Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Omackeral wrote: »
    Chioda not taking the briefcase really annoyed the fcuk out of me. I was screaming at the tv. Not in a “feeling the moment” way but more in a “why the fcuk don’t you know what a briefcase is for, you’ve cashed them in before you twit” way. Also, why bother checking on Charlotte? She has to defend no matter what her condition, such is the whole point of the MITB!

Turns out, unusual for WWE, it was continuity.

Carmella bailed on cash ins before, once even drop kicking the ref as Charlotte was coming around. So Chioda was really saying are you sure THIS time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

New Day, Charlotte, Becky to Raw ?

I'm thinking they had Peyton & Billie attack Charlotte so they could get them over as heel with the crowd ? And obviously so Carmella could cash in so with Charlotte without Smackdown title she can be drafted.

Maybe when Big Cass is back from injury if it's soon he will be drafted to Smack down ?

These are all pure guesses just trying to work it out from what I saw

• Registered Users Posts: 39,933 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well it's not really that much of a guess in regards to those with titles as the WWE decided to fecking colour code the titles to the brands they were created on means they aren't moving. So the IC title(gorgeous design btw) and US title aren't branded Red or blue so can be moved. The WWE title can't really be moved as even though it's black leather the universal title is red.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well it's not really that much of a guess in regards to those with titles as the WWE decided to fecking colour code the titles to the brands they were created on means they aren't moving. So the IC title(gorgeous design btw) and US title aren't branded Red or blue so can be moved. The WWE title can't really be moved as even though it's black leather the universal title is red.

Could you imagine Jinder on Raw ? It's bad enough but to put him on Raw would be terrible. Also why are we getting Blandy Vs Jinder for what feels like the 50th time

• Registered Users Posts: 39,933 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

kopite386 wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »

Could you imagine Jinder on Raw ? It's bad enough but to put him on Raw would be terrible. Also why are we getting Blandy Vs Jinder for what feels like the 50th time
    Blandy ? Randell Orton is a wrestling legend and how you'd design a pro wrestler. He's not a heel now though is he ? He isn't a good baby face and never was, so I wouldn't call him bland I'd call him out of his comfort zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,464 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Faugheen wrote: »
    I'm delighted for her. Vickie Guerrero made a career of being painful to listen to, so Paige easily could.

Excuse Me :p Vickie was a great GM

Alberto next to SD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

kopite386 wrote: »

You obviously didn’t understand how brilliant a feud it was the first time so you’re gonna sit there and get it until it kills you. #ThisIsJindersYard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Think the Paige thing is purely down to the movie. They've got Stephen Merchant writing and directing, Nick Frost, Lena Headey and The Rock involved and Film 4 onboard so they're obviously hoping it's going to make a bigger splash than The Marine 12 or Santa's Little Helper or whatever.

If it bombs we could see her being phased out pretty quick.

Apparently Vince Vaughn is playing Jake The Snake which makes me shudder uncontrollably.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If they flipped Jinder and Seth, they could then say that Orton still gets a title shot but now its at the IC title instead.

Not only would Seth vs Orton be a better feud, it would also explain why they decided to pretend Orton wasnt already entitled to a rematch for the title he lost....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Makes sense, especially as they are very likely to have one dirty foreign heel in Nakamura on Smackdown for the foreseeable.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If they flipped Jinder and Seth, they could then say that Orton still gets a title shot but now its at the IC title instead.

Not only would Seth vs Orton be a better feud, it would also explain why they decided to pretend Orton wasnt already entitled to a rematch for the title he lost....

I was thinking that with the Usos and the Bar say they both switch brands but keep the No. 1 contenders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

finn and the club should go to smackdown get the us title on finn for a few months and the trio help out aj for a while and after he drops the us title they can build a story between him and aj and the loyalties of the club basically doing the omega rhodes story :P

womens wise i think becky needs off of smackdown keep charlotte there and move asuka over. asuka win the title off of carmella over the summer and build to round 2 between asuka and charlotte at summerslam

baron corbin needs a fresh place too and maybe move big cass when hes back the other way and a few more mid carders. maybe move titus world wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope Paige doesn't wait for a reaction after everything she says like she did this week. If there's anyone who should avoid awkward pauses it's her

• Registered Users Posts: 60,623 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Paige is going to be totally sh1t at that gig.

I'm a bit like the sooner the movie comes out and they cut her the better.

MASSIVE Smackdown shake up spoilers
    Big Cass, Jeff Hardy and Samoa Joe all backstage at Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MASSIVE Smackdown shake up spoilers
    Big Cass, Jeff Hardy and Samoa Joe all backstage at Smackdown.
    They’ve absolutely rode Raw if they get those last two in particular.
    And Miz on top of that.

martyos121 wrote: »
    They’ve absolutely rode Raw if they get those last two in particular.
    And Miz on top of that.

It's absolutely crazy, isn't it.

In kayfabe, Paige has absolutely destroyed Kurt a week into her job.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hey, as long as I don’t have to see that movie trailer one more time she can do what she likes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Nothing to say there won't be a major name or two saying goodbye to Smackdown tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've been trying to figure out a way to incorporate Shane McMahon's under siege line from last year into this, but no joy...

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Nothing to say there won't be a major name or two saying goodbye to Smackdown tonight.

Afaik, the full list is out of who is moving from SD to a Raw. I wouldn't expect any more departures?..

Actually, one kayfabe complaint...
    Paige seemingly gave up the US championship and didn't get the IC in return. She and Shane has been very lucky that when Angle invited someone out to challange for it last night, one of the guys she had drafted in got there first. Likewise, Kurtis big coup was ruined by his rashness and making sure one of those drafted to Smackdown was not eligible to take the title.

As of Monday before Raw though, Paige and Shane had agreed to let the US title move to Raw with nothing in return....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

A lot of raw stars putting up shots of them going to south africa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Afaik, the full list is out of who is moving from SD to a Raw. I wouldn't expect any more departures?..

Oh Cool, didn't realise we were dealing with a complete list.
    SmackDown has done really well so. Shifted loads of deadwood and added some great talent.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I really wanna check the spoilers but it sounds like it might be better to wait to watch SD

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Paiges suite is not really appropriate manger dress lol

So Jeff and the US title is back on SD

Guess Rollins is staying on Raw then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Jeff and miz smackdown winning this shakeup even if no one else comes over

I guess at the GRR it's raw vs SD for the US title ??

Same with the IC title I imagine

• Advertisement

Mandy Rose and Sonya devile on SD now.

Advertisement