Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The **** was that about ??

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

That is a big pick up for SD Live

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Joe
    Aj
    Bryan
    Nak
    Jeff
    Possibly heel orton
    Miz
    Rusev

Dont f this up road dogg

sky88 wrote: »
    Joe
    Aj
    Bryan
    Nak
    Jeff
    Possibly heel orton
    Miz
    Rusev

Dont f this up road dogg

Eric young and sanity on there way too

Its like TNA now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Carmella is very good on the mic.

Ah yeah good to see another Irish wrestler getting a main roster spot congrats to Killian Dain

Irish wrestling in a very good place atm, unthinkable 15-20 years ago

Finn Balor
    Becky Lynch
    Sheamus
    Killian Dain
    Jordon Devlin and Tucker in the UK division too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Charlotte is not a good babyface

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Wow women's div stacked too

Rip Balor club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Sheamus & Cesaro, Asuka, Sanity.
    SD is doing very well. Pity about Big Cass.

And Almas? Some talent there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

SDL now the A show. No Nikki :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Loud Rusev day chants when he's facing AJ and Bryan, how Rusev isn't a top guy being pushed to the moon is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

wats with the adds durin the middle of a live match

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

sky88 wrote: »
    Charlotte is not a good babyface

Or as a heel either.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

NDWC wrote: »
    Loud Rusev day chants when he's facing AJ and Bryan, how Rusev isn't a top guy being pushed to the moon is beyond me

With the amount of main event talent on SD now, coupled with it looking like Big Cass will be a player now also, wouldn't hold my breath on things improving for Rusev unless they throw him a bone with a feud for the US Title.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Always preferred watching smackdown but the potential matches between Miz, Bryan, Styles, Joe, Nakamura, Hardy, Rusev, and Shelton Benjamin makes it defintely my no.1 show now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Always preferred watching smackdown but the potential matches between Miz, Bryan, Styles, Joe, Nakamura, Hardy, Rusev, and Shelton Benjamin makes it defintely my no.1 show now

33m652c.jpg

Smackdown number 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Big Cass is surely working for the Miz now.

I expect them to have a promo together next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, if I have to take a Cass vs Bryan feud in order to get Joe, Jeff Hardy, Almas, Miz and a singles Shelton Benjamin into the upper card of Smackdown, I'll happily take it.

In ring wise, Smackdown looks utterly incredible going forward. I didnt think they'd keep Bryan, and adding them to Styles, Nakamura and Rusev....the matches on Smackdown will be brilliant.

The women did well as well, keeping Charlotte but adding Asuka and the Iiconics.

EDIT: Forgot the Bar as well. Those two added to the above mix will be great as well. AND Smackdown's tag division kept its biggest stars while adding Raw's.

Raw got the Fashion Police and Ascension. Smackdown got Sheamus & Cesaro and The Club!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Show is probably too overloaded now which means a lot of people will get lost in the shuffle. Someone like Cass will probably be favoured over others to be pushed as WWE were high on him even after the stinkers he had with Big Show.
    Smackdown is generally poor creatively too which doesn't help.
    Also strange that there has been no WWE title match set for the Saudi card or Backlash that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,257 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Smackdown absolutely destroyed RAW in the 'Shake Up'. However, this is WWE. they don't see the likes of Rusev and Cesaro the same way we do. plus, we've still no idea how they'll book Joe long term, or even Bryan now he's back. i have zero faith that they won't fúck up that roster.

Vince will likely just revitalise his raging boner for tall guys and push Cass to the moon.

Paige is shít. Just shít. Like, really shít. How anyone can watch her and not switch channel immediately is beyond me.

Charlotte is also an abysmal babyface. but sure, WWE don't really care about that sort of thing anymore do they?

Too many heels on the women's roster on SD now so don't see Charlotte being switched from babyface anytime soon. Would be laughable if they did so soon after beating Asuka.

Really curious to see how they fit Charlotte, Becky, Naomi, Carmella, Absolution, Asuka and the Iconics into a 2 hour show. Actually, I'm not sure how that roster in general is going to fit into a 2 hour show. Some good performers are going to be utterly lost in this shuffle. Going to see some awkward multiple star feuds I think which I hate with a passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,623 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Could you imagine levels where AJ & Joe would be now if Vince had taken them to the WWE 10/12 years ago.

Joes promos the last two nights were brilliant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Joe is a major case of what could have been.

Is Cass now Nak's Diesel? Hope Nak ditch's his music for something less popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

DM_7 wrote: »
    Is Cass now Nak's Diesel?

No thats Raw, Dolph is Shawn, Drew is Diesel

Naka really is stealing the show with his mannerisms alone.....such a creepy prick. But hopefully they don't batter the fcuk out of the speak no English line. Was hilarious the first time but would be typical of them to make that a catchphrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I thought at first that Jeff would move with the title now, but I think it's safe to say Seth will move unless we're meant to believe that Shane/Paige would agree to give away a champ without getting the equivalent champ in exchange.

Never mind. There I go again, trying to apply logic to WWE.

Some great gets for Smackdown and seems there'll be some decent tag matches in the future.

So if Asuka had beat Charlotte at Mania, would she have been on Raw or Smackdown?

Didn't like the look of the Sanity graphic minus Nicki. She has to come up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,257 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

But hopefully they don't batter the fcuk out of the speak no English line. Was hilarious the first time but would be typical of them to make that a catchphrase.

Oh fúck.

You've just bummed me out, because they will 100% do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Surprise dick punch is my new favourite gimmick.

Advertisement