Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

such a better show that RAW. my fúcking God.

AJ v Almas was beautiful. So fresh. Almas looked a million bucks, with AJ having the maturity to let him show off. but the Champion won. as he should. but you now have a threat to the roster. just shows that you can be elevated in losing when it's done right, and it's done with someone as talented as AJ.

Orton was as fresh as he's been in a decade. hopefully they continue with this. the piercing pull angle was creative and effective. i didn't like Hardy having a decisive visual pin over Nak, but meh. nit picking.

Miz v Bryan's trigger has been pulled. Excellent. Part of me would love them to hold off until Mania, unless Bryan ends up being positioned for a run at AJ for next year.

New Day were even fun, and I'm generally completely bored by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Saw someone online asking if the woman asking for quiet on the set is the same woman at the beginning of the Sanity entrance.

Anyone else think Lana lost her accent for most of her conversation with Aiden? This is like George Martin all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Saw someone online asking if the woman asking for quiet on the set is the same woman at the beginning of the Sanity entrance.

Anyone else think Lana lost her accent for most of her conversation with Aiden? This is like George Martin all over again.

Yeah noticed that,does she not talk in her own accent on total divas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Holy shít, Orton gave an interesting promo. I'm shocked.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Will watch tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Great promo....would have been even better if he could have cut loose on the crowd even further.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Orion promo was great.

Styles vs Joe was great. Loved Joes segment with Paige after the attack.

If you can ignore the niggle that Bryan was about to attack the Miz who was holding a baby, it's a good start to their feud.

And Becky wins a title shot too.

Smackdown is such a better example of writing than Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Just imagine saying 3-5 years ago

AJ Styles v Samoa Joe at Summerslam for the WWE title

Was only conceivable in dreams, and fer fetched ones at that

That Orton promo shows why he should never, ever be a babyface. Ever. He can't do it, and is just too naturally unlikeable.

Just let him be a prick, and that's it. Some will cheer him for being a great prick, but just ignore it. Always.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Just imagine saying 3-5 years ago

AJ Styles v Samoa Joe at Summerslam for the WWE title

Was only conceivable in dreams, and fer fetched ones at that

and AJ is currently in a 8 month reign as wwe champion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Orton was great last night, a true return to form for him and I can’t wait to see more.

I don’t know what the fcuk they’re doing with Sanity though. I get that they’re high on New Day (and rightly so for all the merch they sell) but it’s criminal to call them up and waste them like this. First big match they have and they lose it. I have faith in Smackdown to give them something meaningful to do down the line, but it’s a terrible start for them.

Okay, the Orton promo was good.

Don't understand what they're doing with Sanity either. Unless New Day are going to be champs again, Sanity should've beat them.

Joe vs AJ at SummerSlam should be cool to see.

And I must say Paige as GM has far surpassed Angle. How many times did she appear last night and they all appeared more natural than when she first started the job and more than Angle.
    Plus her appearance has improved as well. Don't just mean that in saying she looks hotter. But simply she looks healthier.

Ellsworth to attack Becky at SummerSlam?

How hard do you think it was to convince Aiden to do that bit? "Aiden, we need you to go out and get sandwiched between Lana and Zelina... Aiden? Aiden, wait for the cue!"

SlickRic wrote: »
    That Orton promo shows why he should never, ever be a babyface. Ever. He can't do it, and is just too naturally unlikeable.

Just let him be a prick, and that's it. Some will cheer him for being a great prick, but just ignore it. Always.

He’s such a good prick people end up liking them and WWE turn him face because of his positive reactions

It's the RKO. People love it too much. Might be why he did the "R...K...*drops mic*" to finish his promo.

He’s such a good prick people end up liking them and WWE turn him face because of his positive reactions

and that is dumb.

