Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its night and day between Raw and SD , when ones good, the other is awful.

Is Ryan Ward the main man on Raw these days? He was at teh helm for NXT nad SD when they had their purple patches no?

i thought he was back at NXT which wouldn't surprise me as that has gotten better a lot in the last 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

daithi1989 wrote: »
    So Naks wins the Rumble, hasnt really appeared the last 2 wks on SD; Rusev is the most over on SD hasnt appeared in 2 wks.. Something not fully adding up!

Remember a few weeks ago Shane said we listen to the people and give them the people they wanna see. The crowd raucously start chanting Rusev Day and Shane says ''Duly noted''. Nothing since. They're fcuking idiots. So many times they could've pulled the trigger on Rusev (and Wyatt too) as big stars and never do. It's frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Raw has had some good moments recently and seems to have some sort of direction, no idea how anyone can watch current Smackdown, its ****ing awful.

Fire Road Dogg to Mars please.

Honestly all wwe tv has been good except snackdown especally the last few weeks with the upturn in 205 live

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

sky88 wrote: »
    Honestly all wwe tv has been good except snackdown especally the last few weeks with the upturn in 205 live

Fair point.

Smackdown though. Lordy!

Aj v Nak angle while time on its side has no heat whatsoever, Dolph, Jinder and Rhoode are all channel changers and non stop multi tag lady matches. Shane, Bryan, KO and Zayn all killing time. Its wretched.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Fair point.

Smackdown though. Lordy!

Aj v Nak angle while time on its side has no heat whatsoever, Dolph, Jinder and Rhoode are all channel changers and non stop multi tag lady matches. Shane, Bryan, KO and Zayn all killing time. Its wretched.

Yea there just trying to get by this ppv hopefully mania can inspire some kind of upturn im not holding my breath tho

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cena is literally the only thing worth tuning in for and if he isn't opening the show, then I'll catch his segment tomorrow.

Smackdown has gone to the Doggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I like the way Shane and Daniel always shake hands when either or get to the ring! Wasn't expecting that... AJ vs Cena... BONG!

so tonight's main event is Cena vs Styles and if Cena wins hes in the title match at fastlane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

As much as I love Becky she could really do with a re-up... switch up or music or something. If she turned heel on Charlotte at the right time it would be amazing. Any direct for an woman on the smackdown roster would be most welcome!

so it's now a 6 pack challenge for the title at fastlane with Cena being the 6th man

Big E and Usos promo was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Why are USOs still feuding with the new day? They already fought in a hell in a cell to end it. I just fast forward through new day segments anyway.

Another boring smackdown that I watched in about 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Filler feud for Fastlane before a multi tag match at Wrestlemania I'd imagine involving Bludgeon Bros, Breezango etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

As a wrestling fan Daniel Bryan must not be the only one who wanted to ask to go home at a Smackdown taping

More garbage camera-work from WWE. I could only last about 5 seconds before my eyes began to hurt but someone on Reddit said it was 33 camera cuts in 35 seconds!

https://streamable.com/in9q7

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Needs more changes and more zooming.

And nice that Cena beat AJ clean in the ring because Cena needs the push. :rolleyes: The countout would've been the best way to do it

Meant to point out as well that Bryan and Shane would've found it easier to watch the match if they actually faced the screen. :)

Tonight is the go home show for Sundays Fastlane PPV, the last PPV before Wrestlemania

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2018-03-06

• Advertisement

sunday will be 'Nakamura Dayyyyyyy'

pretty meh episode of SD this week but Orton finally cut his hair again

"You broke my Aiden"

Once again I'm left confused as to the point of that fatal five way.

And why would the Riott Squad be bothered by Roode, since he can't touch them but they can attack him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I see teh logic in terms of "lets give the fans a taste of what its gonna be like on Sunday" but its not like the storyline has set the world a light.

We get the same match Sunday with cena and the title, but also we lose a supporting plot point of "how will zayn and Owens work togther" after 5 way last night.

Smackdown is so lazy right now, its not worth watching as you dont miss much. No heat in any of the feuds bat maybe The Usos and New Day. ...... maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Just finished Smackdown and this week was a bit better.

It held my interest for more than the past few weeks anyway

I agree there is not much happening though as usual.

Don't want to see usos v New Day, Randy v Mahal, and while I liked the surprise ending, I don't want to see KO v Sami ever again. All those matches I instantly forward through.

These pairings have been done to death

have no idea what I was just watched

Shane is taking a leave of absence as SD Commissioner and made a mania match Zayn vs KO but they then attacked him and kayfabe broke his back with Shane making weird noises

have a feeling Shane will make a miraculous recovery and it will be Shane and a partner of his choosing (Kane or big show) vs KO/Zayn at mania

Shane must be some kind of masochist. That powerbomb was sick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I would have liked if Owens or Zayn were out prior to Shane and called him out on being at Gorilla at Raw and if that played into him taking a leave of absence. Dont like the SD commissioner being on Raw like that even if its as part of an angle that is supposed to be playing on the whole "pulling back the curtain" type thing and it not being referenced (unless I missed it).

The logical next move is as outlined above and Shane returning in time for Mania and having a tag partner in toe the only thing is there are literally only 2 people who can fit the bill and storyline they have had with Owens/Zayn & Shane and neither will nor should tag with Shane. Those are of course Daniel Bryan who returns to SD next week and has been in middle of all this but has also been butting heads with Shane and is unable to wrestle (and even if he wasn't a tag match like this should not be his return) or speaking of butting heads Vince McMahon! Vince & Shane vs Sami & Owens after the headbutt would make sense and he would not bring down the feud/match like a Kane /Big show etc would but Vince is far too old to be put in such a situation.

Don't think im suggesting either should be Shanes partner but I do think almost anyone else I could see the WWE going with would make the match instantly sound like a meh match on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great way to bring back Shane’s half brother Mr. Kennedy as his partner.

I am now expecting this. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

martyos121 wrote: »
    Great way to bring back Shane’s half brother Mr. Kennedy as his partner.

I am now expecting this. :)

expect that.... get this
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loved that beatdown. Looked properly vicious. Sets up Shane as a better babyface too.

Advertisement