Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fair play to Cena Nakamura said I'm sorry he said don't be sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If, big if, Nakamura gets the clean win at SS and becomes the champ, to me it won't feel big because of the guy he's beating

It's a real pity Orton couldn't get the title back in the Punjabi prison match, because Nakamura beating a WWE mainstay in Orton means a hell of a lot more

Odds are Jinder retaining through shenanigans or a Corbin cash in after a Nak win, the only positive I'll give Corbin is he's serviceable in the role he's in and the high point for WWE's new developmental system since he's totally a WWE homegrown talent showing that people can get to the upper card through the system

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they are going to have Corbin cash in on Nak at SS then i hope they have Corbin off TV till then , to add to the surprise/shock

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I imagine Nak vs Mahal will prob be mid card at Summerslam and won't main event it ???

So is cena finished with wwe for a while or is he going too raw to start a rivilary there for Summerslam??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Roman gets Main Event of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Roman gets Main Event of course.

Well in fairness it's got Brock Lesnar too. He is the main event when he's there for the most part. The 4 way goes on last, no question... and rightly so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The four way is the best, longest running story they have.

If anything, that solid match for a main event is why Smackdown are probably allowed do something "fresh" like Nakamura vs Jinder. That match wouldn't, at the moment, be let on as a main event at a Smackdown only event, let along a joint one.

If Corbin does get involved, I desperately hope they do it mid match and have him steal it from Jinder and not ruin Naks first title win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Nak looks in his best WWE shape now, which is odd as they normally do the opposite on the road. I wonder who he travels with?

*above might my smarkiest post yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

DM_7 wrote: »
    Nak looks in his best WWE shape now, which is odd as they normally do the opposite on the road. I wonder who he travels with?

*above might my smarkiest post yet

Seems to be Tye from his social media posts

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KayJay86

Anyone else feel like the FFW has a serious amount of build up time with 3 Raws between its announcement and SS? Triple Threats or Singles with run ins could get really stale by 2 weeks time.

• Advertisement

They would be mental to put the belt on Corbin now. Nobody cares about him and he's not any good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nobody cares about him and he's not any good at all.

Enough about Jinder, what about Corbin?

There's an extra bit of Footage from this week's SD on the network, Basically Corbin attacks Nakamura and then Cena saves the day

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There's an extra bit of Footage from this week's SD on the network, Basically Corbin attacks Nakamura and then Cena saves the day

You would imagine that will make the air on their next show when they will then further it to build a Cena vs Corbin match at SS. Not a huge match for Corbin but he can then immediately dissapear to film the Transformers Bumblebee movie which he may not have been able to do so easily had he been in the main event scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Orton and Mahal collide in non-title Grudge Match
    WWE Champion Jinder Mahal and Randy Orton will collide tonight on SmackDown LIVE in a non-title grudge match. The rivalry between the two Superstars had been largely silent since their last meeting at WWE Battleground, when The Modern-Day Maharaja escaped the Punjabi Prison to retain his title, thanks to an assist from The Great Khali, who held Orton inside the massive structure.

Many thought their rivalry would be put on the back burner with both men focusing on separate matches at SummerSlam — Orton with Rusev and Mahal defending his title against Shinsuke Nakamura. These fierce rivals will clash again on SmackDown LIVE, however. Will the score be settled, or will one of the most intense rivalries in WWE continue on?

Shane McMahon to explain SummerSlam rules of engagement to Styles and Owens
    Last week’s United States Championship match ended in controversy, when the official missed Kevin Owens clearly getting his shoulder off the mat before the three-count, due to being hit in the eye moments earlier.

A furious Owens confronted SmackDown LIVE Commissioner Shane McMahon and General Manager Daniel Bryan, shoving the official and demanding a rematch with a fair official. Bryan granted Owens’ wish, but appointed McMahon as the special guest referee for the SummerSlam showdown with AJ Styles, which seemed to incense Owens even more.

With this rivalry reaching its boiling point, McMahon is laying down the law regarding his role as official at SummerSlam. The Commissioner will clear up any misconceptions either Superstar may have this Tuesday when he dishes out the rules of engagement on SmackDown LIVE.

Naomi clashes with Ms. Money in the Bank
    SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi continued to assert her dominance over the division last week, forcing Carmella to submit in tag team action.

Though she’s currently preparing to defend her title against Natalya at SummerSlam, Naomi will have to deal with Ms. Money in the Bank this week on SmackDown LIVE, as Carmella demanded a one-on-one battle.

Will Naomi put in a repeat performance of last week, or can Carmella weaken the champion and put herself closer to a potential cash-in?

