Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

If Joe won the briefcase, much like Strowman.....I'd hope he names a time of place. Joe cashing in on a weakened champ would just be weird.......unless that champ was Bryan, in that case it would be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Please let him win MITB, so much he could do with the briefcase

Rather see Miz win it. Much more polished than he was last time he was champion.
    Can't help but look at Joe & consider him years past his prime physically, even though he has finally learned how to cut a promo without conatantly shouting to emphasise the main points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Id rather see Miz kept away from the title picture and finally getting this program with Daniel Bryan

Miz isn't an interesting Mr MITB, he's a chicken heel who'll cash in when the champion is down, whereas Joe could do so much more with the briefcase and we wouldn't necessarily be waiting for the champion to be attacked for a cash in

The only people I wouldn't like to win MITB would be Miz and Roode, at least in his current face form anyway, any of the other guys would be interesting to see as the holder for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The only reason id want miz to win would be if cashes in straight after bryan wins the title

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Smackdown is so super solid, and enjoyable.

Even the under card has proper stories and feuds.

And I'm enjoying the New Day getting the attention they are. Though Big E, Rusev and Joe in the ring at once was a whooooole lot of meat....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky got a clean as a whistle win over Charlotte. There's hope for her yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »

Balor was positioned strong on Raw this week as well. Which means one thing, WWE are aware of how popular Becky and Finn are and they are teasing them as potential winners of MITB where in fact there are there just to make up the numbers.

They won't win and will be immediately shoved into random feuds after MITB with little direction or payoff for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

That was the best contract signing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

J. Marston wrote: »

I thought that as well, but as usual they decided to take away from her by saying Charlotte's head hasn't been right since losing the title, as if Becky couldn't win through her own efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I thought that as well, but as usual they decided to take away from her by saying Charlotte's head hasn't been right since losing the title, as if Becky couldn't win through her own efforts.

They’re always going to position Charlotte over her in the long run. Becky’s probably rated number 3 out of the 4 horsewomen by the powers that be. It’s a bit sad as she’s awesome and the crowds love her, but at least she’s not Bayley.

• Advertisement

It always suprises me that charlotte doesnt get a lot more grief for constantly being on top and being booked so strongly like roman does.

I know the flair name will carry her some of the way and but i honestly feel her performances for the most part hasnt been up to her own high standards this year.

Because she isn't a gowl like Roman is.

Her gender-flipped passable impression of Ric is infinitely more tolerable than Roman's super try-hard "The Guy/BIG DAWG" persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Backstage Bryan promo after Smackdown went off the air.

Shin bone to the dome, when yo mama ain't home :pac:

Liked the old school interview with Cass. Can't remember the last time an interview was performed there as opposed to the ring, backstage or ramp.

And was getting worried when Carmella said she had the truth about Asuka. Thought it would be another This is Your Life Bayley or Lashley's sisters

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i like the 'big v small' story, as a general story in combat. David v Goliath is a story that has stood the test of time for a reason.

Shawn Michaels has said openly before that his favourite type of match was when he had to face a big, strong guy. Why? Because it's the easiest story to tell in the ring, and get a crowd invested (if you can work). The big man is too powerful, but at some point, the little guy will fight back, and the crowd should go 'ooooh, he has a chance'.

but this Bryan v Cass stuff is just embarrassingly pathetic, and Bryan is working wonders with a fúcking shít premise, lazy storytelling and a godawful dance partner in Cass.

the reason it's pathetic is that the ENTIRE fúcking story is just that Cass is big, and Michaels is small. that's what their hook is.

When Michaels faced Diesel, Sid or Taker, there was depth to the backstory that went beyond their size.
    When Bryan was facing HHH, there was obviously depth to it.
    Even back when Hogan was facing Andre, there was more to it than size. You had Andre's career. You had Heenan. Etc. Etc.

they're just lazy now.

it's a pity, because much of the rest of the show was decent.

but Cass is a stain on the show.

Would actually help Cass if he was allowed to mention Enzo. Maybe say the reason he had it in for Bryan was because he had been held back before by a little guy

Bryan vs Benjamin

Jeff Hardy vs Nakamura

Both matches announced for tonight.

Forgot Shelton was still there

They sound like lovely bouts that will lead to long term interesting feuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A grand total of 0 posts about Smackdown. Brilliant :P

• Advertisement

I just check Reddit for any cool/funny/interesting clips. Best way to watch Raw or Smackdown now. See the cool move or good promo instead of watching the same stuff each week.

- Match starts
    - Suicide dive to go to break
    - Heel in control when ads end
    - Probable unsatisfying finish

Wonder if any of those matches were happening for the first time ever?

Seeing the women this week made me realise their MitB match has only one real heel in Alexa.

New Day were at E3 where Woods was playing in a Fortnite Pro-Am tournament, so that video was obviously recorded.

I enjoy Smackdown. It's solid, even if it's unspectacular.
    NewDay vs Miz is silly but fun, the matches are fresh.

I saw a road Dogg left to go to Raw and that's bloody obvious...

So who's over Smackdown now?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So who's over Smackdown now?

Ryan Ward I’m guessing. He was there the whole time, Road Dogg was just promoted directly above him. With him gone, I’m assuming Ward is doing his thing. He’s the man responsible for peak NXT and SD Live, but I’m not sure if those were more of a team effort. I can imagine Road Dogg taking full control of things and vetoing ideas left, right and centre, ala Vince.

No. 1 Contender's gauntlet match tonight with
    Big E, The Miz, Daniel Bryan, Samoa Joe and Rusev.

A chance for Big E to shine? Will Bryan and Miz be kept separate? Maybe have Bryan be first in and beat 2 guys before losing to the 4th with Miz being number 5.

Bryan gets a good run only to come undone against Joe again who goes on to win is how I would book it. Some good short and long term booking there.

Lets face it bryan will lose to cass interference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

sky88 wrote: »
    Lets face it bryan will lose to cass interference

He won't now with Cass being let go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He won't now with Cass being let go

Holy ****, that was unexpected.

Advertisement