Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wow, what an absolutely pathetic way to use the one MITB contract we get all year (not including the Carmella obviously).

Just when I think the booking on Smackdown couldn't get any worse, they really outdo themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

martyos121 wrote: »
    Wow, what an absolutely pathetic way to use the one MITB contract we get all year (not including the Carmella obviously).

Just when I think the booking on Smackdown couldn't get any worse, they really outdo themselves.

It's really gone to the dogs since Road Dogg took charge of creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's really gone to the dogs since Road Dogg took charge of creative.

Agreed. You could visibly see the decline in quality as soon as it was made public that Road Dogg got on the writing team. I bet Vince couldn't stand the fact that Raw was being upstaged.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Corbin looked like an absolute idiot. I can only imagine they lost faith on him over the last few weeks, or realised they had no plans to put the title on him in the next few months, so decided to just get it over with now. He also telegraphed the angle with how he kept looking for Cena prior to the "interference".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Not sure why Cena would be happy he'd have a title match on Sunday if Corbin won

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Along with everything else being basically sh1t now on Smackdown are Rusev and Lana still being punished for going public about their relationship and marriage?

They were the most over thing in the WWE now look at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

At least Corbin gained a new nickname the last few weeks :rolleyes:
    As again they failed a talent far more than he failed them.
    Doesn't read like a good show to watch so I won't bother. Its a pity Styles barely wrestles on the show anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I Wonder if with neville and corbin dropping very quickly and suddenly do we have some wellness failures as both seem random and out of nowhere unless thats what they were going for.

Of course they could be doing it for baron to go nuts and take out cena on sunday and write him off TV

With Neville, I feel that was more a case of getting more eyes on the title change. Chances are that match is a preshow match, so pushing the switch to Raw meant everyone got to see it and it meant more as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Corbin being buried for tweeting meltzer back?
    He Looks awful now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Corbin being buried for tweeting meltzer back?
    He Looks awful now..

That, and calling a Vet a loser. It couldn't have happened to a more boring, generic, personalty vacuum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

When I saw the notification on my phone, it really didn't do justice to how ****ty the loss was. A terrible looking roll up and losing in about 5 seconds to a man who only a few minutes before had (basically) got laid out by Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

FFS what a waste of the brief case, worse cash in since Damien Sandow. I can see poor Corbin going to same way as Sandow now

There all trying to keep in the laughing during Jindars opening promo when the lady started singing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

paulie21 wrote: »
    Not sure why Cena would be happy he'd have a title match on Sunday if Corbin won

Cena would have the night off. Nakamura was number one contender and his title shot would have been against Corbin instead of Mahal.

i wonder will Corbin try and plead about How Cena interferred in the cash in etc ???

Could we see Corbin losing it at Summerslam and writing Cena off TV for a while ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i wonder will Corbin try and plead about How Cena interferred in the cash in etc ???

Could we see Corbin losing it at Summerslam and writing Cena off TV for a while ??

Does cena have any films coming up?

That transformers spin off thing??

That, and calling a Vet a loser. It couldn't have happened to a more boring, generic, personalty vacuum.

Oh Jesus that's never going to be good insulting a vet in wwe

He's one of the leads in the new Transformers prequel, which is currently shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

sky88 wrote: »
    Oh Jesus that's never going to be good insulting a vet in wwe

Who did Corbin insult? What was the circumstances?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Who did Corbin insult? What was the circumstances?

was going by jericholics post about he insulted a millitary vet havent seen the comment myself.

but he did seem to be going after cena and finn and of course meltzer during the weekend but seemed like fairly in character stuff to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote:
    but he did seem to be going after cena and finn and of course meltzer during the weekend but seemed like fairly in character stuff to me.

Some guy said he'd never be as big as Meltzer in the industry. Corbin said he was a loser & commented on his Twitter wallpaper a small indie show. The guy then posted a pic of himself with Vince & Big Show in a military base, then Corbin apologised.
    Typical reminder at how crap it must be to work for the counter productive WWE who got their knickers in a twist about it like he took a dump in the guys helmet.

He may have been a bit drunk too. He tod Mojo to "die" and a few wrestlers that he works with actually blocked him on twitter. I didn't see an apology since he deleted all his tweets after that.

What an idiot.

He may have been a bit drunk too. He tod Mojo to "die" and a few wrestlers that he works with actually blocked him on twitter. I didn't see an apology since he deleted all his tweets after that.

What an idiot.

if thats the reason he lost the briefcase hes an idiot cause he was cashing in this weekend for sure and probaley going into a program with shinsuke for most of the remainder of the year that could have made him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We'll know if Cena squashes him on Sunday and with all the rumours, I wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

At least any burial or demotion of Corbin leaves room for another heel near the top of the card

Better be Rusev

sky88 wrote: »
    if thats the reason he lost the briefcase hes an idiot cause he was cashing in this weekend for sure and probaley going into a program with shinsuke for most of the remainder of the year that could have made him.

I'd be surprised if that was in the plans. Jinder will keep the belt until the wwe finishes their India tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

At least any burial or demotion of Corbin leaves room for another heel near the top of the card

Better be Rusev

Rusev so far beyond him it's not even funny. Hopefully you're right.

• Advertisement

I think it'll be Nak winning, with AJ turning heel at Summerslam leaving the fued of the century to enjoy. India didn't make a dent in the Network numbers so I think they'll give up that stupid idea now.

Advertisement