Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Yeah as I've said before Ambrose is horribly overrated in the ring, he's very plodding and slow and a lot of his spots don't make a whole lot of sense. He also handles his character poorly too I feel. The way I look at it, I can't buy someone being a lunatic if he himself keeps telling me that he is a lunatic and wears t-shirts saying he should in an asylum. It comes off as a bit desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

The bit with Ambrose dressed up as the Mountie is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.
    Also had a good chuckle at Bryan on talking smack not even trying to defend booking decisions and just outright stating he doesn't actually make the decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Expecting Bryan to be removed from the GM role (wrote off TV) when his daughter is born and he won't return for a while

Shane could leave after mania too

Paul Heymen as commissioner with Bubba Ray Dudley as GM

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

hqdefault.jpg

That time of the bastard week again, Smackdown Live's go home for the TLC PPV..

Preview..

Who will challenge the SmackDown Tag Team Champions at WWE TLC?
    After battling their way through five other teams in a fierce Texas Turmoil on SmackDown LIVE last week, American Alpha must now go head-to-head with Randy Orton & Bray Wyatt tonight with the winner taking on SmackDown Tag Team Champions Heath Slater and Rhyno at WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs this Sunday.

Since the moment they made their SmackDown LIVE debut, Jason Jordan & Chad Gable have been out to prove that they are the best tandem on Tuesday nights. However, can they stand tall against the rising scourge of The New Wyatt Family, still riding the horrific momentum from their huge victory in the 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Men’s Elimination Match?

Ellsworth is a SmackDown Superstar. Now what?
    In case you’ve been living under a rock – and no, not the People’s Champion variety – James Ellsworth defeated WWE World Champion AJ Styles in a Ladder Match last week to become an official member of the SmackDown LIVE roster!

So, what happens next? Well, for starters, perhaps Team Blue’s newest competitor will start thinking about utilizing his newly-acquired WWE World Title Match – another byproduct of last week’s victory over The Phenomenal One. But will that be good for his overall health? Styles will no doubt want retribution on Ellsworth for the humiliation he has suffered in recent weeks, and that cannot be good for the chinless athlete. Then again, Ellsworth does currently hold three victories over “The Champ that Runs the Camp.” So who knows?

In any event, with AJ Styles ready to battle Dean Ambrose in a WWE TLC Match this Sunday at WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs, you can bet The Lunatic Fringe will have something to say (and do) about it. Ambrose welcomes James Ellsworth into the Ambrose Asylum tonight.

Is Alexa Bliss due for an Irish Lass Kicking?
    Following a controversial finish to SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch’s title showdown against Alexa Bliss in Glasgow, Scotland, several weeks ago, the two Superstars once again clash this Sunday at WWE TLC.

Judging from Alexa’s attack on the titleholder last week, it’s safe to assume that their Survivor Series truce is all done. Becky will surely be out for payback, so expect both combustible elements to come at each other full force on the final show before their pay-per-view rematch. Perhaps the only remaining question is: Will there be anything left of either Superstar by the time Sunday rolls around?

SmackDown LIVE provides A-list opportunity to gain the advantage
    Like him or hate him, no one can argue that The Miz is a tremendous Intercontinental Champion. Then again, with five reigns to his credit, Dolph Ziggler is no slouch himself.

So, as the longstanding adversaries gear up for an Intercontinental Title Ladder Match Intercontinental Title at WWE TLC, there’s no telling how far either will go on SmackDown LIVE to gain momentum. If history tells us anything, though, The Showoff had better keep one eye on his imminent opponent, and the other squarely on his crafty wife, Maryse.

Keep your seats as Corbin and Kalisto prepare for Chairs Match
    Fair warning to Baron Corbin: Kalisto is ready to play your game … and you may be sorry that he is. Last week, after The Lone Wolf cost him both the Cruiserweight Title at Survivor Series and the Intercontinental Title on SmackDown LIVE, the masked Superstar invaded Corbin’s match against Kane and unleashed an excruciating steel chair assault.

Now that the two Superstars will officially face off in a Chairs Match at WWE TLC, it will be interesting to see whether either of these guys will be looking to get in some practice swings tonight.

SKY SPORTS 5 - 01:00 a.m

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

James Ellsworths fame is now over thanks to AJ Styles

A ton of much needed hat for Styles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Maybe Ellsworth should be kept off TV until the Rumble. I've enjoyed the storyline but it's starting to feel a bit much for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

That's styles clash on the steps look incredibly dangerous to anybody else?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kankan14 wrote: »
    That's styles clash on the steps look incredibly dangerous to anybody else?!

Realistically, it's only a slightly elevated version of the normal move.

But everyone involved sold it brilliantly. AJ with his smarmyness, Elsworth with his selling and the commentators' reactions, first being shocked and then the moments of silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Realistically, it's only a slightly elevated version of the normal move.

