Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mahal cracking a joke there

Still they whole promo fell flat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Big pop for Ronda there. I keep saying this but this Horsewomen feud can be really big by modern WWE standards. Some further shenanigans likely later on given Becky, Bayley, Charlotte are all there for the Mae Young final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Vince.. yikes! He's mental. Good show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Vince is insane does he realise he's a 70 year old man

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That headbutt was insane. I knew the beatdown had to be coming, especially after "the promise", but damn.

• Advertisement

**** KO is cruel but Awsome

He has got some rub of the green there and he is going to be a huge heel going forward

Are they going too drag brother/son in law Triple H into this ???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Taking a legit headbutt at 72 and letting a fatty like Owens give him a Frogsplash afterwards.

Vince is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sandow did Ziggler's new gimmick better.

A4ZO8sF.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Was half expecting Jinder to do the 'me so solly' Krusty bit talking about Nakamura.
    What a miserable experience it is watching him flatline every week.

I liked how they used Ziggler and English effectively with Owens storyline on this show.
    A part of me wanted to see Owens try hit Vince with a pop up powerbomb. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Vince....what a hero!!!

Also new day uso match was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

sky88 wrote: »
    Vince is insane does he realise he's a 70 year old man

He just proved he still has the grapefruits, ha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That is just wrong.

I ****ing hate headbutts in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

DM_7 wrote: »
    That is just wrong.

I ****ing hate headbutts in wrestling.

Don't work yourself into a shoot brother!

Ah no when used sparingly they're awesome I think. Angle on Joe on his debut in TNA, Angle doing it in ECW vs Justin Credible was class too. Very very odd time and you keep it as a killer move. I can imagine Vince saying lay it into me godammit while they were shaking hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To think we would get to a point where Daniel Bryan has a seemingly casual conversation with Vince backstage and then Owens makes Vince bleed and beats him down.

So is the Gable/Benjamin team meant to be setting up to fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

giphy.gif

My favourite moment from Smackdown

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

In light of what happened to Shibata I found the headbutt on Vince to be really tasteless and unnecessary. In my view headbutts (as in legit ones, not worked ones) need to be done away with, just like chair shots to the head.

I really don't understand the mentality of Vince to ban chair shots to the head and then subject himself to a brutal legit headbutt. The angle was well done, but I was stunned they went with that.

Very disappointed as well to see The Usos losing their titles so quickly. They are just starting to get a bit of buzz and momentum and straight away there's a title change. I guess the rumours that they want to make New Day the team with the most title wins are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I really don't understand the mentality of Vince to ban chair shots to the head and then subject himself to a brutal legit headbutt.

He isn't going to sue himself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was wondering when the first person here would object to how they approached that spot. Dave Meltzer considered it totally stupid and despite me being into it when I watched it I have to say upon reflection I can't help but agree. No matter how they prepped it before hand for blood that Headbutt had a huge amount of force behind it and was delivered to a 72 year old man.

Vince might be one hell of a tough SOB but in light of all the concussion, Daniel Bryan, Shibata etc stuff it just leaves a bad taste to see Vince doing that and that is despite knowing the old mentality he has and approach of never asking anyone to do something he himself wouldn't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

If they got a cut ready, so that only the slightest contact would re-open it, I doubt there was much force behind Owens' headbutt.

Obviously not an option going into a match, but for a promo I'd say they could have something prepared.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Neil3030 wrote: »
    If they got a cut ready, so that only the slightest contact would re-open it, I doubt there was much force behind Owens' headbutt.

Obviously not an option going into a match, but for a promo I'd say they could have something prepared.

I am sure they had something prepared as you suggest but watching that headbutt, zoomed in, in slow mo etc, no matter how its played back it looks like Owens really cracks him. I don't doubt that Vince is fine but at his age he really shouldn't be doing that, not that anyone is ever going to stop him.

I have no issues with it. Vince is clearly behind it and we can all imagine him telling Owens to go for it.

Pushing the boundaries like that every once in a blue moon is okay with me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd also point out that it wasn't something they glorified. The headbut was carried out by a coward who was attacking a 72 year old man. It was portrayed as a heinous act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Setting things up nicely for vinnie mac vs kevin owens at mania 34 in a buried alive match !

ricero wrote: »
    Setting things up nicely for vinnie mac vs kevin owens at mania 34 in a buried alive match !

Christ no

Prob leading to a Triple H vs KO match at mania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Christ no

Prob leading to a Triple H vs KO match at mania

tenor.gif

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

ricero wrote: »
    tenor.gif

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

They could also go another way about this. We could also get a Team KO vs Team McMahon at Survivor Series where the whole McMahon family is against KO until it turns out at Survivor Series that Steph/Triple H were working with KO the whole time and there all trying to eliminate Vince/Shane and take the company over themselves. It could lead too a Shane vs Triple H mania match with the winner getting complete control of the company

away from this i actually like Dolph Ziggler atm and find it a bit funny (in the cat of its so bad its good) but i feel he has told WWE he is not renewing his contract in October and this character is perfect for a surprise walkout. One night he could say kayfabe '**** you wwe' and walk out.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2017-09-19

Preview for tonight

Looking forward to seeing Whats next in the Shane vs KO story ??? Could we see the Offical return of Stephanie (hope not)

I wonder when Zach Ryder is going to turn on Mojo ???

Getting sick of Jinder Mahal and his World title run. Were doomed if Nakamura loses at HIAC

Where is Nakamura ??..

That was bacisally the same promo as last week by Mahal and it was a little racist towards Japanese people

Feck sake HIAC is not til 8th October so we have another 3 weeks of these racial driven promos

• Advertisement

Good God look at lana 😉

Advertisement