Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nakamura will probably attack Styles on his way to the ring, with the match being called off. mega heel status achieved

I can definitely see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Not a fan of the new DB tshirt

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

RIP AJ's balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Decent episode

Surprised only debuts were the iconic duo either there feel there happy with the size of the sd roster or there going wait til the shakeup to bring in a few new stars

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The AJ/Bryan match was really good. All the more reason why it should've been saved for a PPV where it would get the time it deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Clegg wrote: »
    The AJ/Bryan match was really good. All the more reason why it should've been saved for a PPV where it would get the time it deserves.

With the screwy finish they can revisit it on ppv at a later date. Good tv main event otherwise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have to imagine that between taking the GM role off him so quickly, and doing the AJ match as well, that Bryan is off to Raw. They gave us a taste of Bryan/Styles but not a finish so it can happen further down the road. That's a Mania main event basically.

Shinsuke is a natural heel. More so than a face, based on last night. Issue is he is so charismatic as a heel, the crowd will love him. Outringnhim vs Styles might help that though.

Charlotte, New Day, Bryan... if Smackdown losses them all, that will sting a lot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rumours of them getting Finn, Asuka, The revival at the very least. Whoever moves over from Raw has some chance to grow away from the Roman Empire.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Finn would be a great fit with the top wrestling guys.

Have to presume Miz ends up wherever Bryan does

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

While it's awful that her in-ring career has been cut short, Paige is fcuking painful to listen to and always has been. I'll be fast forwarding a lot of opening segments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

hoping if finn moves he still does the live events in ireland hes scheduled for. one of the main reasons im going as he wasnt at the last one i was at

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Omackeral wrote: »
    While it's awful that her in-ring career has been cut short, Paige is fcuking painful to listen to and always has been. I'll be fast forwarding a lot of opening segments.

"Hi guys...."

If I see / hear that trailer one more time...:mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I'm delighted for her. Vickie Guerrero made a career of being painful to listen to, so Paige easily could.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Whats the story with Becky Lynch? They dont seem to be doing anything with her except the odd tag match here and there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Floppybits wrote: »
    Whats the story with Becky Lynch? They dont seem to be doing anything with her except the odd tag match here and there.

Smackdown don't bother with the women much. End up in tag bouts all the time.

It is not clear what is wrong at as she was one of the best babyface's they had a little while ago. It wouldn't surprise me if she was nearing end of her contract though so they are keeping her back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Wait so Peyton and Billie are ‘The IIconics’ now? That makes no sense, unless I’m missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Paige thing is a bit weird. And not just her expressionless face. Though after her videos she needs to stop saying things like "Give it to me"

Was surprised at the lack of call ups. We'll see how Iconic do now. As has been said before, Peyton has grown since last seeing he in NXT.

So what's the difference between a draft and a shake up? To think Corey Graves could be moved from Raw to Smackdown.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Wait so Peyton and Billie are ‘The IIconics’ now? That makes no sense, unless I’m missing something.

Iconic Duo probably has trademark implications or something. The styling of it is odd though. They could’ve went with IconIcs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,933 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I watched the videos from Smackdown at 5:30 am this morning and had had little sleep but peyton and billie came across very well. Did they ? Also I love that carmella won the title. She has surpassed big cass and enzo which is great as she is more talented than both of them.

Chioda not taking the briefcase really annoyed the fcuk out of me. I was screaming at the tv. Not in a “feeling the moment” way but more in a “why the fcuk don’t you know what a briefcase is for, you’ve cashed them in before you twit” way. Also, why bother checking on Charlotte? She has to defend no matter what her condition, such is the whole point of the MITB!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Have to be honest as well....Paige as generic gm is going to be painful. AJ Lee had the talent to make it work. Not sure Paige has the acting ability to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

I know in the past when a face champion has been beaten down the ref hesitates to make it look like he doesnt think he should let the face get taken advantage of like ziggler on del rio but he hesitated way way too much to the point of annoyance

• Registered Users Posts: 39,933 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Chioda not taking the briefcase really annoyed the fcuk out of me. I was screaming at the tv. Not in a “feeling the moment” way but more in a “why the fcuk don’t you know what a briefcase is for, you’ve cashed them in before you twit” way. Also, why bother checking on Charlotte? She has to defend no matter what her condition, such is the whole point of the MITB!

Yeah that was strange. Was it meant to make the audience wonder if she really was going to cash in ? I mean with a new ref you'd say fair enough but Chioda is the head bottle washer in ref terms. He's reffed at manias in the single numbers for jaysus sake.

Ah that thing were the champ has to be standing on his/her feet before they ring the bell isn't new.

Have to be honest as well....Paige as generic gm is going to be painful. AJ Lee had the talent to make it work. Not sure Paige has the acting ability to do the same.

But did you know that this is her house? Because if you didn't, you're gonna hear a lot from here on out.

But did you know that this is her house? Because if you didn't, you're gonna hear a lot from here on out.

I don't begrudge her getting paid anyway, maybe she'll be good but can't see it. Personally don't understand why they just didn't give her a Booker/ JBL role and let her pick up outside gigs as they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Just posted this in the funny pics thread but as you are talking about Paige....:D

https://twitter.com/50FootBlake/status/983438257953243137

Why does she wear so much make up?! Ronda wore too much too but she seemed to have less on Raw thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I don't begrudge her getting paid anyway, maybe she'll be good but can't see it. Personally don't understand why they just didn't give her a Booker/ JBL role and let her pick up outside gigs as they come.

Because, and I'm guessing here, Paige being allowed to pick up outside gigs, could lead to trouble of some sort.... So they made her GM of Smackdown to avoid such potential trouble..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well they probably had to move her from Raw as it was confusing people wondering if it was Roman's yard, how could it be Paige's house? So instead she goes and claims possession of a house built by AJ Styles

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Because, and I'm guessing here, Paige being allowed to pick up outside gigs, could lead to trouble of some sort.... So they made her GM of Smackdown to avoid such potential trouble..

Hey, it's only Smackdown....is what screams from that. They can look after the girl and still keep her on the road without putting her in such a prominent position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I don’t watch NXT but jesus that Peyton one is a looker. Mandy Rose is top of a fantastic list but Peyton is alright.

Advertisement