Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

martyos121 wrote: »
    Great job on making the spoiler tags utterly pointless. Some of us still like the surprises you know. :rolleyes:

It's ok, he said lol which is always hilarious. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So after American Alpha were compared to The World's Greatest Tag Team they replace the Shelton Benjamin of the team with Shelton Benjamin. He looks massive next to Chad. Wonder what he was going to say since he clearly hadn't planned on the tag team.

Was sure the Autors of Pain would come out to the Usos. Maybe next week

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have a feeling Shelton will turn on Gable

• Registered Users Posts: 60,627 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And then Shelton say he is Jordan's Daddy not Kurt.

Then Charlie Haas returns to say he is Gable's Daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm really enjoying The Usos of late. I always thought they were good wrestlers but they seemed very bland as babyfaces. Now though it feels like they have everything in place: the look, style, promos, catchphrases, cool theme music. They're definitely my favourite tag team right now. I hope they are given a good title reign.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm really enjoying The Usos of late. I always thought they were good wrestlers but they seemed very bland as babyfaces. Now though it feels like they have everything in place: the look, style, promos, catchphrases, cool theme music. They're definitely my favourite tag team right now. I hope they are given a good title reign.

After they were very same-ish for years, I'm honestly surprised how well they've done to become interesting again. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think The Uso's are just being allowed to be themselves or at least OTT verisons of themselves. Their speech seems more natural and thus they look so much more comfortable.

Usually the most succesful wrestlers are the ones allowed to be themselves to an extent. Its working wonders for the Uso's as apposed to their "Look! We are tribal Samoans" gmmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And then Shelton say he is Jordan's Daddy not Kurt.

Then Charlie Haas returns to say he is Gable's Daddy.

Shelton Benjamin and Charlie haas vs Jason Jordan and chad gable would be an unreal match.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Shelton Benjamin and Charlie haas vs Jason Jordan and chad gable would be an unreal match.

dream booking and very easy booking trade shelton and Gable to Raw have them still tag but play up the friendship between american alpha, shelton gets frustrated at Gable taking the eye off the ball to have the craic with his pal Jordan and Gable reunite giving shelton a beating in the process and bring back Haas for a dream wrestlemania tag match with Angle as guest ref

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Only if it was in Monday Night Grappling :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Jinder joke has gone on for far too long.

Fecking absurd that he's still champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

J. Marston wrote: »

Ewe tours India in September. Once the tour is over he will be dropped like yesterday's news. If he is lucky he will retain til the next Ppv. If not once the tour is over 30 second defeat in a horseshow somewhere followed by a rematch the next night where he loses in 30 seconds again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If he holds it to the next SD PPV his reign will have been longer than AJ Styles' reign. Ridiculous. So much good talent on SD and so many not being used to the best of their ability and Jinder is the champion.

Wish USADA would come in and test him 3 times in a week to get rid of him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know what that is!
    What's that?
    It's a title!
    No, no. It's a belt.

Loved the meta jokes. Fashion files are the one thing I'll watch without speeding through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am pretty sure Buff Bagwell will be looking for a royalties cheque after this week Fashion Files. :pac:

Randy Orton will stand tall over all the foreigners Jinder, Rusev & Nakamura

USA USA USA USA USA USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I don't watch NXT but is Roode's character just saying the word Glorious repeatedly 200 times?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ERG89 wrote: »
    I don't watch NXT but is Roode's character just saying the word Glorious repeatedly 200 times?

I think, or hope, he's deleberatly being obnoxious with the repetition to turn the crowd against him...

Hope the Indian market is worth it...

mqjlr6qa6wiz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Was that smackdown last night ? That's bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I think, or hope, he's deleberatly being obnoxious with the repetition to turn the crowd against him...

I think the best way to turn the crowd against him is to stop using the theme. Do the intro bit, then just have it lead into something else.

Honestly Jinder isn't a major issue he a small part of the problem it's the whole Fed that broken.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fashion Files is one of the best things WWE has these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Quite like the frustrated Dolph Ziggler character

Ziggler is absolute shíte, in my eyes. Bottom of the barrel.

Gives the same promo every few months shouting about how "he's giving it all he's got" and he's doing the same again now just with some extra little meta references.

Wish he'd just go away.

So while Jinder talks, the fans chant USA, then cheer when a Japanese guy comes out.

Shelton back in the WWE for the first time in many years and we hear nothing about how we can't stop him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So while Jinder talks, the fans chant USA, then cheer when a Japanese guy comes out.

Shelton back in the WWE for the first time in many years and we hear nothing about how we can't stop him.

Yea wish they would have had Gable and Benjamin have separate entrances so we could hear his theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hope the Indian market is worth it...

mqjlr6qa6wiz.jpg

god that is a terrible attendence

Heard Zigglers contract is up in October and he intends on leaving to try his look in Japan and The indies and other projects

So who would be the big names on Smackdown? Raw now has the likes of Cena and Brock. SD has AJ and Owens?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So who would be the big names on Smackdown? Raw now has the likes of Cena and Brock. SD has AJ and Owens?

Orton is their go to guy on Smackdown.

He would be the number 2/3 guy behind Cena for the whole company I would think.

Advertisement