Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Apparently the match isn't happening tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Was the rematch ever supposed to happen tonight?

I think the Jinder experiment is over

Theres no way they’d be calling AJ the best in ring performer of this generation unless theyre going to keep him on a top for a period, Paul Heyman has been hyping AJ up more than anyone in a long time

Then you also have Jinders match in India now being against Triple H, the experiment has to be done

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looking like
    ruby riot and Liv Morgan
    are going to be getting called up. Also word that
    a Raw woman is jumping brands to Smackdown, but not known who yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Looking like
    ruby riot and Liv Morgan
    are going to be getting called up. Also word that
    a Raw woman is jumping brands to Smackdown, but not known who yet.
    Becky leaving Smackdown? Maybe they do something with her being the captain and getting eliminated first.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so KO and Zayn were about to get fired by Shane but Daniel Bryan came out and put them in a lumberjack match vs the new day instead

The start of a Shane and Bryan fall out ???

• Advertisement

ohhh Shane trusting Bryan to run the rest of the show

Liv Morgon, Ruby Riot and Sarah Logan debuted tonight on SD and attacked Naomi and Becky Lynch

Either Becky was selling great or that bump off the container really hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Krooshma

what is it with Shane and his stuttering promos? Every time he is on he stammers and seems nervous at the beginning.. 
    and for someone who has been on wwe tv for years, Natalya is an appalling actor and her promos are just woeful

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone think they should have left Ruby Riot with shorter hair?? Feel she kinda looks a lot like Paige now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Sarah Logan impressed me in the MYC so glad to see her get a chance. The only comment I'll make about both team call ups is that they seem randomly put together. Hopefully at the very least they made sure they have chemistry.

It very much reminds me of the randomness of the revolution when it first began. I wouldn't expect either "teams" to be kept together for very long.

• Advertisement

Anyone think they should have left Ruby Riot with shorter hair?? Feel she kinda looks a lot like Paige now

I don't know what you're talking about.

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/933161700945260545

They could have at least waited 24 hours before running the "The goth, pretty blonde and tough brunette attack the champion" angle again...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It has all the makings of a “Who can book it better?” contest. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

martyos121 wrote: »
    It has all the makings of a “Who can book it better?” contest. :pac:

Maybe WWE have their own ATH competition running at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Loughc wrote: »
    Maybe WWE have their own ATH competition running at the moment?

Christ they wouldn’t last one round up against the standard in there, it’s excellent. I always think about putting the name in when it comes up, but then I see the ideas that people come up with and realise I’d be wiped out quickly. :o

I was trying to work out my frustration with this show and finally did.

What were the consequences of Smackdown losing Survivor Series? The Shane/Owens feud is still exactly where it was after HIAC really, and despite their efforts to say Owens and Zayn cost them, they interefered when it was Orton/Shane vs Brawn/Angle/HHH, so yeah, they were screwed by then anyway.

But what is the long term damage done by that loss? What were the consequences? What characters changed or developed as a result of what we watched?

Alexa, Mandy, Liv Morgan. Do WWE grow them in a lab?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Think they might do Kevin Owens team v Shane McMahon team with the loser leaving Smackdown with Bryan costing Shane the match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What were the consequences of Smackdown losing Survivor Series?

Three transfers instead of two in the Fantasy Team Thread ha.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

J. Marston wrote: »
    Alexa, Mandy, Liv Morgan. Do WWE grow them in a lab?

Add Carmella to that list. But yes it's the same lab that makes the dark haired vaguely exotic backstage interviewers.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Think they might do Kevin Owens team v Shane McMahon team with the loser leaving Smackdown with Bryan costing Shane the match

a moody heel Daniel Bryan could work and align him with KO and Zayn.
    Maybe WWE might have a change of heart and let him return to the ring but take minimal bumps

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

paulie21 wrote: »
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    a moody heel Daniel Bryan could work and align him with KO and Zayn.
    Maybe WWE might have a change of heart and let him return to the ring but take minimal bumps

This whole thing does seem to be leading to a Bryan heel turn. Having him as the leader of a stable with Owen & Zayn sounds good.

But I reckon it will ultimately leading to Bryan's on screen sacking for when his contract expires.

Loughc wrote: »
    This whole thing does seem to be leading to a Bryan heel turn. Having him as the leader of a stable with Owen & Zayn sounds good.

But I reckon it will ultimately leading to Bryan's on screen sacking for when his contract expires.

I imagine if Shane does leave wwe for a few months and Heel Bryan takes over SD leading to this. Shane will return and take charge. Who else could do a Commissioner/GM role if both Shane/Bryan are gone ????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Getting a team of Bryan/KO/Sami booed in 2017? Best of luck with that Vince.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Getting a team of Bryan/KO/Sami booed in 2017? Best of luck with that Vince.

This is Vince's logic here... he's prob thinking look at Sami & Bryan they're so small and Owens is fat... boo those people. God Damn it pal I'd boo them.

And it would make perfect sense that Vince would think Shane is more over than Bryan. The McMahons are fond of an auld ego massage from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was expecting Bryan to side with Sami and Owens at the end, but wasn't sure how it would happen.

So Baron Corbin suddenly has brand loyalty, despite being a lone wolf.

I hope the 2 sets of call ups happened the same week for a reason. I remember the talk before about a NXT invasion angle. With War Games at the weekend, it seems it would be good to build up to a Bragging Rights War Games PPV between the 3 brands with the men coming in over the next while as well.
    And what are you on about the women's angle being the same both nights. On Raw, the ring attack took place before the backstage attack while SD had the ring attack after the backstage attack.
    I would like to see Becky come out of nowhere for the rescue every week though. But not with the same ending. The door slamming looked painful. Like Alexa being rammed off everything last night looked.

I know we're not supposed to remember more than 3 months in the past, but "Harper and Rowan for the first time ever"? And in their best Kane gear.

I was reminded, though, that Psych the movie is on December 7th, which I had actually forgotten about. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

They've also gotten the name shortening treatment now, so no "Luke" or "Erick" any more. As the name shortenings go, that one seems particularly daft given they've been on the main roster for near enough 5 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They were saying Erick Rowan on commentary on Tuesday night definitely, heard them for sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/rowan

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/harper

WWE's website disagrees with the commentators then.

https://twitter.com/shanemcmahon/status/935525410112188418

Raw and Smackdown women's divisions...

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Natalya and Naomi to be beaten up backstage?

Advertisement