Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Alberto Del Rio name dropped on Smackdown anything to be read into that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

They've ruined Ziggler to the point that when he ''leaves,'' he leaves to absolute silence, he should actually leave now, cos nobody gives a sh*t when he comes back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I was actually intrigued by Ziggler's actions. It hasn't been done before anyway to my recollection; a perfectly healthy superstar seemingly vacating his title (ignoring Stone Cold treating the IC with contempt which was the beginning of the title's lull).

They could go anywhere with it. Depressed Ziggler for example. Would be a good opportunity to strip him down and get rid of the goofy name.

Or he could actually be finishing for real and this is his exit storyline, which would be a shame as this is the most I've been interested in Dolph in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nothing Ziggler does now could intrigue me.

He could literally develop super powers and he'd make it boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nothing Ziggler does now could intrigue me.

He could literally develop super powers and he'd make it boring.

I like him, i was delighted he won the title sunday he can have a good match with anybody, but im finding myself agreeing with you and i think thats down to wwe's booking of him, so many starts that was stopped before he got the chance to do anything worthwhile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Alberto Del Rio name dropped on Smackdown anything to be read into that?

Also appearances from AJ Lee and others in the videos so unlikely.

Would've liked someone to come out and just "Yoink" the US title.

Was so great seeing that video of the announcement on Monday with Mandy and Alicia raising each other's arms after Mandy attacking Alicia just a week ago. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I couldn't see anyone apart from Stephanie McMahon The Giant.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Yeah it's details like that that WWE are really bad at keeping an eye on for continuity, especially if it's something that is being done for PR's sake rather than story as was the case with this announcement. The fact that Alexia was even in the ring celebrating that one of 30 women could be getting a potential shot at her title seemed very odd. But then next week they'll probably have her do a promo on it as if nothing happened.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its like no one noticed Smackdown was on last night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's christmas, regulars probably drinking, doing stuff with families..

• Advertisement

I'd say everyone has just forgotten what day it is.

So US title match at Rumble? Strange thing to do with the title. Was there a reason given?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I stayed up and watched the whole thing but really didn’t see fit to post about it, a very bland episode yet again but you can get away with it on Christmas (though Raw was solid this week, oddly enough).

I’ve already forgotten most of what happened, but I do like the slow building of tension between Bryan and Shane O Mac, it feels like it’s heading towards something big and they’re well aware of how they’re teasing a return to wrestling for Bryan, even if it isn’t going to happen. Same thing worked in a huge way to get Miz over, as long as the fans have some hope of seeing Bryan wrestle another match, they’ll be invested in whatever he’s involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so has Ziggler legit quit WWE or is just taking a break and will prob return to win the US title ???

at least it's looks like Jinder is out of the wwe title picture now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so has Ziggler legit quit WWE or is just taking a break and will prob return to win the US title ???

at least it's looks like Jinder is out of the wwe title picture now

Funningly enough Jinders career path seems to be going the same way as JBL’s did. Just the JBL Character and not Bradshaw.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im guessing it will be Jinder vs Roode in the final of the US title tournament.

Mojo vs Ryder (Mojo to win)
    Xavier vs Aiden (Xavier to win)
    Mojo vs Roode (Roode to win)
    Xavier vs Jinder (Jinder to win)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Usos v Gable and Benjamin

This should be good.

when did they have video referees in WWE ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

****ing ad breaks. Remembering why i gave up WWE tv, hokey **** to fit in the ads ruining the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Feels like the start of a heel turn for Bryan, the smirk on his face while announcing that. Good ending, makes me want to see what happens next week.

this is confusing

who is the face/heel Shane or Bryan ???

Styles vs KO/Zayn in a handicap match. Imagine if styles loses we will have best friends version 2 ???. on that I think Y2J might return for the rumble and tag with Styles (Y2AJ reunion)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wonder could we get a Laycool situation, and the belt cut in half again :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I feel the match with will change between now and the Rumble

Yeah I'd say it'll be Shane coming in and saying he can't change the competitors in the match but he can add a stipulation or make it a triple threat.

So in the last graphic for the women's rumble there were 14 women. It didn't include Nia, Dana, Mickie, Alicia or Becky. Seeing Carmella and seeing the Xavier Woods interview yesterday, made me think they may get Blue Pants in the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

This about sums up WWE. Anyone notice whats wrong with this picture? (graphic in particular!)

DSlTXEbUQAAVtNg.jpg

This about sums up WWE. Anyone notice whats wrong with this picture? (graphic in particular!)

DSlTXEbUQAAVtNg.jpg

Shane & Daniel Bryan's names on the up next graphic instead of AJ Styles and Sami Zayn's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Shane & Daniel Bryan's names on the up next graphic instead of AJ Styles and Sami Zayn's?

Yes, its infuriating when I see that kinda stuff. Maybe it's just me !

Yes, its infuriating when I see that kinda stuff. Maybe it's just me !

No, it's pretty infuriating alright, Champion should be the star of the show. But in the WWE, the McMahon's have got to be front & center somehow..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lithium93_ wrote:
    No, it's pretty infuriating alright, Champion should be the star of the show. But in the WWE, the McMahon's have got to be front & center somehow..

Like the time STEPHANIE MCMAHON announced a royal rumble or something a few weeks ago when the women were bickering but she ended their quarrelling pretty quickly.
    I forgot who announced it but thankfully I'm reminded every time it's mentioned that STEPHANIE MCMAHON announced the next step in the women's movement. Thanks Stephanie before you existed women didn't respect themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm expecting her to come out at the end of the Rumble and hold up the winner's hand while they both point to the Wrestlemania sign.

Not even joking.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't put it past the ego-maniacal Stephanie to do just that.

Advertisement