Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Who silences the crowd more, Dolph or Jinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Always good to see some not so casual racism in the WWE.

Vince really embracing Trump's modern world.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Always good to see some not so casual racism in the WWE.

B.A. Star. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Carmella...

Knlu7ON.gif

Also, they need to push Rusev properly, he's hilarious and threatening. Wasted being a generic foreign heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Awful, awful show. A positive that may come out of it is that Jinder's racist garbage is getting some bad publicity, so they may have to take the belt off him.

And that's pathetic even by WWE's standards, if it takes that to make them see that he's not championship material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

One glimmer of hope - maybe a "RUSEV NUMBER 1" chant/gimmick can become a thing.

Neil3030 wrote:
    One glimmer of hope - maybe a "RUSEV NUMBER 1" chant/gimmick can become a thing.

They really never did enough with Handsome Rusev previously so hope they do with this.
    I enjoyed the main event even if it was rushed & the Owens/Shane promos were very good imo.
    The rest of the show was tired & poor at times. I kinda miss the Breezango stuff as it was something different.
    I don't mind Corbin but he's not getting pushed so I don't understand why Styles is wasted being associated with this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was Rusev asking what elated meant part of his character or did he just not know offhand?

It was a good job Nattie and all came out or the show wold've been finishing up about 20 mins early with no main event.

Looks like Zack's not turning on Mojo yet and they're going to try something new for now.

If Ziggler wants a reaction, he needs to do what he did last week and just come out to someone else's music instead of his own first. They were chanting for Punk, so he should just do that if in Chicago soon. Still no idea where they're going with this.

So why are they showing MitB matches? Is it just because the pizza hut prmotion is putting money in the bank?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was Rusev asking what elated meant part of his character or did he just not know offhand?

I'm not sure but I loved it!
    If Ziggler wants a reaction, he needs to do what he did last week and just come out to someone else's music instead of his own first. They were chanting for Punk, so he should just do that if in Chicago soon. Still no idea where they're going with this.

I suspect it's to set up a rather Roode awakening for young Dolph, eventually.

I actually forgot clean about Roode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I actually forgot clean about Roode

he must be doing dark matches or something, has not been on TV for a few weeks now ???

yeah the plan is for Dolph vs Roode going by rumours and house show listings. I guess the rumour of Ziggler leaving in October is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Eh, Mahal's racist garbage was supposed to be hypocritical. Unlike most other times - Shelton Benjamin to Yo****atsu or Triple H to Booker T - it came from character rather just cheap heat. (And it was, I think, also a self-aware dig at Mahal's own lack of range.)

It's supposed to be carried through to Hell in a Cell and, ideally, end with a Kinshasa though I wouldn't trust WWE not to do WM19 again and have Mahal's interminable reign continue. With the reaction to it, we may have had to go through that segment for nothing as well.

Ridley wrote: »
    Eh, Mahal's racist garbage was supposed to be hypocritical. Unlike most other times - Shelton Benjamin to Yo****atsu or Triple H to Booker T - it came from character rather just cheap heat. (And it was, I think, also a self-aware dig at Mahal's own lack of range.)

It's supposed to be carried through to Hell in a Cell and, ideally, end with a Kinshasa though I wouldn't trust WWE not to do WM19 again and have Mahal's interminable reign continue. With the reaction to it, we may have had to go through that segment for nothing as well.

My main issue is that Nakamura comes across as a total flake (or a total coward) in all of this. That's two weeks in a row Mahal has made racially charged insults towards Nakamura, and the latter just stays backstage?

Unfortunately even if Nakamura wins, we still have the rematch to build.

Have to laugh at the censoring of Tatsu's name here

Unfortunately even if Nakamura wins, we still have the rematch to build.

Have to laugh at the censoring of Tatsu's name here

Hopefully it might be one of those quick rematches on the SD after in which Jinder loses and he leaves the title picture then ?

Or someone interferes attacking Nakamura to set up that feud and Jinder is either forgotten about or is in a triple threat to get pinned and pushed out.

Meant to say, Becky got a great reaction when her music hit

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Or someone interferes attacking Nakamura to set up that feud and Jinder is either forgotten about or is in a triple threat to get pinned and pushed out.

Meant to say, Becky got a great reaction when her music hit

Best thing they can do is ignore Jinder's rematch clause.

They have a ready made replacement opponent in Rusev #1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Loughc wrote: »
    Best thing they can do is ignore Jinder's rematch clause.

Throwaway rematch on the Smackdown after HiaC. ;)

WWE getting some mainstream blowback over Jinder's god-awful promo...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/09/20/wwe-has-dealt-with-racism-before-but-a-scripted-rant-has-fans-chanting-thats-too-far/

Hopefully they panic and make Jinder a jobber again, because that experiment has been an unmitigated disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I don't want Jinder to be a jobber, I would be very happy with him and AJ switching positions. AJ as the world champ and face of the brand, with Jinder as the evil foreigner US champ to help build up a mid card face. He still has a great look, and now having had a fairly long title reign, would give legitimacy to any up and comer that beats him.

• Advertisement

Jinder getting main street press Vince will have him headlining WM.

Smackdown going to sh1t in general is more on Road Dogg than Jinder is doesn't have much to work with when they give him sh1t like that to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

No posts during the show bloody hell ye all missed the return of the undertaker

Owens to Shane come on "Motherfcuker" they muted just as mother finished and fcuker came out.

You're guaranteed all these non American spirit ceremonies end in positive shenanigans

Please please please make Nakamura win the title and get it as far away as Jinder as possible. Same goes with the Us Title on Styles he needs to be in the main event (wwe title) picture. A us title run might help Corbin, anyone else getting the feeling of Tye Dillinger turning on Styles ???

Another hugely successful week for the Jinder era...

https://twitter.com/RobbieBarstool/status/912842250354413570

The single moment when Owens pushed Zayn in front of Shane was more intelligent creatively than the entire 115 minutes of the show before it combined.

at least Bobby Roode is back and Nakamura actually appeared in the ring. Im sick to death of Zayn vs KO

3 shows in a row for the long haired mega fan guy this week, same seat too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PTH2009 wrote: »
    at least Bobby Roode is back and Nakamura actually appeared in the ring. Im sick to death of Zayn vs KO

3 shows in a row for the long haired mega fan guy this week, same seat too

He's been going to shows for years and nearly always in front row.

Whatever happened sign guy? Not seen him in ages...

Advertisement