Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

He's level with Cena on 3 main events in a row, and will tie Hogan for 4 when he does it at 34

For a guy who seemingly needs these main events to get over over it's a bit of a shambles

fixed that for you cause we all know its going to happen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Been a title switch at MSG this evening. Not going to put a spoiler warning on it cause it was a house show match and I'd imagine hey are are about to plaster this all over the place.

AJ Styles is the new United States champion after beating Kevin Owens.

Flabbergasted they have decided to do this offscreen, and wonder if Owens has hurt himself....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is there another show before Tuesday that Owens could possibly win it back? If not, I'd also be inclined to think he's hurt. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Maybe they realised they only have one face holding a belt right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

It is probably to get the Anything-can-happen vibe going.

DELQ0djXoAAscY3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

MSG house shows are generally treated like mini-PPVs, aren't they? Think I've read somewhere that Vince loves the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Been a title switch at MSG this evening. Not going to put a spoiler warning on it cause it was a house show match and I'd imagine hey are are about to plaster this all over the place.

AJ Styles is the new United States champion after beating Kevin Owens.

Flabbergasted they have decided to do this offscreen, and wonder if Owens has hurt himself....

That's what's being said on Twitter.

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/kevin-owens-dropping-u-s-title-was-a-late-decision-match-at-wwe-battleground-has-been-pulled/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Story has been updated to say he wrestled last night on a house show so he's not injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Very Peculiar
    Am I right in saying this only happened twice in the last 10 years?
    Once for one of the tag team titles and one for the world title(champion injured)?

The last time a title changed hands at Madison Square Garden, was Survivor Series 2011, when CM Punk won the WWE Championship from Alberto Del Rio to start his historic 434 day title reign.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The last time a title changed hands at Madison Square Garden, was Survivor Series 2011, when CM Punk won the WWE Championship from Alberto Del Rio to start his historic 434 day title reign.

It sickens me that they don't even do TV tapings there anymore, let alone PPVs. I've read before what the reasons were for it, but I can't think of them. Either way, it's a shame. Any show at MSG is automatically more important because of the history and prestige of that arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think it becomes very expensive to film anything there due to union rates for TV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

martyos121 wrote: »
    It sickens me that they don't even do TV tapings there anymore, let alone PPVs. I've read before what the reasons were for it, but I can't think of them. Either way, it's a shame. Any show at MSG is automatically more important because of the history and prestige of that arena.
    Pentecost wrote: »
    I think it becomes very expensive to film anything there due to union rates for TV.

It's something to do with the guy who owns the stadium and the fact he's involved in Tv, so charges a fortune to anyone other than his own teams to broadcast. The cost verses the capacity doesn't add up for WWE so they stick to supercard house shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Shame they don't do more live house shows. New Japan show loads of live stuff and they haven't close to the money WWE has. It would make the Network worth having.

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

A few days removed from his victory over Kevin Owens at Madison Square Garden, what lies ahead for the newly crowned United States Champion, The Phenomenal AJ Styles.

What will be the fallout of AJ Styles capturing the United States Title?
    In the wake of this stunning turn of events, what will be the fallout on SmackDown LIVE and at WWE Battleground? There is no doubt that Owens will return to Team Blue thirsty for retribution, but will we see a rematch between Styles and The New Face of America this week on the blue brand? Or will we have to wait until the July 23 pay-per-view?

Will Tye Dillinger capitalize on the biggest opportunity of his career against Jinder Mahal?
    As one of the final three competitors in last week’s special Fourth of July Battle Royal, Tye Dillinger was so impressive that he has now been granted arguably the biggest opportunity of his career tonight - a non-title contest against WWE Champion Jinder Mahal.

However, while The Perfect 10 has proven that he can handle the numbers game, will he keep The Singh Brothers at bay long enough to score an important victory over The Modern-Day Maharaja? Will Mahal be too preoccupied with his upcoming Punjabi Prison Match against Randy Orton at WWE Battleground to repel the up-and-coming challenger? Don’t miss a moment of the action as Dillinger takes on Team Blue’s top champion.

Who will gain important SmackDown Tag Team Title momentum in singles slugfest?
    If the tension surrounding last week’s rap battle between SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos and The New Day proved anything, it’s that the SmackDown Tag Team Title Match at WWE Battleground is going to be a knock-down, drag-out showdown. Tonight, Xavier Woods will battle Jey Uso. Who will gain valuable momentum heading into the July 23 pay-per-view?

Will the Fashion Police be on the case in The Lone Star State?
    In recent weeks, The Fashion Police have given SmackDown Live many … (memorable?) moments, whether they be seeking out Tyler Breeze’s unknown attacker, receiving mysterious video tapes containing important clues or interrogating would-be prime suspects under the hot lights with iced tea and cheese.

But what will these well-dressed partners have in store for San Antonio?

Who will rise above the pack in the Women’s division?
    The blue brand Women’s division is more explosive than ever, with SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi standing on the top of the mountain and the first-ever Ms. Money in the Bank, Carmella, lurking in the shadows.

However, can The Princess of Staten Island maintain her edge without the suspended James Ellsworth? And which Superstar will step into the spotlight in the coming weeks to challenge the glowing titleholder at WWE Battleground?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Shame they don't do more live house shows. New Japan show loads of live stuff and they haven't close to the money WWE has. It would make the Network worth having.

They supposedly record a lot of the house shows so I don't know why they don't show them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Tye Dillinger versus Mahal is a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,376 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How come they don't hold TV and PPV tapings at MSG anymore ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How come they don't hold TV and PPV tapings at MSG anymore ???

See Lord TSC's post #1214.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Smackdown is really sinking in terms of my interest. Mahal & Orton may be the most boring, drawn out feud in the company which takes some going.
    Maria & Mike they clearly have no idea what they are doing with them as Zayn essentially pointed out as much to Bennett. Women are having another multi woman match because? Why not. A house show main event & the only 2 matches that were promising on paper were over before they began.
    I enjoyed the Breezango segment but the show ain't much better than Raw. Talking Smack with Shane too is like the episode of the Simpsons where Homer is going to the baseball game & Burns sits down beside him to watch it ruining any potential fun he may have. Renee is the host yet Shane introduces the show & talks over her? ok....

• Advertisement

Shane showing off his guns

"When the towers fell....."

Jesus Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiist, this is unbearable.

The only way this promo could be any more 'Murican is if Cena whips out a handgun and horses down a cheeseburger.

Is that Becky's first win against any of the horsewomen?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have Sky Sports changed the name of the channels because it didnt record Smackdown for me last night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Have Sky Sports changed the name of the channels because it didnt record Smackdown for me last night

Yeah, series link didn't pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Sky sports UK are changing to sport specific channels there may be a knock on to us here

Sky sports UK are changing to sport specific channels there may be a knock on to us here

WWE will be on Sky Sports Action and Arena but last nights was on Sky Sports Main Event ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

J. Marston wrote: »
    "When the towers fell....."

Jesus Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiist, this is unbearable.

That is dispicable, bringing up that to sell a Flag match.

Vince needs to leave right now.

Advertisement