Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    Would love to know how many Indian network subscribers there are.

I remember Jinder was on Jerichos podcast and when he left WWE initially, he and Khali ran shows in india that drew big. Take that for what its worth, but WWE seem to be thinking theres a market there for their product in India.

Only time will tell if its a savvy move placing Jinder so high on the card in recent months, but i wouldnt dismiss it as a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The big issue is for me, is when he drops the belt they won't keep him as a top of the card wrestler and He'll plummet quickly to the lower mid card again.

I'd like to be proven wrong. but I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I would think very few. They get all the TV shows and PPVs for free on one of their TV stations over there

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I say give Sami a run with the title, see how he fairs :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I say give Sami a run with the title, see how he fairs :p

Sami SHOULD be winning some sort of title imo, to justify his decision to switch. If he starts following the "Kevin Owens Way" and sees immediate returns, then that helps his character massively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im very interested to see Sami work a match as a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Is Shane McMahon legit injured after his match with Owens?

There seems to be conflicting reports online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Not enough to make any difference whatsoever. The numbers are 1.3 million WORLDWIDE paid subscribers. Same number as always. It's been a big failure, they are only doing 2 shows in India and neither have sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Officer999 wrote: »
    Is Shane McMahon legit injured after his match with Owens?

There seems to be conflicting reports online.

Looks like you have been worked, brother.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Daily Mail ran stories his injuries were legit too. But the genuine wrestling news sites haven't posted much I can think of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Not enough to make any difference whatsoever. The numbers are 1.3 million WORLDWIDE paid subscribers. Same number as always. It's been a big failure, they are only doing 2 shows in India and neither have sold out.

Yeah Jinder not really got much going for him, not even born in India ffs! A generic heel who needs help to win all his matches doesn't really seem an obvious punt to break a new market.

Khali at least had a genuine attraction despite all his horrors in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who knows about Shane's injuries but it is pretty believable that he would be legit hurt. There is only so much you can do to make jumping 20ft on to your side safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was wondering why they seemingly protect AJ by using Tye in the title match only to have him lose to Corbin anyway a couple nights later

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

- A few weeks ago Fashion Files were announced to return the SmackDown before HIAC
    - During that SmackDown, Michael Cole announced they would return at HIAC instead
    - Vignette at HIAC teases a new Pulp Fiction gimmick announced to start on the following SmackDown
    - This episode passes without a mention of them

It must be a complete mindf**k working under McMahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Neil3030 wrote: »
    - A few weeks ago Fashion Files were announced to return the SmackDown before HIAC
    - During that SmackDown, Michael Cole announced they would return at HIAC instead
    - Vignette at HIAC teases a new Pulp Fiction gimmick announced to start on the following SmackDown
    - This episode passes without a mention of them

It must be a complete mindf**k working under McMahon.

Typical US scheduling taking random week breqks between episodes of a series. I think they did mention it though. Can't remember what they said though.
    Maybe because FaBreeze were involved in the opening, the latest episode was postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

So the tour of India is over but I just saw that Jinder will be back on December 8th and 9th which makes me think (hopefully it doesn't happen) that WWE will keep the belt on him until after then :mad:

kopite386 wrote: »
    So the tour of India is over but I just saw that Jinder will be back on December 8th and 9th which makes me think (hopefully it doesn't happen) that WWE will keep the belt on him until after then :mad:

There was no tour, Dec 8th an 9th IS the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I honestly think jinders going to hold on to the title untill mania vs cena

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

sky88 wrote: »
    I honestly think jinders going to hold on to the title untill mania vs cena

Cena vanquishes dominant foreign heel champion at Mania, in predictable fashion. For 'Murica.

I feel like I've seen that somewhere before...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Super Cena, 5 moves of doom, win.

Anyone but Jinder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

There was no tour, Dec 8th an 9th IS the tour.

Oh I saw that he was in India and assumed it was the tour - that's more time fast forwarding smackdown every time he comes on then

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Excited to see Sami Zayn have stuff to sink his teeth in to

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Owens and Zayn together is the team I never knew I wanted so badly. Smackdown is truly great again, that was a deadly show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

martyos121 wrote: »
    Cena vanquishes dominant foreign heel champion at Mania, in predictable fashion. For 'Murica.

I feel like I've seen that somewhere before...:(

And beats Flair's record in the process to become the greatest ever champion in wres, sports entertainment history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

They really are making a bollox of Roode's first feud. Awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Michael Cole filling in for Tom Phillips for the next few weeks

Vince is really a bitter bastard the way he books ex TNA talent like Roode, Joe, Aries etc. Styles got lucky but he is being feed too Jinder Mahel for the next few weeks Christ. Styles said Mahel never beat him but he did on an episode of SD a few months ago (WWE must think were all stupid)

so the Survivor Series theory is true and there will be riots if Mahel wins it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cole: "it will be the first time an Indian champion will defend the WWE title on his home soil"

I really hope that is a mistake otherwise it's already decided that Jinder is retaining until mid December at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So shane is back next week, wonder will he bring his brother in law along with him anytime soon

There was no more than 500 people that showed up to see Jinder in India. What a success story that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There was no more than 500 people that showed up to see Jinder in India. What a success story that is.

Much like last years Wrestlemania i think it was when they "broke" their record, WWE's spin department will probably no doubt add another 0 in front of that 500.

Advertisement