Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

J. Marston wrote: »
    Naomi got one of the biggest cheers from that list though. Surprised me, I thought Becky was the most popular women's face on Smackdown but seemingly not.

What is the point of the list anyway?

If it’s an ongoing thing, a creative way of getting Jericho back on TV at some point? I’d like that anyway. “The List” is one of the rare jokes in wrestling that has been beaten to death and is still absoutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sh1t Aiden English would be in my top 10 long before Borton.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not forgetting Rusev was missing.
    I still don't understand the point of it. I remember when TNA did it, it was for who would be next in line for a title shot or something.

As for Naomi, that cheer sounded very sudden like a Reigns cheer when they were piped in.
    The crowd seemed very against everyone in the list
    Surprised Reigns wasn't number 1. I know he's not on Smackdown but what better way to make him look strong than make him the Smackdown roster's favourite.

Wonder if Cesaro will visit Jey Uso's dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

paulie21 wrote: »
    They rigged the crap out of that top 10 list anyway. Tye Dillinger at 10 what a coincidence. Naomi at 4 yeah right and Charlotte at 2 madness. Orton looks like completing the Grand Slam.

Ah Paulie, come on..... its a kayfabe list. What were you expecting..... its a storyline

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah Paulie, come on..... its a kayfabe list. What were you expecting..... its a storyline

They straight up said it was based on what the "superstars" thought, and didn't have to be just about performance but also "locker room leadership".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    They straight up said it was based on what the "superstars" thought, and didn't have to be just about performance but also "locker room leadership".

Surely aidan English would get voted in for leading them in a chorus of the 12 days of Rusev then. Know that is leadership :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Thought it was a fan vote if I’m being honest I generally skip through raw and sd in a few minutes these days

paulie21 wrote: »
    Thought it was a fan vote if I’m being honest I generally skip through raw and sd in a few minutes these days

Ah i see, I think we are all guilty of skipping through Raw and Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Even if there is any remaining doubt that it’s a kayfabe list, keep in mind that Rusev is said to be very well liked by his peers. Combine that with his wrestling ability and charisma and you can tell it’s 100% a storyline device. There’s just zero chance he’d not be on it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Actually, we don't want Sami or Kevin pinned in this. Any ideas?"

https://twitter.com/shanemcmahon/status/961615883700404225

"Perfect."

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Actually, we don't want Sami or Kevin pinned in this. Any ideas?"

https://twitter.com/shanemcmahon/status/961615883700404225

"Perfect."

Kayfabe hat on................ why are either of these guys getting a shot.......... one has been fairly unsuccessful in recent weeks while the other has disappeared bar a Rumble appearance.

Lince Dorado would be more deserving kayfabe wise and be far more entertaining than these two after thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Kayfabe hat on................ why are either of these guys getting a shot.......... one has been fairly unsuccessful in recent weeks while the other has disappeared bar a Rumble appearance.

Lince Dorado would be more deserving kayfabe wise and be far more entertaining than these two after thoughts.

I'm thinking Shane is trying to give 2 guys a chance similar to how he thinks DB is giving Zayn/KO a chance

I wouldn't be surprised if it became a 5 man thing now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm thinking Shane is trying to give 2 guys a chance similar to how he thinks DB is giving Zayn/KO a chance

I wouldn't be surprised if it became a 5 man thing now

Yeah I expect the Ziggler Corbin March to end in shenanigans and Shane adding both of them to the title match at Fastlane. And when AJ pins either Corbin or Ziggler it gives Owen/Zayn more fuel to add to the Shane is screwing me fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sounds to me like he's doing Sami and Kevin a favour. Corbin or Ziggler gets pinned means Owens and Zayn will say they should still have a shot since they never got pinned or submitted

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Heels attacking heels

That's new

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

That Smackdown was really bad again.

Have to laugh at Ziggler standing tall at the end. Talk about lets give him one show to look good after signing his contract.

Raw has got some things going for it but Smackdown is dead in the water at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Could not give less of a fcuk about Ziggler if I tried. They're only 5 or 6 years too late pulling the trigger on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭xpletiv

3 posts about Smackdown last night. Thats it.

Yes, cruddy again. Its flipped so badly recently, it was the better show than Raw for ages. Momentum of Owens/Zayn feels gone and dragged out. I have little desire to see Orton again, id prefer Jinder vs Roode alone. But it feels like theyve been running on empty for few weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I have to say I've reached my limit with multiple matches in WWE. 4-person this, 5-person this, 6-way this...I'm just over it and my interest is starting to wane.

One thing I like about New Japan is they rarely do this. It means becoming the number one contender is a special thing because there's so much competition for the spot. In WWE becoming a contender for the title is becoming meaningless because there's guys getting opportunities left and right every month. Don't get a title shot this month? No worries. You'll be in a fatal four-way match next month probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I have to say I've reached my limit with multiple matches in WWE. 4-person this, 5-person this, 6-way this

Don't for get the first ever 7 man Elimination Chamber Match, exclusively live on the award winning WWE Network.

• Advertisement

I have to ask what is the point of Dolph Ziggler?

Then again I could probably say the same about 70% of the roster.

Top of the card guys I get.
    Lower card jobbers I get.

They are the top 15% and Bottom 15% the WWE really doesn't know what to do with the other 70%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

To keep the money train going I imagine. People will always turn up to see their favourites even if they're being used terribly.

The cynical part of me feels this is in part NXT's purpose in McMahon's eyes; a breathing ground to bring guys up to be worked to the bone without actually making them into even a fraction of what they can be. Though I guess it's a two way street as there seems to be a lot of guys and women who could do more but seem to be happy enough with their lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Still no posts. And I couldnt even be bothered to check elsewhere for results/happenings.

a35e60db36f9fba6-600x400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There was a 6 women tag match. Feels like about the 10th already this year from Raw and Smackdown.

No interest in the main event when trash like Ziggler and Corbin are near it.

Orton looks like a traveller.

Sky changed the channel again so it didn't record for me and I have no interest in looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gotten to the stage were i dont even look at the top 10 moments smackdown is all time bad at the minute

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I got through the two hour show in 7 minutes....

Its night and day between Raw and SD , when ones good, the other is awful.

Is Ryan Ward the main man on Raw these days? He was at teh helm for NXT nad SD when they had their purple patches no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I just literally have done the same thing.

Skipping through it I saw loads of selfie promos with words on screen like a kids show. Lot of effort from the wrestlers but nothing that even had my interest with a good storyline.The thing I watched the most was AJs promo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

So Naks wins the Rumble, hasnt really appeared the last 2 wks on SD; Rusev is the most over on SD has appeared in 2 wks.. Something not fully adding up!

Advertisement