Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Cass is getting heat I suppose, its Xpac heat mind

Joe was getting some boos as well because he was against DB, shows how much a face the fans are behind matters because Joe normally gets that smarky heel reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Read Ric's post, not noticing who wrote it. Then when it got to Cass, I knew it was him. :)

Watching New Day reminds me that they are a good example of how Roman needs to be booked. When that team debuted they were faces but were booed. They finally did the heel turn and naturally turned face again.

And Lana won

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ah Slick. You can't be saying that about Cass.

b23.jpg

He is also **** at being tall. Always getting his head in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,365 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Booking wise Bryans in ring return has been disappointing. We have been waiting for 2.5 years for it to happen and after an Ok mania match they put him in a rivilary with Big Cass. Hoping they have there match at MITB and it ends there and for Summerslam we see Bryan going back to the top and challenging for the wwe title

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Booking wise Bryans in ring return has been disappointing. We have been waiting for 2.5 years for it to happen and after an Ok mania match they put him in a rivilary with Big Cass. Hoping they have there match at MITB and it ends there and for Summerslam we see Bryan going back to the top and challenging for the wwe title

I really think there killing time with him till we get to summerslam and we get him vs miz or aj or nakamaura

Theres a lot more hope than think

• Advertisement

Speaking of Miz, has there been any reason given as to why Bryan and Miz haven't interacted? Like Bryan requested Miz be drafted to Smackdown yet has stayed away from him. I know he's in a crappy feud with Cass but that shouldn't stop him.
    Imagine if on the internet people only argued with one person at a time.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Speaking of Miz, has there been any reason given as to why Bryan and Miz haven't interacted? Like Bryan requested Miz be drafted to Smackdown yet has stayed away from him. I know he's in a crappy feud with Cass but that shouldn't stop him.
    Imagine if on the internet people only argued with one person at a time.

Bryan is waiting

Imagine the pop if Bryan randomly attacked the miz after a match ???. Sure WWE prob don't think we will remember all there talking smack stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I think their hands are tied with Bryan's booking until he signs a new contract. It's frustrating that they haven't giving him a better feud, Cass is rubbish but they are trying to get him over as a top heel so pairing him with the top babyface makes sense from their point of view.

Until Bryan signs I'm afraid I can't see it changing. I'd imagine both sides would want numerous clauses in the contract. It's a huge stumbling block, can see it dragging out to be honest.

nazmoalex wrote: »
    I think their hands are tied with Bryan's booking until he signs a new contract. It's frustrating that they haven't giving him a better feud, Cass is rubbish but they are trying to get him over as a top heel so pairing him with the top babyface makes sense from their point of view.

Until Bryan signs I'm afraid I can't see it changing. I'd imagine both sides would want numerous clauses in the contract. It's a huge stumbling block, can see it dragging out to be honest.

It could always cause Bryan to say '**** it im better than this' but he has a wife and child that I'm sick of WWE mentioning and there's no need for it (same Siad for the miz)

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It could always cause Bryan to say '**** it im better than this' but he has a wife and child that I'm sick of WWE mentioning and there's no need for it (same Siad for the miz)

I'd say it's going come down to two things for Bryan. Realistically money. And potential to cut ties if they refuse to clear him in the future so he doesn't wind up in a GM role again. I personally think he's happy there now he's wrestling again. The big matches will come eventually, there's too much money to be made to keep him away from the main event.
    Bryan is in a really good position either way, he'll do what's right for him. I hope he stays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Joe making Bryan pass out is good booking in isolation. Like it would be an awesome development in a proper joe/Bryan feud......too bad it means fcuk all in the current circumstances.

And then to top it off with Cass booting him in the face.....who is Bryan actually feuding with and where is it actually going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Couldn't they just have had Samoa Joe v Bryan at the ppv with miz interfering if they are going that way for summers lam.

