Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

jaykhunter wrote:
    A short video app makes sense as the next step of social media.

Especially now since Twitter quickly killed off Vine.
    I watched Smackdown it was fine. Whenever I see Tamina now I think she looks a lot better with her hair straight & her theme music was taking off the cutting room floor from a lost Crash Bandicoot level.
    Didn't care for Jericho coming back as I feel he'll likely have a feud with Rusev that 90% of the audience will forget.
    They had to do something drastic with Nakamura as he's floundering at present. I think he'll lose to Cena but needs a good performance as the crowd are losing interest but not at Bayley levels yet.
    Still waiting for Owens to do a promo as the face of America where I get why he is that & I want to see him insult them bar the hometown shtick. His run with Styles hasn't delivered like many expected which is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Should have had Cena vs Nak for the title at Summerslam for **** sake

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm actually really hoping they pull the trigger on Nakamura vs Jinder.

Nak is the proof Jinder's rants about being kept down cause he's got a funny accent is wrong. Nak would be a brilliant foil to Jinder right now. And with the 4 way for the Raw title on the card above them, Nak vs Jinder gets away with being a slightly weaker match in terms of name power and quality.

Do Styles vs Cena then for Summerslam, let Nak win the title and carry it towards Mania and then Nak vs Cena is already set up; Nak beat Cena to start the road to his reign, now Cena is the final boss too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You'll get Cena and the USA triumphing at SS and you'll love it damn it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Im positive weather cena or nakamaura wins theirs going to be a corbin cash in which will kill either cena winning the 17th or nakamauras big moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    Im positive weather cena or nakamaura wins theirs going to be a corbin cash in which will kill either cena winning the 17th or nakamauras big moment

Well if you look at the Summerslam poster, it apparently gives away the finish to Cena/Nakamura..

Either that, or I'm reading way too much into a poster :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Cena's off to make a Transformers movie, so Nak just might get the rub.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

looking forward too SD live tonight but have a feeling something will prevent Nakamura vs Cena happening maybe Corbin attacks both men before the match starts

PTH2009 wrote: »
    looking forward too SD live tonight but have a feeling something will prevent Nakamura vs Cena happening maybe Corbin attacks both men before the match starts

If that's the case I'm done. I'm looking forward to this show tonight. I want Nakamura to win, but I don't want him to face Jinder, I'd much rather him face AJ at Summerslam.

I just don't think I want to see any Jinder matches ever again. Maybe AJ can beat him on a house show or something?

Nobody would mind, I can assure you of that.

If that's the case I'm done. I'm looking forward to this show tonight. I want Nakamura to win, but I don't want him to face Jinder, I'd much rather him face AJ at Summerslam.

I just don't think I want to see any Jinder matches ever again. Maybe AJ can beat him on a house show or something?

Nobody would mind, I can assure you of that.

Because of it being jinder I think id rather it be cena going for the title and let it be nak/aj for the us title

• Advertisement

Oh God. AJ/Nak at Summerslam isn't happening. I can see Nak beating Cena and then jobbing to God Damn Jinder.

It's the worst case scenario.

So there not going with KO vs Shane McMahon at Summerslam instead its going to be Styles vs KO for the US Title with Shane as speical ref

Shane is looking quite ripped lately must be on new type of vitamins lol

Special Indian herbs and spices

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think Fashion Peaks might have been my favourite one yet.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think Fashion Peaks might have been my favourite one yet.

For sure.

Was there a resolution to the attack or is this just a new storyline and it's forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Shinsuke Nakamura has just pinned John Cena clean.

I loved typing that. :)

Was a good match, would have been better on a PPV with NO ADS and maybe 10 more minutes.

Hope my earlier prediction doesn't come true.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really thought that was a great episode.

I cringed hard when I saw Cena get dropped on his head though. Imagine if he broke his neck days before he starts shooting the Transformers film!

I said I wanted Nak vs Jinder, so very, very happy with that. Though I really hope they don't have Nak win and then lose the belt immediately to Corbin. Let a first title run actually mean something for once...

Styles & Owens are destined to not have a great match despite them booking it like 6 times now. It was ok match & then the finish was beyond lousy. Owens missed the ref with his punch by a foot.
    With Shane refereeing at Summerslam it'll be a messy finish to set up Shane vs Owens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It seems like that did not want give too much away with Cena vs. Nakamura match since it could potentially headline WrestleMania or B-level PPV show in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Aiden English was the highlight of smackdown for me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Usos have greatly improved their characters since turning heel.

Having just finished rewatching the entire series, movie and being now caught up on the new series, I loved Fashion Peaks. So will we find out next week who did it? Or will they call them out at Summerslam just? I do like Ascension getting involved and showing some personality.
    So many Lynch Easter Eggs as well.

The main event may have een wrapped up quickly after dropping him on his head like that. Surprised Cena didn't kick out. And it looked like Nakamura said "I'm Sorry" when he went to shake hands

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Could a Japanese wrestler be holding a Vince McMahon WWE world title?

If that happens I think I might have been switched into an alternative reality.

Gable vs Rusev was the best match on Smackdown in a long time imo. Pity they will highly likely do nothing with Gable.
    Cena vs Nakamura was only ok, I was expecting more but big match John's commitment is elsewhere now.
    Have little interest in Jinder vs Nakamura. Shinsuke hasnt adapted to the WWE style & Jinder is the pits. The promos should be a laugh tho. :o

ERG89 wrote: »
    Gable vs Rusev was the best match on Smackdown in a long time imo. Pity they will highly likely do nothing with Gable & Rusev.
    Cena vs Nakamura was only ok, I was expecting more but big match John's commitment is elsewhere now.
    Have little interest in Jinder vs Nakamura. Shinsuke hasnt adapted to the WWE style & Jinder is the pits. The promos should be a laugh tho. :o

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought Cena had broken his neck the way he landed just before the end. That was scary looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nakamura looked worried too after the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Spotted this during Gable/Rusev.

20479851_841928162630026_8604372173610912348_n.jpg?oh=050073e871d11da7d3dbf59fb64a3acd&oe=59FD7D27

Nakamura will win at summerslam but Corbin will cash in straight away

I think in the draft they will ship Nakamura, Mahel and Rusev off too Raw and Balor, Elias and Rollins will come to SD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

My non wrestling fan mates where posting the twin peaks skit to me before I had seen it. Marked out.

Advertisement