But everyone involved sold it brilliantly. AJ with his smarmyness, Elsworth with his selling and the commentators' reactions, first being shocked and then the moments of silence.

I guess so. I was surprised it was allowed as a spot though given the move's already documented danger. Either way you are correct,everyone sold like a champion!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Smackdown using "b!tch", "b*stard" and talking about Nikki's tiwns? Trying to be more PG-13?

Thought it was a pretty good show, leading into all the matches, apart from the tag match. Enjoyed the Becky/Alexa contract signing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

King Ross with all the WTF Moments from Smackdown Live..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great job killing Ellsworth.

Now keep him off TV till the Royal Rumble and give the middle number between Brock and Goldberg and have the two of them destroy him again.

Appear next week again with a neck brace since that always seems to be the solution to all attacks. Maybe have him drinking flat 7Up as well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I really enjoyed Smackdown. It’s nothing blow away, but nothing seems like a waste of time. Everything goes at the right pace and it hit all the right notes going into the PPV for a go home show.

Becky and Alexa is set up nicely to a point where a few weeks ago I thought Becky would be a no brainer but now I’m not quite sure. Job done. And after their last match, I think they can up pull off an interesting match to say the least. It’s so much fresher than the Raw womens feud.

Carmella and Nikki is built up nicely again. Years ago this would be a try away bathroom break match, but now it means something. Though the winner of this may give away the winner of the other female battle.

Bray and Randy is a feud that I never wanted to see, yet SD once again makes you invest in this story and Randy is playing his part to perfection. Best Wyatt feud since Cena. I expect them to take the gold from Rhyno and Heath, but Randy could easily turn in a heartbeat on Bray (out of nowhere like ha). Again I’m invested, which is the main thing even if I think the match will be less than steller. Heath and Rhyno seem like interim champs though, waiting to be usurped

Ellsworth needed that to be written off and more importantly, AJ and Dean needed it. AJ gets the heat to make him credible as a heel (something Seth Rollins never got as Champ during his heel run) and he instantly looks like a man you don’t cross. Dean now has the fuel to lose the wackiness as he can focus on AJ and not be side-tracked by Ellsworths comedy Shtick. With AJ involved, and Deans fantastic bumping, I’m sure we will get a highly entertaining match, which makes the most out of the stip.

Overall its looking good for this PPV to be very much a home run show.

Great job killing Ellsworth.

Now keep him off TV till the Royal Rumble and give the middle number between Brock and Goldberg and have the two of them destroy him again.

Great idea. Though Id love Goldberg and Brock to be squaring up to each other only for Ellsworths theme to hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

There doing such a great job with the women on smackdown compared to raw of having good solid feuds with more the 2 of the wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Loved the Becky Lynch backstage promo this week. Maybe my favourite Becky promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Becky had two talking segments on smackdown and was a guest on talking smack despite people claiming a few weeks ago that she's not being allowed to talk. She was excellent in all her segments and dealt with miz very well on talking smack.
    Only about a half hour after the contact signing was great work by Carmella and Nikki Bella. Great to see a show push two major women's feuds at the one time.

The result of the main event should mean that American Alpha will be furious that they've earned a title match twice and still haven't received a title match.

AJ Styles has been on fire with his promos since turning heel and I am really looking forward to him and Ambrose in the TLC match. It's weird that Styles has been beat by James Ellsworth three times and it doesn't seem to have hurt him at all.

I can't wait for TLC, a good few feuds that have been going for the last few months look set to come to an end. Smackdown is such a good tv show. I look forward to it and talking smack every week and they never disappoint.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I have no idea where the IC belt goes after those guys unless Corbin / Kalisto get involved that division is pretty thin. Think it looks like Dean might be free too and i'm also suspecting the dead man might get the next title feud from AJ (before then facing Cena at mania).

Was just wondering, have Ryder and Hawkins met up since Hawkins came back? Maybe in an online exclusive or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just wondering, have Ryder and Hawkins met up since Hawkins came back? Maybe in an online exclusive or something?

I have no idea where the IC belt goes after those guys unless Corbin / Kalisto get involved that division is pretty thin. Think it looks like Dean might be free too and i'm also suspecting the dead man might get the next title feud from AJ (before then facing Cena at mania).

My theory is that AJ and Dolph win their respective feuds this Sunday. AJ goes to work with taker at the rumble, Miz moves on to feud with Ambrose and Dolph, the new IC champ goes on to a new challenge. I dunno who that is as his feud with Corbin previously was horrible, and though Dolph himself has risen in stature since then, I fear a Corbin feud would undo that. (Not a fan of Corbin myself).

But Smackdown has had a nack of making the most out of its stars and direct feuds may cool off until after the rumble to an extent. You could have Ambrose, Miz, Dolph, Kalisto, Corbin, Kane, Bray and Orton all go into a program concerning the rumble and NXT promotions between now and the rumble could add depth too. (Tye Dillenger or Joe perhaps).

