Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    im confused is there a seperate Raw and SD mens MITB match or is it the one match with 3 guys from each brand ??

It's gonna be an 8 Man match with 4 guys from both RAW & Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That was lame by the bar

Acting skills as bad as Kurt Angle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

And Becky jobs again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Miz just has to win mitb and bryan wins title at summerslam and miz cashes in its so easy to book they wont do it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Its Rusev Daaaaaaaay!!!!

Could they actually be doing something right at last.

I know lads, I know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Paige is totally useless I just fast forward anytime she appears,becky now irrelevant in the womens division.

jrkb wrote: »
    Paige is totally useless I just fast forward anytime she appears,becky now irrelevant in the womens division.

That baxtard Kevin Dunn must of got his way when he said he disliked Becky's accent

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dunno about the accent thing. Asuka was probably the strongest booked woman ever and She. Talks. Like. This!

Becky is in a bad spot though. She was losing to the stars, now she's losing to the new girls like Peyton (who is good) and Mandy (who isn't).

J. Marston wrote: »
    Dunno about the accent thing. Asuka was probably the strongest booked woman ever and She. Talks. Like. This!

Becky is in a bad spot though. She was losing to the stars, now she's losing to the new girls like Peyton (who is good) and Mandy (who isn't).

shes losing to them cause she will make them look good and the company knows this with a bit of luck with marine coming out she gets a little push from it.

doubt it sadly

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    Miz just has to win mitb and bryan wins title at summerslam and miz cashes in its so easy to book they wont do it

Vince won’t be leaving Bryan anywhere near the main event or WWE title ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Think Vince is dicking Bryan around until he signs a new deal. Await one of the in the knows around here to tell me otherwise. :pac:

Either that or really is just a case of Vince not knowing what to do with Bryan in the short term at least. Should be in the main event but AJ and Naka still have mileage in spite of some ****e booking of their matches. Too early for Miz as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think it was a two-for-one for Vince. Have Bryan lose to Rusev, having the fans turn against Rusev. Of course it won't work.

I think MitB should also include someone from each of NXT and 205 Live. Though I suppose technically the 205 Live guys would be under the Raw banner.

And did Sheamus seriously agree to a Lucky Charms skit?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bryan's biggest strength is also a big weakness; losing a match to Rusev won't hurt his popularity at all.

I'll also point out that the entire focus after the match was still on Bryan. It wasn't a loss for the sake of a loss. It was treated as an important moment in Bryan's return.

And it should be; we're talking about someone who is only back a few weeks after not wrestling for years. There's a compelling story to be told there, revolving round Bryan having to accept that the roster around him is one of the best WWE have ever had, with top superstars at their pique. His journey back to the main event should not be instantaneous. It should be difficult for him to return.

Now.

The issue is WWE aren't great at portraying such a story over a long time. But I'm not worried about the loss to Rusev. If anything, I'm excited they gave Rusev such a clean win against a top guy. I'm curious to see how the story plays out, and if they can pull off the underdog story properly. Cause if they do, it will make that title win of Bryan's so much better. IF they can do it. Which I'm not always confident in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The above makes sense but its Road Dogg booking Smackdown and he is hopeless. To be fair Bryan should not be in a MITB match whatsoever, although obviously it would have looked very odd if he was not in a qualifying match.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If Bryan wins, they’re “burying” Rusev. If Rusev wins, as he did, it’s “crap booking”. Those aren’t quotes from anyone here or directed towards anyone here, but you just can’t fcuking win with many internet wrestling fans. Let them build the story and give us the payoff, and then make judgments.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Glad he is away from a ladder bout anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

martyos121 wrote: »
    If Bryan wins, they’re “burying” Rusev. If Rusev wins, as he did, it’s “crap booking”. Those aren’t quotes from anyone here or directed towards anyone here, but you just can’t fcuking win with many internet wrestling fans. Let them build the story and give us the payoff, and then make judgments.

To be fair putting those two in a round one match was a bit of an FU to that audience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Once Miz beat Jeff in the first match, there was no way Bryan was winning, otherwise their first encounter would have been a multiman match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

martyos121 wrote:
    If Bryan wins, they're burying Rusev. If Rusev wins, as he did, its crap booking. Those aren't quotes from anyone here or directed towards anyone here, but you just can't fcuking win with many internet wrestling fans. Let them build the story and give us the payoff, and then make judgments.

