Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,380 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Feeling the hype bros may end the same way as Enzo and Cass with one of them turning on the other

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Feeling the hype bros may end the same way as Enzo and Cass with one of them turning on the other

Yea feel the same although i think a lot of people cant care less

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I still feel sorry for Ryder getting stuck with Mojo in the first place.

Oh great a Punjabi Prison Match :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loved the ending. Love that the Punjabi Prison is back. Love Ellsworth. Fun show, and 100% the right winner for the MitB after the last two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Punjabi Prison...

Thank God for New Japan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Looking forward to the punjabi prison returning

ricero wrote: »
    Looking forward to the punjabi prison returning

Have you seen the two Punjabi Prison matches? They are two of the worst matches of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Have you seen the two Punjabi Prison matches? They are two of the worst matches of all time.

If the Singh's help Mahal escape using elephants I'll be ok with another month of his boring as f*ck reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,632 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can't wait till they bring back the Punjabi Prison matches for Jinder.

Only took two months :)

Loving Carmella at the moment she really doesn't seem to get the credit she deserves for the work she & Ellsworth to be fair have put in over the last few months.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    If the Singh's help Mahal escape using elephants I'll be ok with another month of his boring as f*ck reign.

It'll be longer than a month. Gotta tap into that lucrative Indian market. They'll kill it dead when they realise they have no money to spend on a network.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Had no idea Taker/Big Show had a PP match. Always assumed Khali/Batista was the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »
    Had no idea Taker/Big Show had a PP match. Always assumed Khali/Batista was the only one.

Khali and Taker were supposed to be in the first one iirc but Khali got pulled for some reason

Khali and Taker were supposed to be in the first one iirc but Khali got pulled for some reason

I think it was because he was absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lana claimed on Twitter that her shoulder wasn't on the mat last night when Naomi pinned her.

https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/879900529140183040

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked Ellsworth on this show. I also enjoyed New Day's nod to Booker T's infamous N Bomb promo on Hogan.

Yea felt this was a fairly good SD , Im actually glad Carmella won as it makes for more heat saying she didnt even need Ellsworths help to win etc. The match itself was quite good as well

Fashion Police/Acension promo was funny enough , so i presume it was either American Alpha or Ryder/Mojo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Probably the best Talking Smack segment yet. Owens is such an arse towards Renee, it's hilarious...

https://streamable.com/a2tlu

Well worth watching until the end. Why can't promos be more like that? Off the cuff.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Probably the best Talking Smack segment yet. Owens is such an arse towards Renee, it's hilarious...

https://streamable.com/a2tlu

Well worth watching until the end. Why can't promos be more like that? Off the cuff.

It's brilliant, especially the dig at Great Balls Of Fire PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's brilliant, especially the dig at Great Balls Of Fire PPV

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/880071897135943680

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Lana claimed on Twitter that her shoulder wasn't on the mat last night when Naomi pinned her.

https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/879900529140183040

I noticed that at the time when watching. I really don't know what they're doing with Lana. The quick finisher at the beginning was nicely done and I would have actually been excited to see a 3 count.....but then it ended up as a burying anyway. Completed with dirt on shoe gesture from Naomi.

Are they trying to make Lana a weasel heel? Because they're doing that right now with Carmella to way much better satisfaction for all involved.

Just seems like an utterly wasted venture for Lana, someone who gets a bigger reaction through presence alone than at least half the ENTIRE SD roster.

Anyway, other than that....

The MITB was better than the last one.

Ellsworth knocked it out of the park again this week. I really am dying to see Bryan floor him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The monkeys in the truck are clearly brilliant. Randy randomly comes to the ring and refuses to leave til he gets the match against Mahal. Shane then comes out based off this and decides to give the match and Mahal can decide. Then Jinder comes out and states the match he wants. A match that hasn't been seen in a long time, yet suddenly they have a video package ready for this random sequence of events.

Ladder match was decent but seems the only high risk move was from Elsworth. Wasn't time others came off it it was pretty low down the ladder and they jumped.

Breezango are quality.

Wish we got another US title open challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The Ascension got to show a bit of personality on Fashion Vice this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep. Though dunno where they can go with it. What could they do to go with their characters? I would like to see some development for them. Other teams seem to have started getting more mic time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yep. Though dunno where they can go with it. What could they do to go with their characters? I would like to see some development for them. Other teams seem to have started getting more mic time

I think an Eddie Money tribute tag team is the only logical way forward for them now. They can call themselves the Two Tickets to Paradise. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

What the hell was Nakamura saying?
    I thought it was the gumshield but no :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

CastorTroy wrote: »

How long since we've had a dancing tag team? A few months maybe, the time is ripe

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I'm hoping that the Ascension are now finished, and that we will get the Surf Dudes with Attitudes on Smackdown instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugh, Rusev back just to job to Cena :(

Advertisement