Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cass is still shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

DM_7 wrote: »
    Woohoo! Something I wanted actually happened.

He could get a stable on a few months as well. Ultra bad guy then.

Since they've already teamed them together on 205 Live, Itami and Tozawa could join. Hopefully be more effective than the Singh brothers and Miztourage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cass is still shíte.

i honestly see no upside in cass hes big but not that big (7 foot my ass) hes not good in the ring or the mic.

hes a poor mans baron corbin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote:
    hes a poor mans baron corbin

Will Vince ask them look at each other backstage and breath heavily for an awkward amount of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,931 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've watched the women's tag match from last night. I mean Grand match and all that.

*Inhales* I'm going to do a poor mans slickric here.

The referee of the match seems incapable to not shouting "kick out" or as I heard last night, "go home" which is a new release for him. I know wrestling is a work and even watching matches back, where you get a hint of there being communications.

It drives me ****ing spare that this referee can't do it in a way that doesn't lead to him shouting commands to wrestlers. I mean the head ref for nxt can do it and so can every other ref in WWE. Stop it ffs. Mike cioda is on smackdown last night, ask him how he's become a good ref. I'm begging him to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I like Cass myself. Think he has potential but this feud is all wrong for him and Bryan. It's actually killing the moment in terms of Bryan's return, as it doesn't feel like the huge deal it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

DbmceLUV0AE0Fif.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Surprised at some of these comments about Big Cass. I thought he did very well and I would say he's everything they want Corbin to be. Unlike Corbin, his physique and presence does stand out. At times in his promo he reminded me of Edge.

I think he needs to improve on his facial expressions and the cadence of his speech which felt a bit robotic. If he can exude more menace and aggression then I think he has a very bright future. I never saw much in him when he was with Enzo but last night I saw star potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I definitely see the resemblance to Edge. Not just in his image, but the way he carries himself. He really impressed me last night, he’s still got a lot to improve on but he seems able for the position he’s in.

He’s occupying the role we all want Reigns to be in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, I don't mind Cass.

I think the big issue is that everyone would have had dream matches in mind for Bryan and I'd bet no one had Cass on that list, let alone at the top. He's been put in a rough position with the fans who will feel as if this is wasting Bryan off the bat.

I'd say Cass is thrilled though; working with bryan will do wonders for him if he's willing to learn...

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't mind Cass.

I think the big issue is that everyone would have had dream matches in mind for Bryan and I'd bet no one had Cass on that list, let alone at the top. He's been put in a rough position with the fans who will feel as if this is wasting Bryan off the bat.

I'd say Cass is thrilled though; working with bryan will do wonders for him if he's willing to learn...

People will boo Cass for the position he’s in and cheer Bryan for beating the hell out of him. It’s a sound enough strategy when you think about it.

I think it's a good idea to delay the Miz match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Even though im not a fan of cass i do think its better to hold off on the dream matches of bryan till they can get proper builds

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think it's a good idea to delay the Miz match.

Reckon at upcoming live events Big Cass will prob attack Daniel Bryan before the miz match begins and someone will come save him and it will be Daniel Bryan/??? Vs Miz/Big Cass

No idea what they're saying but it still sounds great but takes the singalong element out of it which is good for heel Nakamura.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Wouldn't be surprised if they pull a swerve and turn Miz face, with him and Bryan finding mutual respect. Couldn't be any worse than Cass feuding with Bryan anyway.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2018-05-01

Preview for tonight, go home show for Backlash

SD turning into TNA with Samoa Joe wanting to face styles for the title if he retains at Backlash

Cheeky there from Shin. He's playing the heel role extremely well and I can't wait to see him get a low blow from Styles, prob act like he's dying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Nakamura fought Bryan in the dark match. Shinsuke is so sneaky :p

https://twitter.com/Rockamaniac00/status/991512176140550144

• Registered Users Posts: 36,257 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Nakamura, Joe and Styles. Stars. Fúcking stars.

the Big Cass promo on Daniel Bryan though? fúcking excruciating.

I'm big.
    You're small.
    WWE superstars are 7ft tall - I am, and you're not.
    Let's bring out a midget.

Fúck off Cass.
    Fúck off Vince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    SD turning into TNA with Samoa Joe wanting to face styles for the title if he retains at Backlash

Cheeky there from Shin. He's playing the heel role extremely well and I can't wait to see him get a low blow from Styles, prob act like he's dying

Either that, or he will be wearing a cup, so when AJ goes to hit him in the stones, he'll be unaffected

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Either that, or he will be wearing a cup, so when AJ goes to hit him in the stones, he'll be unaffected

If so Shin is a sly bastard

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gerrybbadd wrote: »

How stupid does AJ look for not wearing one, by now, in kayfabe?

At least if Nak moved onto something else like a chop block for example, it is not something AJ could defend against and in sporting terms is nasty.

Could extend it out to an eye poke, a bite, a choke, and so on.

Cass is ****. Seriously ****. Mason Ryan/Mike Knox/That big guy who appeared with Tyson Kidd for a week or two levels of ****.

Peyton is great though. She'll be a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The idiots are going to split up Rusev and English aren't they?:mad:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    The idiots are going to split up Rusev and English aren't they?:mad:

That’ll teach those bastards for getting over and selling a big chunk of merch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Imagine would weird WWE would be if they reversed there ideology and started burying the likes of Corbin, Big Cass and Reigns instead of the guys that are actually getting over

J. Marston wrote: »
    Peyton is great though. She'll be a star.

Peyton? Oh you mean Renee. :pac:

Don't know what they're thinking by splitting English and Rusev. Especially with the reasoning that Lana gave. "You lost to Taker, like most of the biggest names in WWE history. Clearly you didn't try hard enough"

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

More Money In The Bank qualifying matches set for tonight
    The Miz vs Jeff Hardy

Daniel Bryan vs Rusev

Charlotte Flair vs Peyton Royce

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    More Money In The Bank qualifying matches set for tonight
    The Miz vs Jeff Hardy

Daniel Bryan vs Rusev

Charlotte Flair vs Peyton Royce

im confused is there a seperate Raw and SD mens MITB match or is it the one match with 3 guys from each brand ??

Advertisement