Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

USA. USA. USA. Bulge Area lol.

Didn't take long for the novelty of Cena returning to wear off for me. Go back to Hollywood, John.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I binge watched Glow at the weekend (excellent viewing) and this cena rusev segment is even more hilarious after watching it. The sneaky evil foreigner and the righteous, good, as wholesome as apple pie, all American hero!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Holy snap, hey brought up Xavier's sex tape!

This rap battle is much more entertaining than I thought it would be. The sex tape line was bloody brilliant. Usos win hands down.

Xavier just about saving it for New Day :P Usos crushed them though. Really fun segment.

• Advertisement

Yep, could've been car crash but it was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Going to commercial DURING A F**KING PROMO.

I'm out. This company is in a tailspin. Thank jeebus for NJPW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And of course WWE cut out the sex tape reference in the YouTube clip, god damn it. May try find the segment on Reddit.

For anyone who missed it, from Reddit...

https://streamable.com/nwtwo

The backstage bit with Breezango and Tye was great too. Renee's reaction to Tenee was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Rap battle I got sky+ for that.

Yay Cena I missed him ... not and rusev gets to job out first match back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

God poor Kofi's lines went down like a lead balloon. Uso's def destroyed them tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

God poor Kofi's lines went down like a lead balloon. Uso's def destroyed them tho

To be fair I think they knowingly played to the Uso's strengths there. I actually give an iota of a sh1t now a bout them which makes the overall feud better.

TND, Usos, Tye and Breezango were genuinely funny last night.

Cena on the other hand "We know you're from Bulge Area!" Christ....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:
    Cena on the other hand "We know you're from Bulge Area!" Christ....

I dont like to get political but the promo by Cena with his sappy, Disney channel view of America was nauseating & deluded.
    Chad Gable is gone from impersonating the Steiners to Angle. I thought there was more potential in doing the former tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A bit out of the loop but how is Cena a free agent and as he returned to SD, I take it he is back in blue

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Faces of Woods, Big E, Wale and Kofi after the line about the sex tape was dropped.

19875300_10211948738607551_2198569693445520196_n.jpg?oh=e974e2115d321920cb16ffaf05dbaff8&oe=59D122C8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

It was a brilliant line. The crowd ate it up

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Weeneedoo lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I genuinely think the Usos are up there with the top promos in the company right now.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A bit out of the loop but how is Cena a free agent and as he returned to SD, I take it he is back in blue

In his promo, he said he'll be going wherever he wants from now on and teased fights with Raw guys. So he's on Smackdown till GboF at least, but I'd imagine they have said this cause he'll do a Raw feud for Summerslam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In his promo, he said he'll be going wherever he wants from now on and teased fights with Raw guys. So he's on Smackdown till GboF at least, but I'd imagine they have said this cause he'll do a Raw feud for Summerslam.

In an ideal world Braun will beat Reigns go for the championship at Summerslam and win Brock loses again at survivor series (I know I know) so enter John starts doing one of his big talk promos going for the championship, Braun comes out and just demolishes him all he says is you talk too much. The only way you'll get at me is by winning the rumble or something like that. So Braun enters a small time feud will levitate someone for a while. Final 2 of the Rumble is a smackdown guy and John 2 very different goals on mind good visual for me. John wins and goes to wrestle mania. I'd have Braun retain again cementing him at the top and as the biggest baddest thing to topple in WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I genuinely think the Usos are up there with the top promos in the company right now.

They really show how WWE have no idea how to book faces

Nobody gave a crap about them a year ago, nobody, but now they seem to have a personality and purpose same as so many heels now but sure they only get cheered because it's bizaro world or the fans are just having fun

In an ideal world Braun will beat Reigns go for the championship at Summerslam and win Brock loses again at survivor series (I know I know) so enter John starts doing one of his big talk promos going for the championship, Braun comes out and just demolishes him all he says is you talk too much. The only way you'll get at me is by winning the rumble or something like that. So Braun enters a small time feud will levitate someone for a while. Final 2 of the Rumble is a smackdown guy and John 2 very different goals on mind good visual for me. John wins and goes to wrestle mania. I'd have Braun retain again cementing him at the top and as the biggest baddest thing to topple in WWE

Actually, I hadn't realise it till you said it, but yeah, I'd have Cena as a nailed on favourite for the Rumble now. The "which will he choose" angle is too tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Actually, I hadn't realise it till you said it, but yeah, I'd have Cena as a nailed on favourite for the Rumble now. The "which will he choose" angle is too tempting...
    Yes plus if he doesn't win another world title by then ... makes number 17 and he beats flairs record. I am sure Vince would love to have Cena making history to end WM34

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cena back to RAW to pop their ratings would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

lycan238 wrote: »
    Yes plus if he doesn't win another world title by then ... makes number 17 and he beats flairs record. I am sure Vince would love to have Cena making history to end WM34

Better than Roman Reigns making history to end WM34 at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Me smoking a fag at the end of Mania 34 would be better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

martyos121 wrote: »
    Better than Roman Reigns making history to end WM34 at least.

He's level with Cena on 3 main events in a row, and will tie Hogan for 4 if he does it at 34

For a guy who seemingly needs these main events to get over over it's a bit of a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Wale is one of few genuine celebrity wrestling fans. He gives a shoutout to OSW every now and again on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Honestly have never of him.

Advertisement