Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just before she throws the "winner" over the top rope to become the true winner as entrant 31

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm expecting her to come out at the end of the Rumble and hold up the winner's hand while they both point to the Wrestlemania sign.

Not even joking.

I thought that too. I could even see her coming in as a late entry and winning the whole thing as well. Or at least going in and throwing out a load of women to basically dominate it but maybe not actually win. It would be so like her.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Steph stealing the spotlight might do them a favour to take away from how bad it will be.

Putting them in a no win situation. Lots can go wrong in a multi person match, Paiges injury recently is a good example of how it can easily happen (drop kick to back) and it could be even worse. I thnk they could have started it with a smaller number just to lower the chance of mistakes.

I don't like two Rumble math idea anyway, like two chamber matches, two hell in a cell, two MITB etc it just limits whatbcan be done in each bout.

Just realised one problem with the rumble. All the women will be in it which means neither champ will be competing on a big 4 PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just realised one problem with the rumble. All the women will be in it which means neither champ will be competing on a big 4 PPV.

Have them on the PPV. Have them both do commentary. Have one of them cost a rival their spot in the match and you've a built in programme going forward while the winner takes on the other champ.

• Advertisement

Speaking of commentary, I wonder if we'll have Lita or Renee on commentary for the match. Still 3.5 weeks to nail this all down anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Speaking of commentary, I wonder if we'll have Lita or Renee on commentary for the match. Still 3.5 weeks to nail this all down anyway.

Maybe beth phoenix as shes doing the mixed match challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Another overbooked main event for AJ's title at the Rumble, where AJ and the belt are the least important part of the match. Needs more McMahon's involved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Another overbooked main event for AJ's title at the Rumble, where AJ and the belt are the least important part of the match. Needs more McMahon's involved.

I don't think it ia anywhere as bad as Stephanie.

AJ made the Elsworth thing work. He is also in the middle of a story with Bryan, Owens and Sami.

Shane is also not above losing a feud unlike Steph.

I dont think shane has won a match since coming back has he

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    I don't think it ia anywhere as bad as Stephanie.

AJ made the Elsworth thing work. He is also in the middle of a story with Bryan, Owens and Sami.

Shane is also not above losing a feud unlike Steph.

Nothing in the world is as bad as Stephanie. No need for AJ to be involved in this storyline at all. Give him Nakamura for Christ's sake!!!

Nothing in the world is as bad as Stephanie. No need for AJ to be involved in this storyline at all. Give him Nakamura for Christ's sake!!!

The optimist in me is hoping there keeping them apart for mania to be more special

It looks to be Blandy Orton and Nakamura for Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It looks to be Blandy Orton and Nakamura for Mania.

could be a decent match actually but would prefer Styles vs Nakamura

we all knw a high spot with a RKO segment happening in it

I think the problem is vince thinks that orton is a big match for shinsuke while i think most would prefer something else

Randy needs his win back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That Sarah Logan wan looks like she is wearing a tool belt with those shorts. I'm waiting for a Tim Allen reference some week as they are that far out of touch.
    Riott Squad were made look like idiots in record time after winning their match, whoever scripts the diva stuff must have lost their passion for writing years ago.
    Rusev should be booked to win the US tournament as a face beating Jinder but WWE are just going to run his catchphrase into the ground as fast as possible like they do most things that catch on.
    I enjoyed the tag title match & I'm guessing they'll do a multiman WWE title match at the Rumble to justify AJ's losses to Owens & Zayn. Maybe not a triple threat tho....

Only so many they can have in the title match unless they have guys pulling double duty with the Rumble match. I can see Owens and Zayn inserting themselves into the Rumble match somehow

Only so many they can have in the title match unless they have guys pulling double duty with the Rumble match. I can see Owens and Zayn inserting themselves into the Rumble match somehow

a certain Roman Reigns done that last year and almost won the thing. Remember at a rumble party I was at when Strowman cost him in the title match we were all thrilled and then number 30 in the rumble his music hits and we all react very angry

PTH2009 wrote: »
    a certain Roman Reigns done that last year and almost won the thing. Remember at a rumble party I was at when Strowman cost him in the title match we were all thrilled and then number 30 in the rumble his music hits and we all react very angry

You weren't angry at all, you got worked so it's fine. You actually enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Randy needs his win back.

Can see where Vince is coming from. Orton has been delivering non stop 5 star classic Mania matches for the last few years and is a proven massive draw on the same scale as Hogan at least.

Shane and Daniel seem like pals again but something will happen in tonight's handicap main event between Styles/Nakamura/Orton vs Ko/Zayn that will start the tension again

Daniel Bryan looks in great shape recently so maybe that in ring return is happening

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Shane and Daniel seem like pals again but something will happen in tonight's handicap main event between Styles/Nakamura/Orton vs Ko/Zayn that will start the tension again

Daniel Bryan looks in great shape recently so maybe that in ring return is happening

the in ring return is happening just depends on what company its happening at this stage

Just read that Rusev got pinned by Fandango. That'll teach him to get over.

State of that company.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

State of that company.

eoEZpF7.gif

It's fúcking ridiculous. How do they not see what they got with Rusev? He's basically the perfect all rounder. Charismatic, funny, can be both heel and face, good in the ring, big power guy which Vince supposedly loves.

Dopes.

It's baffling, there are no excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

State of that company.

Thought the same thing this morning when watching - it serves no purpose!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

He's foreign though, and as much as he is the whole package to more serious wrestling fans, WWE still need to provide content for Mr. and Mrs. Walmart (the largest part of their viewership). Thus, sadly, Rusev will be largely used for comedy.

• Advertisement

The best thing is to never make any new stars, that's what's best for business.

Advertisement