Will Lana prove herself against Charlotte Flair?
    Despite her best intentions, Lana cost her and Tamina a tag team match with Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch. The Ravishing Russian vowed to make it up to Tamina, announcing her intention to challenge Charlotte Flair.

Lana’s wish has been granted, as she will take on The Queen on SmackDown. Will she be able to best the genetically superior Superstar, or will Charlotte make quick work of The Ravishing Russian?

Will Tyler Breeze solve the mystery in return to Fashion Peaks
    Tyler Breeze’s search for his missing partner, Fandango, led him down a disturbing path last Tuesday. Prince Pretty’s journey into “Fashion Peaks” went viral, as the search for Fandango got attention from outlets like Entertainment Weekly, TV Guide and even Twin Peaks star Kyle MacLachlan.

Tonight on SmackDown, Breeze is venturing back into the strange world of Fashion Peaks. Will he find his missing partner and close the case? Pour yourself a damn fine cup of coffee and tune in to SmackDown LIVE.

SKY SPORTS ARENA, 01:00

Well I sure was hoping to never see Randy and Jinder again.

Skippable episode if there ever was one.

Well I sure was hoping to never see Randy and Jinder again.

Skippable episode if there ever was one.

Dragging out the Orton/Jinder "feud" (read wake up call when it's over please) well past it's sell by. I mean 2 weeks out from Summerslam and, jesus they should focus on building their new feuds, Shinsuke & Rusev respectively, but no you'll get Mahal/Orton # whatever. And you'll like it DAMN IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Im guessing non title = Orton going over, hopefully to make him look strong so he can take a loss to Rusev

Maybe Borin' Corbin cashes in and the Jinder experiment gets canned?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

With a massive tour of India on the way, the WWE Championship is going absolutely nowhere before that.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    With a massive tour of India on the way, the WWE Championship is going absolutely nowhere before that.

When is it

So it's likely he's retaining at Summerslam??? Could they do a title switch at the house show

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

September.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zilch opinion on this show?
    It was the usual effort lately. Fans annoyed me as they were in a cheer most heels(not just Jinder). I think most going to wwe shows are increasingly jaded hardcore trying to be kewl.
    Didn't understand why new day wanted to use chairs on the Uso's even with the numbers advantage.
    Lana's in ring career highlight is nearly depantsing Charlotte. I didn't understand why Carmella didn't cash in after she had just beat Naomi or why Jinder lost to Orton which leads to nothing.
    Clever use of the wwe library for the Owens & Styles segment. Pity we didn't see Gable after an impressive showing. Maybe he's been kidnapped by the same guy who has Ziggler & Harper.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Anal probes"
    That was a quick and strange resolution to the Tully mystery. It's like the wirters realised they don't actually have anyone to take the blame for attacking them.

It's as if the writers have no idea what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

PTH2009 wrote: »
    When is it

So it's likely he's retaining at Summerslam??? Could they do a title switch at the house show

Jinder is going to retain until tour is over. When he won and started playing up the whole Indian thing I knew it was going to be retain til tour is over. It sucks that product decisions are being made to boost a tour so transparently.

Once the tour is over Jinder will be destroyed by all and sundry and will be a mobbed again. Maybe if he is lucky he will be able to translate this to a discard position but I reckon he will be bobbing to Ty Dillinger once the tour of India is over.

To be honest it would be good for the product if the fans stayed out of forums and didn't know this stuff because once you know what's going on storylines become obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

ERG89 wrote: »
    Zilch opinion on this show?
    It was the usual effort lately. Fans annoyed me as they were in a cheer most heels(not just Jinder). I think most going to wwe shows are increasingly jaded hardcore trying to be kewl.

For the most part that is due to the fact that the WWE only know how to book heels these days.

Jinder is going to retain until tour is over. When he won and started playing up the whole Indian thing I knew it was going to be retain til tour is over. It sucks that product decisions are being made to boost a tour so transparently.

Once the tour is over Jinder will be destroyed by all and sundry and will be a mobbed again. Maybe if he is lucky he will be able to translate this to a discard position but I reckon he will be bobbing to Ty Dillinger once the tour of India is over.

To be honest it would be good for the product if the fans stayed out of forums and didn't know this stuff because once you know what's going on storylines become obvious.

Yeah, in this day and age, that is NEVER going to happen.

he could lose the title on a special episode of SD or the PPV after the tour. Get his rematch quickly after and lose it and then move back to the mid card with his anti american gimmick where he will stay til he leaves the company. The guy has prob made tons of $$$, will go down in the history books as a former WWE world champion and is a hero in india. Not bad for a former jobber but his heritage may of contributed to his rise a little bit :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah, in this day and age, that is NEVER going to happen.

True, I'm just saying it might be for the best for the fans enjoyment if it were to happen.

Advertisement