I find cass just boring. Really not sure why they've been paired together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Oh, and they're booking is summed up by what they did with Lana. The crowd turned her big time face last week only to have her heel it up this week. :o

And in a nothing feud as well, could understand if the Usos still had the titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I find cass just boring. Really not sure why they've been paired together.

he's big.
    Bryan is small.
    Vince likes to accentuate size.
    Because he thinks it's 1985.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

To be fair the dynamic if a small guy like Bryan taking down the bigger heel is just classic storytelling. If your asking why Cass specificly, hes a young guy and could benefit from working, and getting a rub from being paired with an experienced guy.

ive always enjoyed the bigger vs smaller dynamic but cass really has nothing to give be it in ring or on the mic.

The last 2 weeks of finn vs braun has shown me that you can pull off the big guy small guy dynamic just need the right people

Was just thinking when I saw Nikki Cross on NXT, weren't Sanity meant to be on Smackdown?
    Maybe attack Bludegeon Brothers at/after MitB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just thinking when I saw Nikki Cross on NXT, weren't Sanity meant to be on Smackdown?
    Maybe attack Bludegeon Brothers at/after MitB

There’s been suggestions that Vince doesn’t rate Sanity. How true that is I don’t know.

sky88 wrote: »
    ive always enjoyed the bigger vs smaller dynamic but cass really has nothing to give be it in ring or on the mic.

The last 2 weeks of finn vs braun has shown me that you can pull off the big guy small guy dynamic just need the right people

To be fair to Cass, hes still learning and being paired with Bryan will only elevate him snd help him in his development. I see no problem with him and DB feuding.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    To be fair to Cass, hes still learning and being paired with Bryan will only elevate him snd help him in his development. I see no problem with him and DB feuding.

I think the issue stems from the fact that for all those years Bryan was out, if you'd asked people to put a list of feuds together for his first feud back, no one would have had Cass near their top 20 choices.

I don't mind the feud IF Bryan goes over this weekend. Bryan probably needed a midcarder guy to re-establish his character like this anyway. Beat Cass on Sunday and move into a full feud with Nakamura or Joe though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I think the issue stems from the fact that for all those years Bryan was out, if you'd asked people to put a list of feuds together for his first feud back, no one would have had Cass near their top 20 choices.

I don't mind the feud IF Bryan goes over this weekend. Bryan probably needed a midcarder guy to re-establish his character like this anyway. Beat Cass on Sunday and move into a full feud with Nakamura or Joe though.

Sorry to disappoint you, but if you think MITB is this weekend....

bad-news-barrett-gif.gif

Sunday 2 weeks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

martyos121 wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint you, but if you think MITB is this weekend....

bad-news-barrett-gif.gif

Sunday 2 weeks. :(

Suits me better as I happen to be off on the Monday anyway!

I must admit, the longer gap between PPVs is a welcome change. Not that the build for MITB is great or anything, but the gap gives it a bit more importance.

Now if we could just have a functioning champion we'd have a working product

I've long defended their use of Lesnar and didn't mind the long gaps so much until now, but it really is a bit of a joke no matter what they're paying Lesnar, although if we get Rollins beating him at Summerslam it might be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah late April until whenever in August Summerslam takes place, Lesnar being MIA until then, I just wish he'd F Off back to UFC already.

Honestly would have eilas win the ic title with rollins being screwed leaving it open for him to challenge lesnar at summerslam

But thats too much to ask with this company

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    Honestly would have eilas win the ic title with rollins being screwed leaving it open for him to challenge lesnar at summerslam

But thats too much to ask with this company

Apparently the original plan for MITB was for
    Strowman to win the briefcase and cash in later that night after Reign/Lesnar
    , but since plans changed, the original was scrapped :(

Rollins challenging and winning at Summerslam, we can dream.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Apparently the original plan for MITB was for
    Strowman to win the briefcase and cash in later that night after Reign/Lesnar
    , but since plans changed, the original was scrapped :(

Rollins challenging and winning at Summerslam, we can dream.

Then build up a proper rivalry between Finn and Seth(with either going heel , similar to Nakamura)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I think Joe sweated more setting up a ladder and cutting a promo than I have in the last 2 weeks of 20+ degree weather. :p

• Advertisement

I know Vince probably doesnt like it, but i think Joe sweating like a mofo just adds an extra layer of intensity to his promos

Best in the WWE atm, nobody is on form on the mic like he is

Please let him win MITB, so much he could do with the briefcase

Advertisement