Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The James Ellsworth of WWECW came back last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so Daniel Bryan is now co speical guest ref for the Ko/Zayn vs RKO/Nak

I'm guessing this will happen
    Orton will go to RKO KO/Zayn but instead hit one on Nakamura and KO/Zayn will pin Nak and Bryan will count the win

Would love a full on Bryan heel turn and he attacks Shane and show ends with him raising KO/Zayns hands

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Would love a full on Bryan heel turn and he attacks Shane and show ends with him raising KO/Zayns hands

as would I.

the problem is that it wouldn't turn him heel. He'd just turn KO and Zayn babyface.

Remember, WWE have no fúcking clue how to book a babyface.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Could get a double turn of some sorts. Shane does everything to screw KO/Zayns to get them fired, attempts a couple of fast counts for count outs and pins. Bryan gets involved breaking up a pin that Shanes gonna fast count for the win and they start arguing. After that could have a number of endings but I'd go with Orton gets involved in their little argument and attempts to hit Bryan with an RKO but gets Shane or Zayn pushes Nakamura into Shane knocking him out of the ring and then Zayn rolls him up for the win.

Bryan comes out the next Smackdown and drops a promo talking about how the McMahons are all for themselves and how he thought Shane might be different but in the need he was just like the Authority who tried to keep him down and he could see similarities between how Steph and Triple H treated him to how Shane is letting his own ego get the better of him in his treatment of Owens/Zayn.

Bryans actions turn Owens/Zayn babyface and Shane, Orton and Nakamura turn heel. Nakamura isn't really doing anything so a small run as a heel in a feud with Zayn could be magic going by the match they had at Takeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Does Road Dogg still write Smackdown? I thought than other the end match it was all very poor.

I didn't even know there was a ppv this weekend until now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Does Road Dogg still write Smackdown? I thought than other the end match it was all very poor.

I didn't even know there was a ppv this weekend until now.

He must have been in a real guest commentator kinda mood this week. 2 refs too is overbooking at its finest.

I'd Bryan does return to the ring we have too brainwash ourselfs and forget everything that was on the WWE Network 'Thank you Daniel' show and the fact Triple H and Steph were clapping/doing yes chants after months of degrading him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rusev is so fcuking good he is getting Aiden English over by just standing beside him how can Vince treat Rusev like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rusev is so fcuking good he is getting Aiden English over by just standing beside him how can Vince treat Rusev like this.

I just dont get how hes not pushed more hes entertaining great in the ring just boggles the mind

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The jobber screaming before The Bludgeon Brothers destroyed him was my highlight. Hope he gets more bookings for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So guess Dolph is confirmed to have entrance music again. Anothe rstoryline abandoned and prrof they don;t know what to do with him. Stopping that storyline and then just throwing him in the triple threat for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So guess Dolph is confirmed to have entrance music again. Anothe rstoryline abandoned and prrof they don;t know what to do with him. Stopping that storyline and then just throwing him in the triple threat for no reason.

I know what WWE's creative teams need for Christmas, the gift of logic and continuity in writing story-lines.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »

Well the reason he’s in there is for him to take the pin. So I guess he’s useful for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I heard plenty of people raving about this Mojo Rawley promo and decided to check it out. I was pleasantly surprised.

https://twitter.com/MojoRawleyWWE/status/941792520949977089

Meltzer on his show called this the best Smackdown promo since Cena's stuff a few months back and compared it to an 80s style.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rob Naylor puts over Mojo as a serious promo a lot. Says he cut some great, serious promos in classes in development.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I heard plenty of people raving about this Mojo Rawley promo and decided to check it out. I was pleasantly surprised.

https://twitter.com/MojoRawleyWWE/status/941792520949977089

Meltzer on his show called this the best Smackdown promo since Cena's stuff a few months back and compared it to an 80s style.

Stuff like this is why I miss Talking Smack on a weekly basis.

This is a great one

https://youtu.be/NJi842DrtiI

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That Mojo could be a star.

That numbers promo was great.

i think were getting randy heel turn tonight

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/943164177023107073

sky88 wrote:
    i think were getting randy heel turn tonight

A motivated Orton vs Styles for the Rumble sounds a lot more appealing than Lesnar vs Strowman vs Kane (and hopefully Big Show. The reason? Because why not :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Nak vs AJ to counter balance the Women's Rumble and The Raw Main Event featuring KANE IN 2018

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd rather they save Styles vs Nak till Mania tbh.
    Rockstar Spud
    has been spotted backstage atSmackdown though that might be for the 205 taping too...

lots of tension between Bryan and Shane

and Shane has left the building and put Bryan in charge

Could Bryan take another bump in the main event tonight ??? RKO perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That video package might have been the cringiest thing on WWE TV this year.

J. Marston wrote: »
    That video package might have been the cringiest thing on WWE TV this year.

"Look at us, we treat women as equals! Aren't we amazingly awesome? Please YES now".

even when they do good like giving the women a chance they really do try and force it down our throats and make it about themselves and not about the women wrestlers as it should be.

I really enjoyed the tag matches on the show, especially Rusev and English who are just so, so entertaining together.

But there was a huge amount of wheel spinning, and this happens every year where they decide to wait till after Xmas to decide what directions to go.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the tag matches on the show, especially Rusev and English who are just so, so entertaining together.

But there was a huge amount of wheel spinning, and this happens every year where they decide to wait till after Xmas to decide what directions to go.

Agreed. Which makes the decision to have Raw and Smackdown live next week even more baffling. It offers no storyline progression at all.

Rockstar Spud
    didnt appear on SD or 205 live

i imagine he will prob be appear in 2018

Is it a serious wrestler or another comic relief type guy ??

• Advertisement

I just couldn't finish the show.
    Zigglers segment where he just reminded people he's been around for 8 years & has made so little progress, speaking of progress congrats on Naomi making "history" something we must all tell our grandkids about & the cherry on top a lame holiday themed tag match; a true Vince McMahon staple.
    I am aware its the holidays but the creative direction on smackdown flatlined long before Night of Champions & I don't expect it to do much anytime soon. Still at least Jinder ain't the WWE Champion now, I can cling to that.

Advertisement