Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep, certainly the way I would book it. Which means it's not going to be how they book it.

i actually wait and have sami and owens cost smackdown the match at survivor series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's going to be Bryan behind it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's going to be Bryan behind it all!

Or his evil twin, The American Dragon Bryan Danielson, who’s brain is perfectly healthy and able for many wrestling matches.

You may laugh, but it’s probably the only storyline that could convince VKM to let him back in the ring.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jinder won't be dropping the title to AJ, I imagine the match will end due to the RAW locker room invading Smackdown.

I think Raw actually have a house show the same night, AND I doubt they'd blow that angle on a pre-recorded episode. I'd see them saving it till the live go-home show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky vs Ellsworth apparently...

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/927560681288818688

Bit surprising, thought WWE were staunchly anti-intergender matches.

Although I doubt they'll allow Ellsworth to get any offence in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:
    Bit surprising, thought WWE were staunchly anti-intergender matches.
    Although I doubt they'll allow Ellsworth to get any offence in.

I thought that match was coming after the MITB match months ago.
    I figure they'll call it an interspecies match.
    Especially with Ellsworth dressing up as a dog now. I don't get why Carmella is treating him like one after kissing him but errrrm to each their own I guess. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Carmella will probably attack Becky before the match starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jinder won't be dropping the title to AJ, I imagine the match will end due to the RAW locker room invading Smackdown.

The raw roster are in a different country 2morrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The raw roster are in a different country 2morrow night

Thank feck, the same thought about Raw invading went through my head but it's good to know that'll it'll probably just end by Singh interference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Thank feck, the same thought about Raw invading went through my head but it's good to know that'll it'll probably just end by Singh interference

Everybody can enjoy that.

• Advertisement

Everybody can enjoy that.

Well I'm gonna be a shmuck and download SD first thing Tuesday mornin and watch it and go mad when AJ gets close

If you're not in to try and enjoy it whats the point I suppose

Thank god for the time being Jinders title reign is over. Also the first time I can say that it was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thank fúcking Christ it's over. Jinder is awful and his reign was awful.

If Brock isn't a lazy arse, him and AJ could be great.

Apparently two title matches, Natalya vs Charlotte and Corbin vs Sin Cara, are set for next week on Smackdown so it looks like WWE only realised this morning that "Oh shít, all our champs are heels."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

SPOILERS
    Shane McMahon kicks off the show. McMahon said that it was not Smackdown’s intent for Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose to lose their titles but those things happen when you are under siege. McMahon said that Daniel Bryan will return next week. Shane McMahon and Sami Zayn come out and rip on McMahon and they say that Team Smackdown cant win because McMahon is their captain. McMahon makes a match….

Kofi Kingston defeated Sami Zayn. Owens tried to interfere but New Day prevented him.

Backstage interview with Jinder Mahal and then another Bludgeon Brothers vignette.

– Randy Orton defeated Rusev to officially earn a spot on Team Smackdown. This was originally supposed to be Rusev vs. AJ Styles.

– Becky Lynch defeated James Ellsworth with the disarmer. Other members of the women’s division were at ringside during this match. Carmella walked off out of disgust because Ellsworth lost.

– Carmella talks with Shane McMahon backstage. Natalya said that she would be willing to wrestle twice at Survivor Series…the match against Alexa Bliss and as part of Team Smackdown. Shane announced Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair for next week.

– Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin defeated The Usos by countout. The finish was abrupt because Jey Usos appeared to have been injured. He was limping to the backstage area after the match.

– AJ Styles vs. Jinder Mahal for the WWE Championship. Styles won with the Pheonomal Forearm and he is the new WWE Champion. Click here for more on this match.

Well just up the whole house including the cat :o

Survivor Series went from meh to OMG very quickly.

Styles vs Brock, and New Day vs Shield. Now THATs a god damn PPv card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yes, Yes, Yes to AJ.

Survivor Series is must watch now.

And they say **** all happens at UK shows

Very happy with Styles winning but feel there may be a twist in the tale. So heymens promo on Jinder was a complete waste of time and now he has to turn his attention too Styles. I wonder is Jinder in trouble for something ???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    And they say **** all happens at UK shows

Very happy with Styles winning but feel there may be a twist in the tale. So heymens promo on Jinder was a complete waste of time and now he has to turn his attention too Styles. I wonder is Jinder in trouble for something ???

Giving him a chance to win the belt back in India perhaps?

I've a feeling Jinder will be a 2 time champion before this year is out.

I reckon they realised Brock vs Jinder was a mismatch, so switched to Styles temporarily. I'd be shocked if Jinder doesn't win it back and then go on to Mania to face Cena.

There's posters out there of Cena in a ref's outfit between Brock and Jinder, so that looks like it was the original plan, even up to last Tuesday (since they announced Styles vs Rusev originally, and changed on Wednesday).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Won't lie, for a while there I thought WWE would make us suffer through Jinder's reign of ****e until he held the belt longer than Punk did.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well the UK fans loved that anyway. It was good in 3 ways. Gets the title off Jinder, AJ is champ and AJ will face Brock.
    Unless Jinder wins it back next week. :)

Has Smackdown got so few stars that the Rusev match was only for his qualification? Unless the plan now is to give the fifth spot to Jinder. Makes sense to have a heel on the team.

Shane should've realised the reaction to the Daniel Bryan news. Though him trying to change it was a bad idea as well. Seems then the fans realised how it would come across show showed they support Bryan.

Great reaction for Becky. So is Ellsworth told to look unfit the same way Sheamus is told to stay pale?

Is that the first time they had a WWE title match, where the title changed hands yet we saw neither guy's entrance or intros?

CastorTroy wrote:
    Has Smackdown got so few stars that the Rusev match was only for his qualification? Unless the plan now is to give the fifth spot to Jinder. Makes sense to have a heel on the team.

Team Smackdown so far is compromised of acts that have cooled off so quick it's scary with the exception of Shane who has been in a hot angle this year. Hopefully one of them can gain something from Survivor Series as it's obvious they are setting up Jordan to turn & then Stephanie coming back to give out to Angle who is booked intentionally to look like an idiot so he can get emasculated by Stephanie like Foley was.

I wonder will the Singh Brothers be now thrown to the lower SD division and eventually be released as Jinder seemed to turn on them after losing the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

How dare the wwe take the belt off the modern day maharaja and deny us all a dream match of jinder vs the beast brock lesnar

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jinder will win the title back the Smackdown after Survivor Series this was just so he wouldn't have a match with Brock I'd guess.

Took me 5 minutes watching Smackdown to realise I'd way rather see Zayn & Owens vs Ambrose & Rollins.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ricero wrote: »
    How dare the wwe take the belt off the modern day maharaja and deny us all a dream match of jinder vs the beast brock lesnar

Eh speak for yourself there buddy :P

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is that the first time they had a WWE title match, where the title changed hands yet we saw neither guy's entrance or intros?

Was it like that on the live broadcast? Thought it was just my link trying to save time and size by cutting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Was it like that on the live broadcast? Thought it was just my link trying to save time and size by cutting it

Saw both entrances and in-ring introductions on Sky anyway.

Advertisement