Probably because both have been booked poorly & in terms utilising talents when there is a big opportunity WWE are awful.
    Let's look at Rusev. Feud with Nakamura to give Shinsuke something to do, which he loses & they try to keep him heel for some unknown reason.
    Rusev was then put in the US title match at Mania to get it a reaction he also got pinned there, then was lost to the immobile Undertaker in a rotten casket match. He may win the MITB match cause they let Baron Corbin & others win one with no real plan for him.
    Brian has lost a lot of momentum since his comeback I think. He was in a tepid match at Mania after a good build, then saddled in a feud with Cass you couldn't do anything to cool him more.
    Broken Matt hardy was so over a year ago, now he isn't. Lashley was booked well by a Tna that was in utter turmoil & a month in WWE has him putting over how much he loves his sister's.
    Find it hard to give the WWE the benefit of doubt as creatively it's haphazard stuff.

rumours going around of an injury to a top star
    reports of Jeff Hardy limping after his dark match vs the Miz. Injury to his knee

• Advertisement

Guy looks like he's permanently in agony.

Looked at the spoilers and from what I read, I am going to immensely enjoy the opening of the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,257 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just go with Bryan FFS.

he's getting a big reaction being in the ring with fúcking Big Cass, after booking where he made Cass tap out, before being beaten up himself. he should've been dead to the crowd.

unfortunately, the boss is a fúcking thick, and believes the booking of Bryan months before Wrestlemania 30 are what go him over. whereas, Bryan got over despite the stupid booking.

so get ready for Cass to beat him at MITB or something fúcking moronic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Have to say that was my favourite Bryan segment since he announced his return. That's the Bryan I want to see and the crowd loved him beating the **** out of Cass.....a crowd that seemed otherwise subdued. Impressive.

Weird Almas started against a jobber. Needed a bigger more memorable intro than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Have to say that was my favourite Bryan segment since he announced his return. That's the Bryan I want to see and the crowd loved him beating the **** out of Cass.....a crowd that seemed otherwise subdued. Impressive.

Weird Almas started against a jobber. Needed a bigger more memorable intro than that.

Personally I've never had an issue with jobbers. Maybe it's cause I grew up on WWF Superstars and the like but there definitely is an argument that they end up giving away matches with no build just to fill 5 hours of Live TV every week.

Just look at Rollins and Owens opening Raw this week. Definite PPV quality match, has been a PPV main event and will be again no doubt. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed it but it does dilute the product somewhat.

I'm hoping that Bryan vs Nakamura for the title is the direction they're going in.

Nakamura should win the title at MITB after a few bad tries. Bryan is so hot and Summerslam is a big show, so he should be in there.

Styles might be there too for his rematch. Do a Triple threat. Honestly, I'd rather see Styles transition into a feud with Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,257 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

in an ideal world, Reigns would've beaten Lesnar at Wrestlemania, turned heel, cut a vicious angry promo after a vicious angry beat down of Bryan, and they'd have built to Summerslam, or even Wrestlemania for the final showdown.

but since Vince's Roman Boner ain't going away, Lord TSC's scenario is an excellent one.

Did Cass get the shovel?

Came out with a garbage promo. The delivery was crap (as always with him) but the content was terrible ("I tapped because I didn't want to be in the hold any longer. I was smart." What?) and then beat down in embarrassing style by 5'9 Daniel Bryan.

The "Where's Carmella?" chants were a little mean though.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Did Cass get the shovel?

The report was he was in the dog house for going off script during the little person beat down, and in that context, Bryan making him look like a bitch was telling, especially given Vince and their size differences...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Big E for MITB breifcase!!!

Guy is phenomenal, always makes me laugh!!!

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »
    Big E for MITB breifcase!!!

Guy is phenomenal, always makes me laugh!!!

really hope they give big e a singles push but not split up new day just yet. have him win the us title and give me a slow build heel turn leading to a new day triple threat match at mania next year like they should have done with the shield years ago

Advertisement