Baron Corbin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm sort of curious about why they decided to do the second MITB match. Like, was that always going to be the plan, or did fan backlash at having a man win the first women's match force their hand?

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    I'm sort of curious about why they decided to do the second MITB match. Like, was that always going to be the plan, or did fan backlash at having a man win the first women's match force their hand?

Either way it's building real heat for Carmella so its working out well imo

I do hate this beat the champs to get a title shot crap, when the champs have a match it should almost always be for the title it waters down the value of titles

Advertisement