Ortons feud with Bray is going nicely for me too and I originally Expect it to end after the rumble so Orton can go on to face AJ Styles. Bray could go into a program with Dolph afterwards, which I would welcome.

I think they will take their time with the Bray Randy thing so i'd say mania at most but tbh I like it and most of SDs stories in general. I'm not a 100% sure on the reason Taker will face AJ storyline wise but it makes sense if he is back for at least a Rumble (PPV) match as well as a Mania match plus build appearances & maybe a match or two on top of that which is what it sounds like. AJ & Cena vs Taker in matches (separate of course) would be nice anyway and yeah long term I could see Dean moving between mid card title feuds and the main event scene. I dunno if I think he will go straight from World title challenging to IC title challenging but him vs the Miz would work well as the main undercard feud to the Wyatt story (Tag champs?) and the World title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

With Nakamura scheduled to lose to Joe in Japan, and the elimination chamber being raw exclusive, is there anything to be said for Nakamura winning the Rumble as a Smackdown participant and then elimination chamber being used to decide Raws no.1 contender?

Sirsok wrote: »
    With Nakamura scheduled to lose to Joe in Japan, and the elimination chamber being raw exclusive, is there anything to be said for Nakamura winning the Rumble as a Smackdown participant and then elimination chamber being used to decide Raws no.1 contender?

]Firstly I haven’t enjoyed Nakamura vs Joe as of yet. Two great talents and just not clicking. Im sure that’s a possibility, I feel anything can happen at this stage. I don’t think it’s a cert that Joe wins in Japan. On one side, WWE likes hometown heroes to lose but I feel they only took the belt of Nak so he can win it back in Japan. Also,
    Bobby Roode is the number 1 contender and as of writing he’s still an obvious heel. Him versus Joe wouldn’t work as they are unless one turned and I don’t see any reason to turn either of them. Nak would be my choice to regain the gold and go on to face Roode with Joe hitting the Main roster. Which brand is a coin toss at this stage

i think theyll string out randy/bray untill mania and have there match there. At a guess they win the titles then eventually drop it to usos or aa when randy turns on bray. well i hope something like that happens.

for sure i thought it was going to be cena/aj at mania but with taker hovering over im not so certain now.

then i think becky is turning heel to fight nikki at mania as well. Becky to be revealed to attack her at survivor series due to her being made captain even though she was the champ.

sky88 wrote: »
    then i think becky is turning heel to fight nikki at mania as well. Becky to be revealed to attack her at survivor series due to her being made captain even though she was the champ.

I was thinking the same thing. Carmella has been accussed and denied it, Nattie will be accused and a similar program will happen until a reveal. I wouldn't think Becky would be the most natural heel in WWE, but shes been heel on the indies before (her evil Irish dancer schtick) so its not unlikely. I have faith in the SD writing team to get the best out of a turn if that's the road they go down. They've done wonders with Carmella and Alexa, both have been slowly built up from literally nothing to seem important.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing. Carmella has been accussed and denied it, Nattie will be accused and a similar program will happen until a reveal. I wouldn't think Becky would be the most natural heel in WWE, but shes been heel on the indies before (her evil Irish dancer schtick) so its not unlikely. I have faith in the SD writing team to get the best out of a turn if that's the road they go down. They've done wonders with Carmella and Alexa, both have been slowly built up from literally nothing to seem important.

She had brief run on nxt as a heel she showed some promising heel tendencies to me but never fleshed it out fully.would agree that shes a natural face but i think they'll want a nikki title win as a comeback story.

theyll also end with a possible cena and nikki title wins for mania.

Doubt that she would turn and would think that the attacker reveal would be Nikki Bellas plot heading into The Rumble not Mania. I def could see those two at mania though, i'd say it was the plan all along since the brand split. Easily the biggest match they can make and they both are present strong. The champ and first female draft pick vs The "WWE veteran" and Smackdown captain who gets storylines revolving around how she is Nikki Bella.

I feel like Bellas work better as Heels (and Becky as a face) but that it'd be face vs face going into it but one could turn at mania / after a loss.

• Advertisement

Doubt that she would turn and would think that the attacker reveal would be Nikki Bellas plot heading into The Rumble not Mania. I def could see those two at mania though, i'd say it was the plan all along since the brand split. Easily the biggest match they can make and they both are present strong. The champ and first female draft pick vs The "WWE veteran" and Smackdown captain who gets storylines revolving around how she is Nikki Bella.

I feel like Bellas work better as Heels (and Becky as a face) but that it'd be face vs face going into it but one could turn at mania / after a loss.

i wonder would they say nikki faked the attack and she turns on becky. it would make no sense but its wwe its never stopped them before.

Advertisement