Flair got great reactions in his heyday; it didn't mean he was turned face (bar his run with Terry Funk).

same happened with HHH. obviously they had no choice but to have him main event Wrestlemania in '02 after his injury, but then WWE quickly learned HHH's value was as a heel, because he's a brilliant prick too.

all it is is 'Steve Austin Syndrome'. they nailed his turn once he was cheered while a heel against Bret, and WWE often think that will work for anyone getting a cheer. it just doesn't. that was an insane cocktail of Bret leaving, the Screwjob, the resulting perception of Vince, the late 90s being a time where we all wanted to tell our bosses to fúck themselves, and Austin being the perfect guy at that perfect time.

So will 'the first all women's ppv ' be the new '9.99'

This PPV will be plugged to death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Did my ears deceive me or was Miz getting cheers and laughs from the audience? This is why Ciampa would probably not work quite as well on the main roster...too many smarks unwilling to go along with the show.

Poor Becky. Looked like she was finally gonna have a moment on a big PPV (or any PPV) but Charlotte is back to take the spotlight.

I would say turn her heel but in an era where a pure babyface that gets cheered is a rarity, they have to keep her as the lovable loser.

Did my ears deceive me or was Miz getting cheers and laughs from the audience? This is why Ciampa would probably not work quite as well on the main roster...too many smarks unwilling to go along with the show.

it isn't to do with smarks.

if the main programmes knew how to book a fúcking babyface, there wouldn't be a problem.

The way the commentators talk after you swear Jeff Hardy is dying every time he's attacked

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Poor Becky. Looked like she was finally gonna have a moment on a big PPV (or any PPV) but Charlotte is back to take the spotlight.

I would say turn her heel but in an era where a pure babyface that gets cheered is a rarity, they have to keep her as the lovable loser.

I'd love for Charlotte to be taken out backstage before the match at Summerslam, and then Becky goes on to win the title

But it'll end up Charlotte winning the title and Becky being jealous without doing anything isn't it

Beckys there to take the pin and thats all at summerslam

my guess carmella retains after charlotte has becky beat and carmella robs the pin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Becky will be in the figure 8 and Carmella will pin the shoulders and a 3 count will happen as Becky taps

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Charlotte just had to return last night and steal Becky's thunder :(

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Charlotte just had to return last night and steal Becky's thunder :(

I’ve generally liked and defended their use of Charlotte

But she’s turning into the female Roman with an undeserved title shot

i honestly think shes more protected than roman and its not going to stop since there going to build her for the ronda match

i think she doesnt get half as much a grief because of ric even alexa whos also pushed down our throats gets more stick than her.

sky88 wrote: »
    i honestly think shes more protected than roman and its not going to stop since there going to build her for the ronda match

i think she doesnt get half as much a grief because of ric even alexa whos also pushed down our throats gets more stick than her.

She doesn’t get much grief because she’s one of the best women in the ring and a very believable performer

Alexa isn’t up to much in ring, better than Carmella but that isn’t saying much, but Alexa has fantastic mic skills and character work

Charlotte is suffering from the fact WWE can’t book any feuds for the women thats not in the title picture

I think the Usos need to teach Roman how to do a promo. Though they also went through an image change and heel turn to help them.

Looks like they're going to move the Bayley/Sasha feud to Charlotte/Becky. Smackdown gets that feud in exchange for Raw getting the Cass/Bryan height feud.

I know reality shows are pretty scripted, but it doesn't help when Miz says he's on the set of the show. Wouldn't the set be his house?
    And nice of them to put it on at the same time as 205 Live to be sure less people watch 205.

Sounds like Lana has nearly abandoned her accent altogether.

And seems they're stopping the RKO

So has Charlotte got a new top for her ring gear?

Also I've got a great idea. I think they should do an all women PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

CastorTroy wrote: »

Sounds like Lana has nearly abandoned her accent

I hope someone addresses it like this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The one thing I'd say is that the entire point of the story is that ....not that it's undeserved, but that he fans are meant to feel sorry for Becky. They went to great lengths to stress his was Becky first title shot in 18 months, that she hasn't had he chances others have.

Now, the issue is I'd say it's more likely this leads to a stupid heel turn for Becky.

My point is just that the "others deserve a chance" aspect of this seems to be a part of the story they have ahead of them. As opposed to Roman where they pretend that's not what's happening.

Advertisement