Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

whos going to flip on who ???

Shane on Bryan or the other way around

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I could see neither; I have a feeling they'll have it that Bryan is manipulating Sami and Kevin so they turn on each other, and Bryan can convince Shane thats way better than "just" firing them...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I kind of want to see how they would go with co-champions for the run up to WM.

Also it's probably the only chance Sami has at ever getting a title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They can't do co champions, the belt becomes worthless then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Did anyone notice when SmackDown where showing the highlights of raw 25??

They showed an image of stone cold stunning Vince with a still of a review about the show.

It was a negative review they showed!!!

How did that get aired??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.H wrote: »
    Did anyone notice when SmackDown where showing the highlights of raw 25??

They showed an image of stone cold stunning Vince with a still of a review about the show.

It was a negative review they showed!!!

How did that get aired??

I only noticed watching Smackdown that they changed that Universal Studios prize to just Naomi and Jimmy and not The Usos(so maybe Jey to get suspended after Royal Rumble?)

Also when the icon comes up for Naomis entrance they have under her accomplishments(or whatever its called) that she starts on Total Divas and was a dancer for Flo Rida , while not mentioning she is a 2 time smackdown champ

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Would it not have made more sense to have a triple threat match? Zayn and Owens are supposedly at a comparable level to AJ individually, so its a bit hard to suspend your disbelief that both of them teaming up wouldnt just destroy him in 2 minutes. The other side is that if AJ beats them it completely ruins both of them. Even if it was a case of whoever got the pinfall would be champion it gives a little wiggle room in that they could be quarreling over who gets to go for the pin, AJ bumps one out of the ring and roles the other up for a quick win

Would it not have made more sense to have a triple threat match? Zayn and Owens are supposedly at a comparable level to AJ individually, so its a bit hard to suspend your disbelief that both of them teaming up wouldnt just destroy him in 2 minutes. The other side is that if AJ beats them it completely ruins both of them. Even if it was a case of whoever got the pinfall would be champion it gives a little wiggle room in that they could be quarreling over who gets to go for the pin, AJ bumps one out of the ring and roles the other up for a quick win

Ricochet interferes and costs KO/Zayn the win

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Or they just go the usual route of AJ winning due to miscommunication between Sami and Kevin.

Has there ever been co holders of the world title? I know the IC title has

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Or they just go the usual route of AJ winning due to miscommunication between Sami and Kevin.

Has there ever been co holders of the world title? I know the IC title has
    Co holders ? No I don't think so. I don't thinks it's a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bit of a team Hell No vibe mixed with Chris and Kevin from the lads.

Would be funny to see Sami tell Kevin that Kev is WWE Champions but Kev tell Sami that it is in fact Sami who is WWE champion.

Also, they are enjoying themselves, that is important and that goes through to the fans. I can deal with whatever they come up with as it is presented as important.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DM_7 wrote: »
    Bit of a team Hell No vibe mixed with Chris and Kevin from the lads.

Would be funny to see Sami tell Kevin that Kev is WWE Champions but Kev tell Sami that it is in fact Sami who is WWE champion.

Also, they are enjoying themselves, that is important and that goes through to the fans. I can deal with whatever they come up with as it is presented as important.

I can see them getting milage from this if they do win, however its a mid card act. Be grand with the US title, but with the top title it brings it down a few notches.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Maybe that's the plan.

Take the proper title down a notch and push the red toy as the main one.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Maybe that's the plan.

Take the proper title down a notch and push the red toy as the main one.

make Roman look strong

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep, because, to use Roman's famous catchphrase "That's the bottom line, coz Roman said so"

Daniel Bryan has announced....something.

https://twitter.com/wwedanielbryan/status/958402452126142465

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Here’s my #SmackdownTop10

1. Rusev
    2. Rusev
    3. Rusev
    4. Rusev
    5. Rusev
    6. Rusev
    7. Rusev
    8. Rusev
    9. Rusev
    10. Rusev

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

martyos121 wrote: »

1. Rusev
    2. Rusev
    3. Rusev
    4. Rusev
    5. Rusev
    6. Rusev
    7. Rusev
    8. Rusev
    9. Rusev
    10. Rusev

And on Rusev day as well

Nakamuras English keeping him back ???

Obv not much but he could do with maybe having an advocate to do his promos

next week's main event will be KO vs Sami Zayn with the winner facing AJ Styles at fast lane for the wwe title

now that's a PPV were we know nothing will happen as they can't decide to take the title off Styles and have say KO vs Nakamura at mania ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

martyos121 wrote: »

1. Rusev
    2. Rusev
    3. Rusev
    4. Rusev
    5. Rusev
    6. Rusev
    7. Rusev
    8. Rusev
    9. Rusev
    10. Rusev

He's facing Bobby Roode for the US title next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    next week's main event will be KO vs Sami Zayn with the winner facing AJ Styles at fast lane for the wwe title

now that's a PPV were we know nothing will happen as they can't decide to take the title off Styles and have say KO vs Nakamura at mania ?

I can't get into matches with ubber obvious results. People have always said HHH v Ambrose for the title on the way to WM32 was a great match but I never watched, same as I'll be for this one with Styles and whoever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

PTH2009 wrote: »

I think Zayn vs Styles will headline Fast Lane. It's a unique main event, especially considering Styles vs Owens was done numerous times last year without catching fire.

Maybe Owens to cost Zayn the title, as revenge for Zayn winning next week Smackdown's match? Owens vs Zayn at WrestleMania...

Preview for tonight
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2018-02-06

Anyone have the feeling we might get a poke of doom type thing in the KO vs Zayn ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Well that outcome was very predictable

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anything to read into Shane mentioning to Bryan that he knows he wants to compete?

Are we going to see Bryan back in the ring at Mania?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Loughc wrote: »
    Anything to read into Shane mentioning to Bryan that he knows he wants to compete?

Are we going to see Bryan back in the ring at Mania?

They didn't put that in by accident.

However, it could be leading to something, or it could be a swerve. it's WWE. but that line was on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

They rigged the crap out of that top 10 list anyway. Tye Dillinger at 10 what a coincidence. Naomi at 4 yeah right and Charlotte at 2 madness. Orton looks like completing the Grand Slam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

That was another very dull Smackdown. I thought KO and Sami both being heels that it would be the end of their matches for a good while. But no its WWE and suddenly they are fighting again. In the main event no less.

I buzz on every time New Day are on my screen. Haven't watched any segment they are involved in for months.

This new WWE thing of putting certain words of a promo onscreen is terrible. Looks so like a kids show. I suppose thats what they are aiming for though

WWE ordered 5000 more Rusev Day calendars after their initial order of 2500 sold quicker than expected.Shows how well he is doing.
    Crowd chants Rusev Day loudly at Shane and he says duly noted

Rusev then gets pinned clean and then RKOed as well......:rolleyes:

They should turn New Day heel and have them against Rusev Day for Mania. What day is it? A good story there.

This tweet about Gable and Benjamin made me laugh out loud!

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/961062790587969537

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    They rigged the crap out of that top 10 list anyway. Tye Dillinger at 10 what a coincidence. Naomi at 4 yeah right and Charlotte at 2 madness. Orton looks like completing the Grand Slam.

Naomi got one of the biggest cheers from that list though. Surprised me, I thought Becky was the most popular women's face on Smackdown but seemingly not.

What is the point of the list anyway?

Advertisement