Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wait, really?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wait, really?

Yeah WWE threw a link up o bout 10 mins ago on Facebook. On phone so can't link.

Nevermind link above :pac:

I've left the initial posts but moved the reactions over to its own thread now.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057883942

Killian Dain instagramed out a graphic saying they debut vs Usos tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I never know how to feel about characters like Sanity using Instagram and/or Twitter.
    "We are chaos! We fight against the system! You can find us on highly popular social media outlets such as Twitter and Instagram where we have been verified!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

#MadYokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Asuka storms to the ring with no bull****. Awesome.

Carmella makes Asuka look like an utter tool again. Christ. So close....

Not shocked with that result in the main event. After all, Extreme Rules does fall on Rusev Day, so only right he gets a title shot.

Loved the Gauntlet match. Big E looked brilliant against Bryan. The Miz moment was fantastic. Not sure what the Bludgeon Brothers are doing with Bryan, but Harper vs Bryan should be a good match. Feels like Bryan shifted one seven foot lump for two though.

Broken Jeff vs Nakamura should be a weird feud but in a good way.

The camera work during Sanitys stuff was nausiating.

Renee was pretty close to breaking twice during Nakamura's promo. Was funny to watch.

Nice to see Rusev getting a shot. We've all been wanting WWE to give him a chance for months so maybe they do listen, it just takes them a while....and only for certain people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I love the way WWE will do sweet fa with an over guy in Rusev for so long and then give him a title shot

I mean he has no chance but it will be a fun feud until AJ faces Joe or Bryan at Summerslam hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Delighted to see Rusev finally get a shot but i think the way he had a go at english for not shaking AJ's hand, we got a peek at what will happen in the match.

Miz and Bryan is going to happen, but how great it could have been if Miz had won MITB, and they kept them apart until Bryan won the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lucky escape for Bryan last night damn nearly was spiked on his head in that power slam by Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I love the way WWE will do sweet fa with an over guy in Rusev for so long and then give him a title shot

I mean he has no chance but it will be a fun feud until AJ faces Joe or Bryan at Summerslam hopefully

It's about time, but the timing is off, because WWE are obsessed with 'swerving' you. if this was booked like a regular wrestling company, by a normal person, they'd have pushed Rusev when he was quite blatantly getting over.

Instead they give him a sudden shot at Styles.

But hey, we're conditioned to it now. So we accept it, and actually get a little excited about it.

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's about time, but the timing is off, because WWE are obsessed with 'swerving' you. if this was booked like a regular wrestling company, by a normal person, they'd have pushed Rusev when he was quite blatantly getting over.

Instead they give him a sudden shot at Styles.

But hey, we're conditioned to it now. So we accept it, and actually get a little excited about it.

Its also this WWE thing of getting everything out of somebody to ‘rub’ other people before pushing someone

I always remember AJ losing to Jericho at Mania before becoming number 1 contender the following night, instead of having him beat a multi time champ and making him look like a big deal on a big stage they used him up before building him up

In a better world Rusev could have beaten a Jeff Hardy or Shelton Benjamin at MITB instead of making up the numbers in the multi man match

In a better world Rusev could have beaten a Jeff Hardy or Shelton Benjamin at MITB instead of making up the numbers in the multi man match

On the other hand, Rusev has beaten Bryan AND Joe in recent weeks, and got a lot of attention as part of the MITB match, which was often booked more as the main event than Styles vs Nakamura was.

I agree WWE missed the crescendo, but it does feel like they've started to move up up towards the bottom level of the main event tier. I'd say this will be a once off match, a burn burner before Styles moves onto his more important feud for Summerslam. But I'm just happy that we get a fresh feud for the month, a fresh match up at the PPV that should be very good if given time, and that Rusev is getting some sort of reward for the crowd reaction, even if it was a little late.

And it was a 5 man gauntlet where I would've been happy with any of them winning. Not a Roman, Randy or Jinder in sight.

Did like the wee dig from Bryan to Miz in the interview. Great they can keep that feud going.

So how many matches at this Extreme Rules PPV, where there are no rules, will have rules?

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1011740433364520960?s=19

So ummm that is different. Sums up his run in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1011740433364520960?s=19

So ummm that is different. Sums up his run in a way.

They do say dogs take after their owners.

Clearly the dog found all the twitching suspicious.

• Advertisement

Omg that ending

I never realised I needed that Reunion until it happened. I was half expecting them to go with Bryan/Miz vs Bludgeon instead

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Omg that ending

I never realised I needed that Reunion until it happened. I was half expecting them to go with Bryan/Miz vs Bludgeon instead
    Kane yet again

must have a break from mayoral office duties, i suppose its only a part time deal, hope its less goofy as team hell no

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Kane yet again

must have a break from mayoral office duties, i suppose its only a part time deal, hope its less goofy as team hell no

i hope its just as goofy

bryan wouldnt have got over to the extent he is without team hell no

I'd probably be more annoyed Sanity lost if it wasn't so blatantly obvious WWE called them & many more up from NXT before knowing what to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That ending was the best moment in WWE so far this year, I hope it’s just as funny this time around. Turning Team Hell No into yet another serious, cookie-cutter tag team would be an awful idea. I’m excited to see more of Smackdown now! :D

We go from one of the worst way of keeping DB busy out of the title picture or away from Miz to one of the best ways of keeping him busy

SD doing business these days, miles better than Raw

Paige is a good GM. Far more tolerable than Angle at least.

I really don't like that face paint hardy wears with the eyes. I didn't like it in Impact and I don't like it here. Just looks stupid and I'm always hoping he trips while walking around with his eyes closed.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Paige is a good GM. Far more tolerable than Angle at least.

In kayfabe, Kurt seems to go into most shows with no matches booked ahead of time. One of these days, everyone will just not want to fight and he'll have no matches....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Kurts acting is so so so bad

Shane McMahon must be on a nice break didn't see him in weeks

Advertisement