Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There was no more than 500 people that showed up to see Jinder in India. What a success story that is.

So roughly 0.0000005% of his home country gives a shît about him.

Yes, I did the maths. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So what was with all this BS of the airports in India being packed just too see him arrive ???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can probably hire a 100 actors for twenty bucks over there...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cole: "it will be the first time an Indian champion will defend the WWE title on his home soil"

I really hope that is a mistake otherwise it's already decided that Jinder is retaining until mid December at least.

I was thinking this as well until I realised he'll be fighting in a non title match at the next PPV which is at Survivor Series and the tour takes place just a couple weeks later. So can hope he loses at Clash of Champions on Dec 17.

Was disappointed that Zayn didn't say he had a better beard than Bryan.

Didn't think Fashion Files was great this week. Though never thought I would enjoy watching Ascension, yet Fashion Files made them enjoyable.
    Did like the Reservoir Cenas though, with Mr Blonde being hidden

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote:

WWE will probably pay them in network subscriptions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Lord TSC wrote: »

Outsourcing their fan base......could damn well work.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2017-10-24

Preview for this week's show which is going to be the most confusing episode of SD as bacisally almost the entire SD roster teamed up to attack the raw locker room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭xpletiv

that show was absolute pants and im ashamed i stayed up to watch it expecting another WTF moment like on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Can see KO and Sami letting Raw into the building before Survivor Series and causing Team SmackDown to get pulverised. Something devious like staging a decoy to get security offside. Makes sense from their POV. Can see them then interfering in the 5 on 5 at the event itself and the feud with Shane going on.

Nice to see a bit of character development for Chad Gable, wish the commentary made more of his attack on Jason Jordan on Monday but they did a good job of it tonight.

Strange that we're getting heel vs heel champion matches at Survivor Series but it's something different.

xpletiv wrote: »
    that show was absolute pants and im ashamed i stayed up to watch it expecting another WTF moment like on monday.

Don't know why anyone would stay up for WWE in 2017, even if I was used to staying up late i'd never be able to watch it without fast forwarding the breaks or dull segments.
    Plus they upload anything significant on YouTube practically straight away.

• Advertisement

Man, I really hated the blue-balls ending. Teasing Raw guys would show up and then the show ends with just "Huh, guess they aren't".

If you're running that story, you need some other form of twist or something, cause now it just feels like I wasted my time watching until the end....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Probably why they played that card so early, get people tuning into meh shows in anticipation of a followup.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Can’t see Raw invading till Big Dog Reigns is back

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Right thing to do really.

The visual of the proper Shield leading the invading Raw would be cool.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Right thing to do really.

The visual of the proper Shield leading the invading Raw would be cool.

I get why they held it off.

My issue is they shouldn't have been taunting it if it wasn't going to happen. And I mean overly taunting it, as in showing the shots of the garage door, constant mentions of the security guards, etc.

Say it will come sooner or later, fine. But they built the entire show on teasing the angle and then didn't carry through, and ended the show with a damp "huh, guess we were wrong". The execution is shoddy writing imo.

It will be a great moment, though, when the Shield's theme hits out of the blue and the trio invade the show.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It will be a great moment, though, when the Shield's theme hits out of the blue and the trio invade the show.

Is anyone else worried they could recycle Stone Cold Steve Austin's return from the Invasion and have Roman Reigns come out to "save" Raw some week?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see a similar situation happening just before SS in order to make Roman look strong in order to save Raw

Is anyone else worried they could recycle Stone Cold Steve Austin's return from the Invasion and have Roman Reigns come out to "save" Raw some week?

Id be amazed if they didnt , They will prob tease of but will Roman be ready to return blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't know why that would be a worry? The audience wanted the Shield reunion and it was thwarted by unfortunate circumstances. If the WWE play their cards right then Reigns coming back to save Rollins and Ambrose could be a fantastic moment.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Can see KO and Sami letting Raw into the building before Survivor Series and causing Team SmackDown to get pulverised. Something devious like staging a decoy to get security offside. Makes sense from their POV. Can see them then interfering in the 5 on 5 at the event itself and the feud with Shane going on.

That would actually be awesome and would make total storyline sense, assuming Owens loses to Nakamura next week. I really hope this is the direction.

The raw crew would be flying to Europe next Tuesday so they wont be on Next weeks episode of SD and the following week they would in unavailable due to touring. So the only episode they can appear on is the 14th Nov one (the SS go home show) ???

It'll turn out Cole and Graves are the inside men for Raw and they'll start secretly taking out the Smackdown guys.

So when are these title matches they're building meant to take place?

• Advertisement

Jolly Ranchers - "keep on sucking"
    Someone out there had a good laugh at others expense.
    A bizarre show to watch really. Shane seems far less annoyed at Zayn & Owens than expected. Main event was flat as despite the show having half an hour left the entrances, ad breaks took it's toll on what could have been a good match.
    Corbin will no doubt continue to be booked bizarrely after beating Styles clean he struggled again against Sin Cara.
    I enjoyed Natalia's ring introduction I like an arrogant Hart family member :p
    Jinder got sent to the back & probably barely made it before the AJ match ended.
    Roode's catchphrase is already done to death, WWE can cool guys as quick now as I can ever remember them doing. A reverse midas touch, which is why they had to use Kane (50), HHH & Angle (48) last week to get out of a jam.
    Fashion Dogs was...what it was. Strangerer Things will have Breeze dressed up as Eleven & a well produced intro anyway.

Is Roode on a revolving stage thing for the start of his entrance???

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So nearly 3 pm and just one post from 10 minutes into the start of the show.

Guessing it's not worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brother Love on Smackdown.

Bruce may get a HoF place yet.

Becky is team captain yet still that segment was about Charlotte.

And I noticed Sami is attacking fans now

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/925547261630779392

When I saw it, I thought he got his hands up but when watched again I noticed he got it in the face

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Becky is team captain yet still that segment was about Charlotte.

And I noticed Sami is attacking fans now

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/925547261630779392

When I saw it, I thought he got his hands up but when watched again I noticed he got it in the face

Wwe could be in a bit of bother over that as it's not the fans fault

Yeah i was watching him after that. He still got into the match, cheering and all, but he kept putting his hand to his face as you usually do to see if you're bleeding. As soon as the match was over he seemed to disappear so I thought someone had come and got him, but he was there again a minute later

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I wonder would anything come of it? Bit careless from Sami

I remember once Lesnar was taking the monitors out of the commentators table before putting someone through it, and through them across the ring and into the crowd on the far side of the ring because Lesnar. That surely done a bit of damage and I'd say the people close to it were invited backstage quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Didn't someone take a bump from the door he ripped off the J&J-mobile as well?

• Advertisement

I expect there are a few incidents. Like how often do we see guys just throwing chairs out of the ring over the top rope with enough force to miss the floor. It did look like Sami stopped himself from going to the fan since he had to stay in character

Advertisement