Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I look forward to a Big E push but the day they split I can't see much more for Kofi to do. Xavier might be ok.

May be that's why they've been together for so long; they know they have a good thing going and probably won't make the money they do now again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I don't get WWE doing Styles v Nakamura for the 4th time in 6 weeks, and having it on SD at all

Why not have them face different guys and whoever got it done faster gets to choose the stipulation

Why does everything have to be overkill, they're gonna turn these 2 into a Cena/Orton or Sheamus/Orton rivalry

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking myself when they had AJ's trivia card say how he beat Nakamura at Mania, GRR and Backlash that we give them stick for Reigns getting so many title shots. Like Nakamura shouldn't have got another shot after getting disqualified.
    Surprised Renee wasn't in the ring to interview him after the match to get his stipulation.

Becky actually won a match! Unfortunately I don't think it was for her benefit as much as it was to build a feud between Mandy and Sonya.

So what kind of stipulation are we expecting? I'm still holding out hope for the pole on a pole match.

As for the New Day in the ladder match, I can see Kofi representing simply because they like having him in these kinds of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So what kind of stipulation are we expecting? I'm still holding out hope for the pole on a pole match.

Roshambo match.

When was the last time we saw a last man standing match? If it really is the final blowoff match then thats a good way to put a definitive end to it

Maybe the first person to hit the other in the bawls wins?

• Advertisement

Cup on a pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/998598535900786688

Seems SMackdown is heading to Fox and WWE are going to get a big payday from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/998598535900786688

Seems SMackdown is heading to Fox and WWE are going to get a big payday from it.

Moving to Friday nights as well according to The Wrap who got their info from someone close to the deal.
    TheWrap has learned exclusively. The popular pro-wrestling show will air there on Fridays, a person with knowledge of the deal told us.

https://www.thewrap.com/wwe-smackdown-fox-broadcast-fridays-fall-2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,365 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Moving to Friday nights as well according to The Wrap who got their info from someone close to the deal.

https://www.thewrap.com/wwe-smackdown-fox-broadcast-fridays-fall-2019/

i wonder will they still tape Tuesday nights and then air it Fridays or will they tape it live Friday nights ???

Could be a balls regarding future euro tours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i wonder will they still tape Tuesday nights and then air it Fridays or will they tape it live Friday nights ???

Could be a balls regarding future euro tours

It'll have to be live I'd imagine. That's why it's worth so much to the TV stations, because it's live.

lol, Big Cass is hurt again

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/998612645476528129

Due to @BigCassWWE injury, @WWEDanielBryan will face @JEFFHARDYBRAND tomorrow night on #SDLive in a second chance match... The winner will face @SamoaJoe NEXT WEEK for an opportunity to qualify and enter the Men’s #MITB Ladder Match.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Injury injury? Or legitimate injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,621 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jeff vs Daniel now that could be something if given time.

Cass and Orton injured? Smackdown just got 200% more watchable.

They might give Almas a big push to fill a gap.

That was actually a really good episode of Smackdown, especially compared to Raw. It particularly shows how a great crowd can lift everything up. Even Lana/Kay had me grinning wildly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Aiden English is the highlight of Smackdown every week for me now.

Can we hope that they forgot about what they were hinting a couple weeks ago with a Rusev Day split?

Oh and anyone else find it strange that the title match is last man standing considering neither man could answer the count of 10 in the last match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

martyos121 wrote: »
    Aiden English is the highlight of Smackdown every week for me now.

Can't fathom them splitting Aiden from them, he's been great for Rusev and looks like he's going to give the same rub to Lana. What an entertaining segment Lana Day was!

English is a better hype man than Heyman these days. Wonder if he writes his own stuff?

Unfortunately for him, he's got a very Sandow feel to him so I can't ever see him succeeding on his own but he's great right now.

• Advertisement

Down the line he'd get mighty sympathy if Rusev was to turn on him, similar to Lana except the execution was terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Oh and anyone else find it strange that the title match is last man standing considering neither man could answer the count of 10 in the last match?

It is the most stupidly booked feud I could've imagined for these two.

It takes a special kind of dumb to fúck AJ/Nak up, but WWE have basically done the wrong, most illogical thing at pretty much every juncture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

SlickRic wrote:
    It takes a special kind of dumb to fúck AJ/Nak up, but WWE have basically done the wrong, most illogical thing at pretty much every juncture.

To name a few they have booked Broken Matt, Owens, Zayn, Lashley, Rusev, Asuka & even Charlotte in a confusing manner this year so why not mess up an easy thing.
    I think WWE knows no matter how much they mess something up the fans will stay coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

SlickRic wrote: »
    It is the most stupidly booked feud I could've imagined for these two.

Televising the Saudi farce and pretending it was something more than a house show hurt the feud and made the Backlash match pointless, but just this week on Smackdown I started to believe the animosity between them, or at least Nak's animosity towards AJ. It was crying out for a street fight or falls count anywhere or anything that removes the possibility of a countout. It will be some cop out if they roll it over again with the double count out finish.

Why they didn't have AJ low blow Nak out of frustration during one of their matches, get DQ'd, and then have Nak smugly demand a No DQ match is beyond me.

Easiest story in the world given how they started booking the feud.

I'm just wondering what way the women's title match will go. I think Carmella will win but there is no believable way for that to happen. Though she beat Charlotte clean and that wasn't too believable either

Tye vs Nakamura announced for Smackdown. Obviously so Nakamura can murder him and have him unable to answer a ten count ironically.

Still, that and Joe vs Bryan has me excited for Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Strange moving this forward an injury maybe??

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1001569172759838725?s=19

Actually video says mitb maybe just a typo

Nakamura is awesome. So freed up by the heel turn. i'm enjoying his 'counting to 10' stuff. it's simple, but effective.

i'm ok with Joe making Bryan pass out. he didn't out-wrestle him; he just snuck up on him and synched in his move. it should look that strong so that's fine.

Cass then booting him in the face is not ok though. just fúck off. at no point should Cass be portrayed as Bryan's equal. he's shít at everything.

he has a shít voice.
    he's shít athletically.
    he's shít at wrestling.

he's just fúcking shít.

bar being tall. he's good at that.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Nakamura is awesome. So freed up by the heel turn. i'm enjoying his 'counting to 10' stuff. it's simple, but effective.

i'm ok with Joe making Bryan pass out. he didn't out-wrestle him; he just snuck up on him and synched in his move. it should look that strong so that's fine.

Cass then booting him in the face is not ok though. just fúck off. at no point should Cass be portrayed as Bryan's equal. he's shat everything.

he has a shít voice.
    he's shít athletically.
    he's shít at wrestling.

he's just fúcking shít.

bar being tall. he's good at that.

"You're a 7ft catchphrase...that I wrote."

One of the best wrestling putdowns in recent years.

Advertisement